Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Indianapolis REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Hyatt Regency Indianapolis REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Jun 23, 2015, 3:46 pm

Programs: CarlsonGold,HHDiamond, SPGGold,ChoiceGold, *Silver, WNCompanionPass, ASMVPGold, HyattDiamond,IHGPlat
Free Parking?

Is there meter parking in the area? (i.e. Free parking 9pm-7am?)
Old Sep 23, 2015, 4:18 pm

Programs: CarlsonGold,HHDiamond, SPGGold,ChoiceGold, *Silver, WNCompanionPass, ASMVPGold, HyattDiamond,IHGPlat
Originally Posted by Journey4Happy
Is there meter parking in the area? (i.e. Free parking 9pm-7am?)
Nobody answered, so I just confirmed for myself. Yes, there is metered parking all around the building, and it is free during those times.
Old Nov 23, 2015, 3:01 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist; SPG Gold; Hilton Gold
Does anybody know what they will do for breakfast for Diamonds on a holiday, when the restaurant will be closed? We are staying this week, starting tomorrow, so we will be there over Thanksgiving. I couldn't find any info online but I'm assuming the restaurant will be closed on Thanksgiving (which is fine). Just wondered if any compensation points wise or anything would be given, or maybe they will still offer breakfast in the lounge. Thanks!
Old Nov 23, 2015, 4:30 pm

Breakfast on Holidays

Does anybody know what US Hyatts do for breakfast for Diamonds on holidays, when the restaurant is closed? We are staying at the HR Indianapolis this week, so we will be there over Thanksgiving. I couldn't find any info online but I'm assuming the restaurant will be closed on Thanksgiving (which is fine), & I would assume the Regency Club will also be closed or unstaffed, thus no breakfast. Just wondered if they typically still offer breakfast in the lounge, or give points or something. Thanks!
Old Nov 23, 2015, 4:53 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
I have never stayed in a hotel that did not serve breakfast on Thanksgiving. Call them (317) 632-1234

If the lounge is closed you will get 2,500 points and breakfast in the restaurant

Last edited by bigguyinpasadena; Nov 23, 2015 at 4:58 pm
Old Nov 23, 2015, 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by bigguyinpasadena
I have never stayed in a hotel that did not serve breakfast on Thanksgiving. Call them (317) 632-1234

If the lounge is closed you will get 2,500 points and breakfast in the restaurant
Really, that's good to hear. I just assumed they would be closed on holidays. Thanks!
Old Nov 23, 2015, 5:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Hotels should have at least one restaurant open on holidays. However, a reservation might be needed for dinner.

Alternatively, if the restaurant really is closed, I would ask about room service and expect the hotel to comp normal room service fees when a restaurant isn't available during normal meal hours.
Old Feb 10, 2017, 7:59 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Any recent updates all ?
Old Sep 13, 2017, 4:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG/Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, UA silver, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
Any recent updates all ?
Bump?
Old Sep 22, 2017, 9:00 am

Be there next week. Was wondering how is breakfast for Globalist. is it in the lounge or can be in the restaurant? Do they generally upgrade Globalist to a suite if available?
Old Oct 4, 2017, 5:23 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG/Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, UA silver, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by TAHKUCT
Be there next week. Was wondering how is breakfast for Globalist. is it in the lounge or can be in the restaurant? Do they generally upgrade Globalist to a suite if available?
How was your stay? Can we get a short review?
Old Oct 4, 2017, 8:26 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by bknets88
Two mini reviews:

Overall:
Great location in downtown indianapolis.
Very similar vibe to other Hyatt Regencies - big building, lots of rooms. Built around a big open interior space. Nice enough rooms, nothing either poor or spectacular.
If you have a higher floor room you have very good views of downtown.

Review #1:
I stayed here about a year ago on the weekend. The hotel was pretty full, so no upgrades (other than being on a high floor). The lounge was closed, so I got 2500 bonus points.

Breakfast was quite good in the restaurant (Fat Rooster). Good buffet, pretty typical of a HR. checkin/checkout was fast and easy. They originally forgot to take breakfast off the bill, but when I mentioned it, they took it off with no questions.

Review #2 :
I gave brother and his wife plus another couple three nights as Guest of Honor last January before the switchover to WoH. They loved the location since they were going to a Pacers game. They haven't stayed in as many middle-upper tier hotels so I think they were more impressed in general.
However, on the second day, the front desk said that they had an upgrade for them - to the presidential suite. They sent me a number of pictures and it was really nice - full dining rooms, living room (with artwork), two bedrooms, I think three bathrooms, they were amazed.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by jameswes
Two mini reviews:

Overall:
Great location in downtown indianapolis.
Very similar vibe to other Hyatt Regencies - big building, lots of rooms. Built around a big open interior space. Nice enough rooms, nothing either poor or spectacular.
If you have a higher floor room you have very good views of downtown.

Review #1:
I stayed here about a year ago on the weekend. The hotel was pretty full, so no upgrades (other than being on a high floor). The lounge was closed, so I got 2500 bonus points.

Breakfast was quite good in the restaurant (Fat Rooster). Good buffet, pretty typical of a HR. checkin/checkout was fast and easy. They originally forgot to take breakfast off the bill, but when I mentioned it, they took it off with no questions.

Review #2 :
I gave brother and his wife plus another couple three nights as Guest of Honor last January before the switchover to WoH. They loved the location since they were going to a Pacers game. They haven't stayed in as many middle-upper tier hotels so I think they were more impressed in general.
However, on the second day, the front desk said that they had an upgrade for them - to the presidential suite. They sent me a number of pictures and it was really nice - full dining rooms, living room (with artwork), two bedrooms, I think three bathrooms, they were amazed.
Thanks I guess I'll keep my reservation. It only costs 8k points and paid rates are close to $200 so great value. I really wanted to try the Conrad but at $250 plus tax (or 55k points) I cant bring myself to doing it, even with HH diamond and all the bonuses. I was looking into the JW as well but that is over $350 and no points options

Unfortunately I will not be doing breakfast either way as my flight out is at 6 AM.

Will try to post a short review as well.
Old Oct 5, 2017, 5:44 pm

Thanks I guess I'll keep my reservation. It only costs 8k points and paid rates are close to $200 so great value. I really wanted to try the Conrad but at $250 plus tax (or 55k points) I cant bring myself to doing it, even with HH diamond and all the bonuses. I was looking into the JW as well but that is over $350 and no points options

Unfortunately I will not be doing breakfast either way as my flight out is at 6 AM.

Will try to post a short review as well.
Gotta say, I stayed at the Conrad back in May of this year and it was amazing. The upgraded me as a Diamond into the one of the art suites, Salvador Dali art was featured in there. Somehow they doubled up on breakfast vouchers and I ended up with 90 bucks in vouchers and still have 40 sitting in my dresser. Really nice room, was a wonderful stay and we only wished wed had more time there.

It was May so of course there was an Indy Car in the lobby and it was hopping with the race coming the next week but it was still a fantastic stay. The blinds and lights were all remote controlled which was fine until the blinds opened on their own at like 630 in the morning lol. Sleeping away and then streaming sunlight, argh!
Old Oct 5, 2017, 8:26 pm

1. The Check-in was quick, but I was not recognized as a Globalist at all nor my keys were coded for the RC, but this was promptly resolved.
2. Got upgraded to a Corner King upon arrival and did not have to ask. I knew the hotel was almost sold out that night.
3. My Corner King was very spacious, however I am not a big fan of a bathroom layout.
4. RC is on a small size with some sandwiches in the evening and a continental breakfast in AM with some cold cuts, fruits, yogurts and etc. I did not like it that much and was offered a coupon for the full breakfast downstairs.
5. The breakfast selection was a hot buffet or anything from the menu.
6. Overall a very pleasant experience. Very friendly and helpful staff.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.