Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

1000 point diamond amenity (at check-in - once per stay)

1000 point diamond amenity (at check-in - once per stay)

Old Sep 7, 05, 2:04 pm
mgi

Got the 1000 points at the HR Suites in Atlanta this week.
Old Sep 7, 05, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
not that it matters anymore since the GP Concierge replied, but I did get the 1000 pts for the amenity for my second stay at NB over the weekend. Sure beats collecting a bunch of bottles of really lousy wine ^
Old Sep 7, 05, 2:58 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by azepine00
As an amenity, 1000 pt should be available on PL and other "ineligible" stays, right? Can anyone confirm?

BTW Hyatt Calgary did not have 1000 pt option on amenity selection card last friday but a call to GP today fixed that in no time. Thanks GP! ^
It should if you have an "eligible" incidental - I would think that it would follow the same "rules" for posting as the G1 etc bonus points.

The Cincinnati HR still has the old amenity cards w/o the 1000 point option, I don't dare ask for it with CS though since I took the food amenity.
Old Sep 7, 05, 3:17 pm

Programs: AA-EXP 3MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
I also got it at Huntington Beach yesterday. They had the new cards, just didn't have their systems ready to accept the new code. The manager got on the phone with GP and they helped him add it to the system.

So long as there are eligible incidentels I imagine we will be getting a 1000 point "rebate" for award and FFN stays too.

^ ^ up for Hyatt. Its a great new option.
Old Sep 7, 05, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by peteropny
It should if you have an "eligible" incidental - I would think that it would follow the same "rules" for posting as the G1 etc bonus points.
AFAIK G-codes are not supposed to work on ineligible rates but diamond benefits (including amenity) apply no matter what the booking source is. Therefore as an amenity I expect 1000 pt being available regardless of stay eligibility.
However I'd like to get a clarification from Karen.

Last edited by azepine00; Sep 7, 05 at 3:30 pm Reason: correction
Old Sep 7, 05, 5:45 pm

My husband got the 1000 points amenity at the Hyatt at Dulles Airport Sunday night. It posted on Tuesday.
Old Sep 8, 05, 3:57 am
dd

karen: is there any documentation online anywhere that says that this new amenity is worldwide? i want to have it so i can produce it for all the asian hyatts (i mainly stay at asian hyatts) that really don't know about diamond amenities...

thanks.
Old Sep 8, 05, 8:48 am

Programs: UA LT 1K HYDia SPG LT Plat Marriot gld
Will be staying at Grand Hyatt Erawan this weekend,I'll report if any amenity is even offered.Usual was 3 lousy green apples.Would be a REAL surprised if the 1000 points is even offered.... Not being bashful I sure will ask.
Old Sep 8, 05, 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by lovtofly3
Will be staying at Grand Hyatt Erawan this weekend,I'll report if any amenity is even offered.Usual was 3 lousy green apples.Would be a REAL surprised if the 1000 points is even offered.... Not being bashful I sure will ask.
I chuckled at this post, as I had just completed a 2 eve stay at GH Erawan. I completely forgot about Diamond amenities, but I did see a dish with three green apples!!!
Old Sep 8, 05, 8:01 pm
dd

i asked today at checkout at the grand hyatt seoul if they could put code 1W into my folio, but their system wouldn't take it... oh well... karen, what are we supposed to do about intl hyatts not offering the amenity choice? please let us know! i want my extra points!
Old Sep 9, 05, 8:37 am
No longer used by Hyatt; use World of Hyatt Concierge

Dear FlyerTalk Members,

We are pleased to hear the positive feedback for the new Diamond Amenity offer. At this time, the 1,000 bonus point option is only available at Hyatt hotels in the U.S., Canada and the Caribbean. However, we are working to develop an offering for the international properties as well.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me directly.

Best regards,

Karen Smith
Gold Passport Concierge
[email protected]
Old Sep 9, 05, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by Gold Passport Concierge
At this time, the 1,000 bonus point option is only available at Hyatt hotels in the U.S., Canada and the Caribbean.
Oh well, I guess the CS rep at the Diamond line gave me the wrong information when she said the Amenity was available worldwide.

I just KNEW that there had to be some kind of backdoor catch that would save some of the Asian Hyatts from giving a Diamond Amenity. It would have killed some of those hotels to have to give out the points.
Old Sep 9, 05, 1:01 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
Originally Posted by gregorygrady
It would have killed some of those hotels to have to give out the points.
HA! It would kill these hotels to give out anything... especially if it's another Gold Passport Benefit!!!
Old Sep 9, 05, 2:50 pm

Programs: AA-EXP 3MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by thezipper
HA! It would kill these hotels to give out anything... especially if it's another Gold Passport Benefit!!!
Its a good point. I've always wondered why the Asian properties are so much tighter with the benefits. (I'm no expert) but it almost seems to be a cultural thing that you only get what you pay for and freebies / extras are taboo. Just my .02
Old Sep 9, 05, 7:32 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K HYDia SPG LT Plat Marriot gld
Originally Posted by GeneCMH
Its a good point. I've always wondered why the Asian properties are so much tighter with the benefits. (I'm no expert) but it almost seems to be a cultural thing that you only get what you pay for and freebies / extras are taboo. Just my .02
You might think so...But not trying to compare programs Starwood Properties in Asia are very compliant when comes to there top tier customers.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: