Best and Worst Hyatt Staffs?

Old Aug 4, 05, 7:44 pm
Original Poster

Location: Baltimore - Hyatt Lifetime Diamond/Courtesy Card, UA 2M
Best and Worst Hyatt Staffs?

In terms of the staff's competence and treatment of customers, what is everybody's opinion on the best and worst Hyatts you have stayed at? I have stayed at 115 different Hyatts. My votes are as follows:

Best Staff: Park Hyatt Tokyo - Consistently professional and courteous service in the manner of a world class 5 star hotel.

Worst Staff: Coconut Point - This place is a joke. I mean it. It must be a halfway house for the workplace challenged, and we are the brunt of the joke!
Old Aug 4, 05, 8:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Starwood Plat
For consistently excellent service, I'll nominate the PH San Francisco.
Old Aug 4, 05, 8:30 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by William2005
Agreed - I've been staying there for 15 yrs - well over 50 stays without any problems.

Worst of the "Upscale" Properties - Park Chicago - can't seem to do the simplest things correctly.
Old Aug 4, 05, 9:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott/Lifetime Titanium Hyatt/Explorist, Hilton/Silver, IHG Spire,UA Gold
This is why I love this place....

My two favorite staffs are the PH Chicago, and the Hyatt Coconut Point Resort...both places always treat us like royalty, and the only "issue" we ever had was a the Park Hyatt....the Mercedes house car was in the shop, so we had to slum it to dinner in the Caddy! :-)
The kicker to the whole thing is I've only used FFN's at both places and still get upgrades and phenomenal service.
Old Aug 4, 05, 9:38 pm

Programs: UA slave, DL hostage, HGP tool, HH captive, SPG reject
Originally Posted by William2005
another vote here, at least for north american hyatts. international i'll have to pick PHT.

bad: montreal. worst.service.ever. i dunno why i went back a second time.
Old Aug 5, 05, 1:21 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold & Hyatt Explorist
For Asian Hyatts the Grand Hyatt in Hong Kong is pretty darn good (at least it used to be) and the Grand Hyatt in Singapore was pretty ordinary, especially compared to the competition such as Fullerton and Raffles. There hasn't been that much improvement since the days it was a Hyatt Regency.
Old Aug 5, 05, 3:06 am

Programs: BA G, LH SEN, Hyatt Lifetime Glob, Marriott Lifetime Plat, HH Dmd, IC Amb, Sixt Dmd, Avis/Hertz Pres
Of those I have visited...

Best staff: Grand Hyatt Berlin
Worst staff: Regency Hyatt Cologne
Old Aug 5, 05, 4:04 am

Programs: UA1K MM, BA Gold, Hyatt L/T Globalist, Bonvoy L/T Titanium :), HH Diamond, Amtrak Select Exec
Best: Bangkok
Worst: SFO (the Hyatt Regency at the airport)
Old Aug 5, 05, 4:10 am
Suspended

Best staff: Regency Cologne ( simply excellent ! ) and certainly Park Milan , RC team at the Grand Cypress ^

Worst staff: mostly at North American properties, shining examples of poor service come to mind at Crystal City, Lodge at Mc Donald`s, Orange County ( dealing with qeue of 100 people during big convention I must add quickly...)
Old Aug 5, 05, 8:19 am

Programs: BAGold; AA3MMPlat; UA1MMGold; FBGold; MarriottAmb; AccorPlat; HHGold; ICPlatAmb; HyattDiscoverist
Best: PH Vendome (int.), PH SF (US)
Worst: Penn's Landing
Old Aug 5, 05, 11:01 am

Programs: Hyatt Dia, Marriott Plat, Delta Plat
So far, I've stayed in a number of Hyatts (a bunch for me, probably not nearly as many of most here) and I have two favorite staffs:

Grand Hyatt Atlanta: It was a few years ago but the Grand club level staff was very helpful. At the time, we had two small children (4 and 3) and the staff seemed quite entertained by (and very entertaining to) both of them.

