Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Morristown REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Morristown REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2010, 2:20 pm

Programs: UA LTG, AA LTG, Bonvoy LTP, IHG Plat, LHW Sterling
I stayed last weekend and asked the hostess if it was OK to order off menu rather than be forced to go to the trough and was told no, but she offered to ask the restaurant manager who was very accommodating and he said yes, sure why not. I also stayed again this weekend and the same manager was there and also allowed off the menu… so this could be a YMMV, depends who is there type of thing… or perhaps the change runs a bit deeper… who knows.
Old Jan 17, 2010, 3:40 pm

Programs: Starwood Platinum,Marriott Platinum, United Silver
My sense it is new employees and a training issue - but who knows.
Old Apr 24, 2010, 10:35 pm

excellent hotel. the standard upgrade for diamonds is to the studio suite...nothing extraordinary, but a nice room.

The breakfast was superb. One of the best actually.

Overall a very nice stay.

Last edited by bmw303; Apr 25, 2010 at 8:17 am
Old May 2, 2010, 8:05 am

Is there a lounge at this place?
Old May 2, 2010, 8:28 am

Originally Posted by fly2nrt
Is there a lounge at this place?
no lounge, but the diamond breakfast in the restaurant is very good.
Old Jul 4, 2010, 9:40 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, United MM Gold, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Platinum, Packer Owner
Smile Trip Report

Just returned from a quick "anniversary night" stay with the Mrs.

Check-in was terrific. I asked about a Diamond upgrade, and was told that we'd already been upgraded to a junior suite, Asked where the movie complex was, and was given two comp admission tickets (worth $21.00). Asked where the restaurant & lounge were, and was given two drink tickets for the lounge.

I'd seen previously that the Eclectic restaurant in the hotel participated in restaurant.com, so had my $25 certificate in hand. Dinner there was fine, I had the "lacquered salmon" which was very good. Breakfast buffet (included for diamonds) was OK, fresh berries were the highlight.

Best part was that I snuck in the last stay that was needed for the AA bonus, plus the property has a A2 triple mile promo, so I'll receive 14,500 AA miles for the stay. And I was on a $79.20 AARP promo, including a $25.00 room credit. Finally, I used $100.00 in Hyatt check certificates, leaving me with a net bill of $5.25.

Sometimes life is good. Happy 4th of July!
Old Jul 4, 2010, 3:35 pm

Programs: Starwood Platinum,Marriott Platinum, United Silver
You are soooooo the man! Happy Anniversary.

Originally Posted by NJTraveler
Just returned from a quick "anniversary night" stay with the Mrs.

Check-in was terrific. I asked about a Diamond upgrade, and was told that we'd already been upgraded to a junior suite, Asked where the movie complex was, and was given two comp admission tickets (worth $21.00). Asked where the restaurant & lounge were, and was given two drink tickets for the lounge.

I'd seen previously that the Eclectic restaurant in the hotel participated in restaurant.com, so had my $25 certificate in hand. Dinner there was fine, I had the "lacquered salmon" which was very good. Breakfast buffet (included for diamonds) was OK, fresh berries were the highlight.

Best part was that I snuck in the last stay that was needed for the AA bonus, plus the property has a A2 triple mile promo, so I'll receive 14,500 AA miles for the stay. And I was on a $79.20 AARP promo, including a $25.00 room credit. Finally, I used $100.00 in Hyatt check certificates, leaving me with a net bill of $5.25.

Sometimes life is good. Happy 4th of July!
Old May 11, 2011, 5:08 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
Public Transport from Newark Airport

Any experience using public transit from Newark Liberty Airport to this hotel? Looks very possible but time consuming with transfer at Secaucus on heavy rail, but is there a bus route that is more direct or shared shuttle that is more direct?

Alternately, can anyone verify if Morristown is in a fixed-price cab zone from the airport or you are at the mercy of the meter?
Old May 11, 2011, 10:48 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
It should still be a fixed fare using a taxi at the EWR stand. I live about 10 minutes from Morristown and the taxi fare is $48 plus tolls and tip.
Old May 11, 2011, 12:34 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver, Hilton Gold, Hertz Pres Circle
go28 bus EWR to Newark BROAD STREET station.

NJTransit train from broad street to morristown station.

http://www.njtransit.com/var/var_ser...tion=GoBus28To
Old Jul 17, 2011, 10:01 pm

Anyone knows if they have a pool? Is it kids friendly?
Old May 27, 2015, 8:45 pm

Any recent stays here? Is the studio suite still the standard upgrade for diamonds? What about breakfast - is there a cap? Thanks!
Old Jan 4, 2016, 9:18 am

Good stay. Was upgraded as Diamond to the studio suite. It was a nice room with a kind bed and sofa. The view from the 15th floor was great to watch the sun set over a cold NJ. The hotel is central, with several decent restaurants within a short walk. Parking was comp for guests. All the staff was very friendly, particularly the waiter for breakfast. If there was a cap on breakfast, we were not told of one. Breakfast was decent enough. Charges were omitted from the bill. All in all, a nice stay and would return.
Old Oct 10, 2016, 2:08 pm

Very interesting. It looks like this hotel changed to a Hyatt Regency! Very fitting.
Old Oct 10, 2016, 8:02 pm

Programs: Hyatt GP Diamond
Stayed here recently as a Diamond on a P+C rate after arriving late after a flight from the west coast. Parking was painless - easily accessible, right under the hotel and free (validated).

Check in was easy and the front desk staff very nice and eager to please. Our room was fantastic. We were upgraded to a Premier Suite - large room with bar/living area with large couches and a desk with computer, single large bathroom, and dual 65" LCD's on the top floor with great views. There is dividing wall between the living and sleeping areas, but no closable door.

This hotel is attached to a mall with full service gym that hotel guests have full access to, several restaurants and AMC theater. The gym and theater are a quick walk indoors from the hotel. The Club has a large pool with lap lanes and full assortment of gym equipment and free weights downstairs. Across the street is a Century 21 dept store and many other shops/restaurants within walking distance.

There is no lounge here, but full breakfast is included (choice of ala carte or buffet, but not room service). There is no cap given. Breakfast charges were removed at checkout, but partial gratuity was charged which I questioned as the charge was about 90% of the 18% tip I left. Front desk staff seemed confused about this and said anything "over a few dollars" would be charged back to the guest - which in our case amounted to a ~3% tip included with the diamond benefit which hardly seems fair to the staff. Ultimately, they removed the charge, but seemed annoyed.

All in all a nice property/ stay, and IMO great value with points as a Cat 2 property.

Last edited by gunksny; Oct 11, 2016 at 7:47 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.