Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

1000 point diamond amenity (at check-in - once per stay)

1000 point diamond amenity (at check-in - once per stay)

Old Sep 10, 05, 1:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by lovtofly3
You might think so...But not trying to compare programs Starwood Properties in Asia are very compliant when comes to there top tier customers.
It really does depend. I've had some true misses with some Starwood properties in their Asia-Pacific region but they seem to have become more compliant and customer-friendly as of late than they were in the prior couple years.
Old Sep 11, 05, 12:00 pm
pdb

Some of the US properties still do not have their systems set up to input the 1W bonus, or at least that is what I was told at the HR, Coral Gables, this month. Sounded strange to me, but they were sincere. GP Cust.Svc. was kind enough to get it entered.
Old Sep 11, 05, 12:41 pm

Programs: UA1k 2.9mm,AA ex-EXP,Hy Glob, Acc Plt,HH Dia,Onyx Plt,Mar LT Tit,IHG Spi,RR G,BW Dia,FPC Plt
Hyatt Arlington had 1W bonus listed as an amenity option, but the clerk wasn't able to enter it when I checked in. When I checked out this morning, a different clerk entered the G1 bonus instead, and that's what is printed on my receipt. I hope it takes.

The GH Washington D.C. did not offer the 1,000 points bonus on the list of amenities at check in just now. I asked and the clerk said he would enter it into my record. I'll see what it says on my check-out receipt tomorrow.
Old Sep 11, 05, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by kevino
Hyatt Arlington had 1W bonus listed as an amenity option, but the clerk wasn't able to enter it when I checked in. When I checked out this morning, a different clerk entered the G1 bonus instead, and that's what is printed on my receipt. I hope it takes.
Same thing happened to me last weekend at HR Charlotte. 1W amenity was listed as a choice. I chose it but when I got the folio the next morning under the door, 1W wasn't listed in the bonus box, rather he substituted G1 for it (G3 was also in the box since it was a legit promo code at that property). Anyways, I was in a hurry to get to the airport so I didn't say anything then, but only the G3 bonus posted when my stay posted on hyatt.com. So I guess a call to GP CS is in order..........I'm not sure if the clerk couldn't input 1W into the computer or if he just ran through the list of promo codes in the computer and saw that G1 was for a 1000 point bonus so he just entered that. But that's probably not the case since it seems lots of properties are having trouble entering the 1W bonuses.........
Old Sep 12, 05, 1:19 pm
pdb

GP Cust. Svc. indicated that some properties arehaving problems when they attempt to input the 1W bonus, and that they hope to resolve the problem in the very near future. In the meanwhile, Cust.Svc. can post the missing 1W.
Old Sep 13, 05, 5:07 pm

Programs: AA - Plat, SPG - Plat, Hyatt - Diamond, Marriott - Silver, Avis - First
Originally Posted by pdb
GP Cust. Svc. indicated that some properties arehaving problems when they attempt to input the 1W bonus, and that they hope to resolve the problem in the very near future. In the meanwhile, Cust.Svc. can post the missing 1W.
When I checked in and requested for the bonus points as the Diamond Amenity, the front desk clerk said "okay" but the bonus wasn't posted. I had to call GP Customer Service who spoke to his supervisor and got the 1000 bonus points processed.
Old Sep 13, 05, 7:18 pm
pdb

Originally Posted by awc825
When I checked in and requested for the bonus points as the Diamond Amenity, the front desk clerk said "okay" but the bonus wasn't posted. I had to call GP Customer Service who spoke to his supervisor and got the 1000 bonus points processed.
You can minimize/eliminate the need to call GP Cust.SVc, by being sure that the 1W is printed out on your final receipt in the field where the G1, G2, G3 bonuses are printed out. Checking out today, for example, neither the 1W or the G2 bonus was posted, although (a) I had filled out the new amenity form; and (b) when I made the reservation, I had input G2. I had to get the front desk supervisor involved, but it was a simple set of key strokes and voila: "1W G2" appeared where they should.
Old Sep 13, 05, 7:36 pm