Hyatt Regency Hong Kong: Silas Law and his team (Cora, Mimmi, Dora, Valerie, etc...) go way above and beyond even for the smallest detail. Those of you who spend the week(s) on the Mainland working 12-18 hr days, take the 2+ hr ferry to HK, walk a few hot sweaty blocks to the HR, know how important this group is. From the surprise birthday cakes to making on the spot dinner reservations, they are tops. I'll be sorry to see them split up at the end of the year.
Old Aug 5, 05, 6:56 pm

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy Card, CO Gold, Hertz President's Circle, Amex Centurion and its perks...
Coconut Pointe is definitely tops

Originally Posted by bsdstone
My two favorite staffs are the PH Chicago, and the Hyatt Coconut Point Resort...both places always treat us like royalty, and the only "issue" we ever had was a the Park Hyatt....the Mercedes house car was in the shop, so we had to slum it to dinner in the Caddy! :-)
The kicker to the whole thing is I've only used FFN's at both places and still get upgrades and phenomenal service.
I completelu agree with the poster. After being at nearly 100 Hyatts, I have to say I found the staff at Cocounut Pointe simply awesome!! They consistently go out of their way to assist guests, no matter their status or ranking. From the valet to the housekeepers they are great, especially the front desk staff and Tony in the RC who is awesome!!

For a hotel they had a rough beginning, they are now a definite gem.
Old Aug 5, 05, 9:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bas5838
I completelu agree with the poster. After being at nearly 100 Hyatts, I have to say I found the staff at Cocounut Pointe simply awesome!! They consistently go out of their way to assist guests, no matter their status or ranking. From the valet to the housekeepers they are great, especially the front desk staff and Tony in the RC who is awesome!!

For a hotel they had a rough beginning, they are now a definite gem.
It doesn't matter how well they may have treated you, and I have no doubt you had a good experience by your standards. But a talented staff wouold always provide a decent level of service to all guets at all times, especially if you are a Courtesy Card holder and Lifetime Diamond like me.

These folks are effectively lobotomized, and could not comprehend, let alone execute my simplest requests (like a blanket for a rollaway bed.) See my previous posts for all the gory details.

My advice to all of you is to avoid the probability of getting the pitiful service I received at this property, and stay away. Sure you could roll the dice and maybe get decent service (ala Motel 6.) Or you could waste your precious time off and get type of experience I had.

The only good thing I can say is that the collective double digit IQ of the staff at this place will definately lower your expectations, making the Red Roof Inn quite attractive.
Old Aug 6, 05, 12:02 am

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy Card, CO Gold, Hertz President's Circle, Amex Centurion and its perks...
The staff at Coconut Pointe, like other posters have indicated, are excellent. They certainly do not deserve the inappropriate comments about their intelligence or otherwise. Rather, they are the best and brighest of Hyatt and truly do everything to please.

There certainly is something strange about a CC holder with a rollaway!! I am always placed in one of three presidential or bar suites with are available with either one or two connecting rooms.
Old Aug 6, 05, 5:44 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by bas5838
...There certainly is something strange about a CC holder with a rollaway!! I am always placed in one of three presidential or bar suites with are available with either one or two connecting rooms.
Exactly! For once we agree! I mean what the hell were they thinking? I know they were busy, but come on!

Here is a link to the thread with more details on this staff's total incompetence:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showt...52#post4021852

Again, I am very glad that you have had good treatment there. It makes my experience all the more bizarre. But consistency is a cornerstone to competent service, right? So if you want good service, I suppose you have to be a Courtesy Card holder. But wait, even that doesn’t work!

No matter how well others might have been treated, if they can't handle this CC/Lifetime Diamond, then the service, well, ummm, SUCKS! (I don't usually like that word, but in this case it is perfect!)

Last edited by divaof travel; Aug 6, 05 at 8:40 am

Search this Thread
Search Engine: