Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

1000 point diamond amenity (at check-in - once per stay)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

1000 point diamond amenity (at check-in - once per stay)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2005, 1:01 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Bellevue offers the 1K amenity also, must be great if you are checking in on Monday and don't qualify for any of the other GP bonuses.

I would opt for the baba ganoush spread instead.

lala
Old Sep 19, 2005, 2:10 pm
trd

Programs: DL Platinum; Hyatt Diamond
I asked for the 1000 points instead of an amenity at Pier 66 Saturday. They did not seem to have a clue about it, but said OK. So when I checked out on Sunday AM and the 1W wasn't there I went down to the front desk to inquire. The first receptionist was obviously fairly new and eventually she defered to an experienced (it seemed) staff member. This lady was very nice but, again, "what is this, we have gotten no memo, etc." I just said fine, I will call GP tomorrow and square it away. She said fine, but then was calling GP headquarters to find out what was going on. After a minute or two she got a supervisor who told her that it was in effect, I believe she said, since July 15. The receptionist was very friendly and polite and thanked me for letting her know. The option was NOT on their printed amenity choice card. So as many of us on this board have found out -- the "word" of this perk is certainly not widely publicized by GP, even to their own staffs. It was properly posted to my account by Sunday PM!
Old Sep 21, 2005, 6:47 pm

Programs: BMI Diamond Club Gold forever
Just had a few stays in Boston the last few weeks at both Harborside and Financial Center and even after asking repeatedly at checkin I just had to call the Diamond line to get the 1,000 point amenity (and G bonus code) put into the records. Definitely some growing pains with this great amenity.
Old Sep 21, 2005, 8:27 pm
pdb

Originally Posted by stephem
Just had a few stays in Boston the last few weeks at both Harborside and Financial Center and even after asking repeatedly at checkin I just had to call the Diamond line to get the 1,000 point amenity (and G bonus code) put into the records. Definitely some growing pains with this great amenity.
It's not uncommon for newer staff not to know how to input correctly the G bonus and 1W. Defintely worthwhile to ask that a supervisor to some on the job training so that you can walk out with receipt in hand showing 1WG2 right where it belongs. That'll also make it easier for the next FT'er
Old Sep 22, 2005, 11:50 am

Programs: LH HON, BA LT Gold, AFKL ULTI, WOH Lifetime Globalist, Bonvoy Ambassador
I wonder why there are no Diamond amenities in international Hyatts. I alwyas stay at Hyatts in Asia and so far (Diamond since two years) I never received an amenity card or something like it - is that normal? Do I have to ask for it?
Old Sep 22, 2005, 1:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Originally Posted by pdb
It's not uncommon for newer staff not to know how to input correctly the G bonus and 1W. Defintely worthwhile to ask that a supervisor to some on the job training so that you can walk out with receipt in hand showing 1WG2 right where it belongs. That'll also make it easier for the next FT'er
Exactly. Sometimes you may have to get some more experiences person involved. As much as I like the Diamond line I rather get it right at the hotel. It seems that these bonuses sometimes mystically disappear between checking in and checking out.
Old Sep 27, 2005, 9:50 am

So last weekend we selected the Diamond points as our amenity at the Hyatt Lake Las Vegas on an FFN stay. I called a few days later since those particular amenity points had not posted. The rep put me on hold and came back to tell me that since it was not an eligible rate, I was not entitled to the 1K points. I explained that since they provided the same amenity card (that normal guests receive) and the points were listed as an option, it did not matter whether I was on an award stay/PL stay/eligible rate stay. She said as a "one-time courtesy" she would credit me the points. Now I know that I could have easily hung up and called again, but apparently the CSR's are not all trained properly on the policy. Unless I'm totally wrong?

