Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Resort Fees are not waived for Diamonds

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Resort Fees are not waived for Diamonds

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2005, 1:12 pm

Originally Posted by mauld
Earlier this year on a 1 paid + 1 FFN stay at Kauai, I was not charged the resort fee, nor was I charged the fee at my recent stay at Dorado Beach. But I have been charged it at Las Vegas and Huntington Beach.
Lake Las Vegas, Kauai, Maui, Honolulu, and Tahoe have waived the resort fee for us when we were on award stays. Huntington Beach has never mentioned a resort fee, I didn't know it even existed.
Old Oct 1, 2005, 3:22 pm

I had a priceline stay at Huntington Beach and was not charged a resort fee.
Old Oct 5, 2005, 3:57 pm

Programs: UA2mm,HGPdiamond, AAExPlat, MarriottGold
Resort fees have ALWAYS been waived on Award Stays. Otherwise, I've always been charge one.

Palm Springs Hyatt Suites, not a resort by any means, used to charge a $7 resort fee - for parking, newspaper, coffee service in the room, etc. (many of the items are suppose to be GP membership benefits anyway). They finally stopped the 'resort fee' but now charge $10/night for parking!!! Go figure!
Old Oct 5, 2005, 9:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
I paid resort fees on a six night award stay at Kauai last December. I didn't really mind though. We were upgraded to a suite on the ocean upon check in and saved by eating breakfast and grabbing beach waters in the Regency Club every morning.
Old Oct 6, 2005, 9:47 pm

Programs: UA Global Services, HH Diamond
No Fees

As a Diamond, I've never been charged a resort fee at any Hyatt in North America and wasn't charged such a fee even in Saipan.

The one time it showed-up on my folio (Maui, this summer) they quickly removed it saying it was an error there and that they waive the fee for Diamonds.
Old Oct 16, 2005, 6:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
Let me add a little more to the confusion

I would swear I have never been charged the resort fee at any of the resorts I've stayed but I was at the Grand Cypress last weekend.

I asked about it and they said they only waive it if you are on some kind of an award. I just found my bill from memorial day weekend, and in fact, I wasn't charged the fee using FFNs.

On other stays I've used a combination of money & awards and perhaps that's why I'm wasn't charged.

Between the resort fee ($13) and the valet parking fee ($15) it's turning into quite a chunk of change
Old Oct 16, 2005, 3:46 pm
trd

Programs: DL Platinum; Hyatt Diamond
I was at Grand Cypress several weeks ago and questioned the charge -- as I had checked in @10PM and out 10AM the next morning. It was cheerfully removed.
Old Oct 16, 2005, 8:32 pm

Programs: Hyatt Courtesy Card, CO Gold, Hertz President's Circle, Amex Centurion and its perks...
Grand Cypress has excellent self parking

Grand Cypress is definitely a hotel where self parking is a great option. If you go slightly past the hotel entrance there is a driveway with a huge free self parking lot. The ballroom entrance is right there and it really is very convenient.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.