Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Seoul REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Seoul REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 21, 2017, 1:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
When did this property start offering the evening happy hour F&B at Timber House? When I stayed here, I got daily breakfast and some sort of a coupon for a very slight discount on one particular special anniversary cocktail involving hard liquor and raw egg whites. (No thanks.)

Is the happy hour downstairs a WOH (or whoa) perk for Globs?
Maybe a year and a half ago? It's a Globe benefit. Used to be better in the beginning when they actually gave a small selection of Timber House eats with the drinks. I usually don't go because I feel the staff look down on us when we ask for the special menu. The Timber House is being renovated and new manager hired so hopefully it gets better
Old Sep 22, 2017, 11:11 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
Originally Posted by Aventine
I usually don't go because I feel the staff look down on us when we ask for the special menu.
I didn't articulate it, but would agree.

Egg white cocktails are pretty common. Gives it a nice foam. Shouldn't have any issues as the alcohol will take care of things.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 11:19 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by pWei
I didn't articulate it, but would agree.

Egg white cocktails are pretty common. Gives it a nice foam. Shouldn't have any issues as the alcohol will take care of things.
Some people are allergic to eggs.
Old Sep 22, 2017, 7:31 pm

Does anyone else get language-specific hotel literature in their room? You know, there's a welcome brochure for the hotel and also a brochure for the Park Hyatt Busan. Usually near the telephone. I've been getting the welcome brochure for Chinese guests, which has the characters and romanization for "ni hao" on the front, during each stay since start of 2016. My passport is not Chinese and I've never spoken a word of Chinese while inside the hotel; plus the greeting letter on the table next to the fruit is always written in English. I don't suppose every room has the Chinese literature?
Old Sep 22, 2017, 7:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by princesakura
Does anyone else get language-specific hotel literature in their room? You know, there's a welcome brochure for the hotel and also a brochure for the Park Hyatt Busan. Usually near the telephone. I've been getting the welcome brochure for Chinese guests, which has the characters and romanization for "ni hao" on the front, during each stay since start of 2016. My passport is not Chinese and I've never spoken a word of Chinese while inside the hotel; plus the greeting letter on the table next to the fruit is always written in English. I don't suppose every room has the Chinese literature?
It's standard room literature. Been there for years but I've only ever touched it once.
Old Nov 6, 2017, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

@Flamenguista

If you want to read up more on this property vs. PH Busan and GH Seoul.

In other news: Timber House has been renovated into an LP playing, modernized food, bar and lounge done by Superpotato.
Flamenguista likes this.
Old Nov 19, 2017, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The Globetrotter benefit at Timber House is dried fruits, jerky and a delightful dried shrimp and popcorn. The menu items there are a little pricey but excellent quality. I recommend the izakaya menu items - Korean beef jeon and ddeokbokki. The donkotsu ramen is better than some Japanese ramen restaurants I've been to Japan.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 4:51 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Can anyone comment on the cost of breakfast? The corporate rate I am coming on is not my normal one, but my clients, and it includes breakfast for one. My wife is coming along so I will have to pay her breakfast.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 8:56 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
It was 45' for the buffet back in 2016. At least you get an idea!
Old Dec 11, 2017, 11:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh
Can anyone comment on the cost of breakfast? The corporate rate I am coming on is not my normal one, but my clients, and it includes breakfast for one. My wife is coming along so I will have to pay her breakfast.
It's 45000 won per person. It's a small buffet but very high quality.
Old Dec 13, 2017, 5:07 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
In other news: Timber House has been renovated into an LP playing, modernized food, bar and lounge done by Superpotato.
Interesting. Any thoughts on this? How's the food, how's the sound level, is the extensive cocktail list still there, etc

I have stayed at the PH Seoul a handful of times and always really loved the Timber House. The piano + sushi + excellent cocktails & bartenders, not to mention interesting fellow guests around the bar, always made for memorable nights. I'm returning in a couple weeks, hopefully it's as good or better...

Last edited by platbrownguy; Dec 13, 2017 at 5:14 am
Old Dec 13, 2017, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Interesting. Any thoughts on this? How's the food, how's the sound level, is the extensive cocktail list still there, etc

I have stayed at the PH Seoul a handful of times and always really loved the Timber House. The piano + sushi + excellent cocktails & bartenders, not to mention interesting fellow guests around the bar, always made for memorable nights. I'm returning in a couple weeks, hopefully it's as good or better...
The bar is still there. The booths too. Just has LPs instead of live singers. I like the new menu items. Very well crafted and made. Delicious Hakata ramen, ddeokbokki, tacos, empanadas, etc. Cocktail menu is still there and they're still delectable. I think you'll like it.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 4:56 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
The bar is still there. The booths too. Just has LPs instead of live singers. I like the new menu items. Very well crafted and made. Delicious Hakata ramen, ddeokbokki, tacos, empanadas, etc. Cocktail menu is still there and they're still delectable. I think you'll like it.
Thanks! Very excited, and will have to try the ddeokbokki.
Old Dec 14, 2017, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The bathroom heated floors in the suites are a godsend in this chilling Seoul weather!
Old Dec 15, 2017, 7:35 pm

The bathroom heated floors in the suites are a godsend in this chilling Seoul weather!
Unfortunately we are staying over new years eve, and the suites (other than the $$$$ diplomatic & presidential) are sold out, so we will most likely be slumming it in a Park Deluxe King. Still looking forward very much to this stay, the pool, the spa, the whole bit. One of my favorite properties anywhere.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.