Last edited by subdawg; Sep 27, 2005 at 9:51 am Reason: typo
Old Sep 27, 2005, 9:58 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Some hotels still don't even have that as an option - Cincinnati, Park SF. I asked CS about this - the lady that I spoke with didn't really know anything about this 1000 point amenity.
Old Sep 27, 2005, 1:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I had 1W posted on ineligible rate. I spent a few $ on incidentals and made sure 1W was entered on the final folio.
Old Sep 27, 2005, 5:51 pm

Programs: HH Gold, Hyatt Plat, AA Gold
Was looking forward to seeing if the SF properties were offering the 1,000 point amenity during a stay 2 weeks ago. First checked into the Hyatt Fisherman's Wharf for a 2 night stay. Was not offered a Diamond Amenity at check in. Inquired about it and the clerk looked around under the desk and pulled out what appeared to be an "old" amenity piece of paper that I am sure was created and copied at the hotel. No Point option. I chose my usual snacks and bottle of wine. Amenity was never delivered and since I had little use for it I didn't bother to complain, figuring I might get more out of it the next day. On day 2 I went to the front desk to inform them that I never recieved the amenity I ordered the previous night. They were very appologetic and reached under the desk and pulled out the "new" amenity card with the 1,000 point option. I chose the 1,000 points and front desk clerk told me to go ahead and choose drinks/snack as well. Looks like they do have the new cards, just need to be sure you have the right person at the front desk. It is interesting to note that this property previously delivered full bottles of wine, but looks like they are now delivering the 1/2 bottles that I've seen at other properties.

Checked out and moved over to the Hyatt Regency. New card w/1000 point option was offered at check in.

Was tempted to split my 3 nights into 3 different hotels, but figured my boss would truely think I was crazy, so settled for 2 properties. So with the G1 bonuses, 4,000 bonus points plus 1 FFN. Not to bad. Now just waiting to get my hand slapped for using MC instead of the corp AMEX.
Old Sep 27, 2005, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by peteropny
Some hotels still don't even have that as an option - Cincinnati, Park SF. I asked CS about this - the lady that I spoke with didn't really know anything about this 1000 point amenity.
The San Jose Airport Hyatt not only doesn't have the 1,000 points listed, they are using xeroxed copies of the old(er) Diamond Amenity cards .
The front desk agent knew about the 1,000 pt. diamond amenity option, but stated that the SJC Hyatt was having no luck in entering the 1W code and having it post - she suggested that I call GP CS after the stay posted to get the credit ^ .

RxTravel
Old Sep 28, 2005, 6:19 am

Programs: UA Global Services 3MM, Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Checked into the Hyatt Regency in Chicago last week and was told by the clerk that the only Diamond amenity that they offered was a $25 food and beverage credit. I thought about arguing, but thought better of it. Used the credit happily.

Checked into the Grand Hyatt SF this week and they had the new cards, I chose the 1,000 points.

An analysis of this thread and my anecdotal experiences clearly demonstrates a variability more at the personnel level then at the property level within the US. There is no set pattern abroad (is there ever)?

Thank goodness for FT! ^
Old Sep 28, 2005, 11:36 am

Originally Posted by meducate
Checked into the Hyatt Regency in Chicago last week and was told by the clerk that the only Diamond amenity that they offered was a $25 food and beverage credit. I thought about arguing, but thought better of it. Used the credit happily.
Yes, HR Chicago seems to march to the beat of a different drum regarding Diamond Amenities. When I was there earlier this year, all they offered was the $25 F&B credit, which I actually enjoyed much more than the normal amenities, especially because of that pizza joint downstairs. They didn't give a choice for the Amenity, however even if I was given the choice I'd probably choose the $25 credit over the 1000 points.................

Last edited by gregorygrady; Sep 28, 2005 at 11:39 am
Old Sep 28, 2005, 3:05 pm

Programs: AC down to Orange lol, Marriott Silver?
1000 point not an amenity choice at Hyatt Montreal 09/27...
Old Sep 29, 2005, 8:49 am

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
Both Irvine and Orange County/Garden Grove have it on their amenity sheets. La Jolla did not have a clue.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.