Programs: BA G, LH SEN, Hyatt Lifetime Glob, Marriott Lifetime Plat, HH Dmd, IC Amb, Sixt Dmd, Avis/Hertz Pres
When you do 1-800-check-in, can you there select the points as your Diamond amenity? Or can you only do so when you actually stand at the reception? Thanks in advance for the info...I haven't done 1-800-check-in before.
Old Sep 13, 05, 10:03 pm
pdb

Originally Posted by attorney28
When you do 1-800-check-in, can you there select the points as your Diamond amenity? Or can you only do so when you actually stand at the reception? Thanks in advance for the info...I haven't done 1-800-check-in before.
When I used 1-800-check-in, last week, for a late check-in they did me about which amenity I wanted and I told them 1W. However, it still was not on the bill at check out. I had to remind them and they still were unable to do it, so I had to call GP Cust. Svc. Probably after a month or so, they should have all the bugs worked out of the system.
Old Sep 15, 05, 2:12 am

Programs: UA Lifetime GS 4mm
You might think so...But not trying to compare programs Starwood Properties in Asia are very compliant when comes to there top tier customers.
Just returned from Sept stay in Tokyo Century Hyatt and Taipei Grand Hyatt, and their Diamond amenities are indeed still less significant than equivalent status levels given to Asian Shangri-La or *Wood. Of course that means no 1W bonus, and minimal Diamond amenities.

I'm hoping GP Corporate can correct this, because ultimately inconsistent "Asian properties" brand experience compared to USA Hyatt properties leads to diluted global hyatt brand image.
Old Sep 15, 05, 4:54 pm
trd

Programs: DL Platinum; Hyatt Diamond
I just checked into the VICTOR and was NOT offered a choice of amenity -- I asked for an amenity card and was told that "the Victor has a special amenity". The "special" amenity is three fruits (of a sort I have never seen before -- they are OK) very attractively presented. But frankly I would rather have had either a choice or the 1000 points -- but then again at this property they have a "regular" 5000 point bonus. So far the room is quite small but fine and the staff very helpful and friendly . . . . but had to wait over an hour and a half for my 'upgraded' room and I arrived at the hotel at 12:45 PM on a Thursday . . . and it didn't seem busy at all!!! That was not a good start!
Old Sep 16, 05, 1:32 am

Programs: UA LT 1K HYDia SPG LT Plat Marriot gld
Nothing new at the BKK Grand Hyatt Erawan.Had 3 tangerines and they actually sent up 3 cookies.Have to admit I reminded them it was my 6th stay and was given a T-shirt(grand hyatt Erawan).No offering of the 1000 points when I asked.
Old Sep 16, 05, 9:00 pm

Programs: UA Global Services 2.91+ MM, Hyatt Globalist
Got the 1W amenity during my stay at the HR Denver Tech Center this week. Front desk staff seemed knowledgable about it and pointed it out on the new amenity card. Kudos to them. ^
Old Sep 17, 05, 9:55 am

Programs: UA1k 2.9mm,AA ex-EXP,Hy Glob, Acc Plt,HH Dia,Onyx Plt,Mar LT Tit,IHG Spi,RR G,BW Dia,FPC Plt
The Grand Hyatt Washington D.C., the Hyatt Arlington, and the Hyatt Regency Washington D.C. all used the G1 bonus when I asked them to give me the 1,000 point diamond amenity. The second time at the GH last week, the manager only did it after calling someone at Gold Passport.

Now for the bad news: none of the bonuses posted to my account! My guess is that the computer was looking for whether the hotel had a listed G1 promotion and when the answer was no, the points didn't post. I'll call the diamond desk.
Old Sep 17, 05, 9:57 am

Nothing new at the BKK Grand Hyatt Erawan.Had 3 tangerines and they actually sent up 3 cookies.Have to admit I reminded them it was my 6th stay and was given a T-shirt(grand hyatt Erawan).No offering of the 1000 points when I asked.
That's pretty generous for the GH BKK!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: