Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Seoul REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Seoul REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2009, 11:55 am

Programs: UA:1K MM, AF:FB-Platinum; QR: PC Platinum, FI: Saga Gold
I am a frequent visitor to Seoul and have tried numerous hotels, including the Shilla, Westin Chosun, COEX Intercontinental, Grand Intercontinental, JW Marriott, Hiilton (long time ago), Renaissance (yuck) and the Parky Hyatt. The Park Hyatt most recently.

My first recommendation is to choose a hotel close to where you have meetings. Traffic in Seoul is HORRIBLE and location trumps everything else.

Having said that, I was underwhelmed by the Park Hyatt. The entry to the hotel is basically a back alley. More than that, I found the high-tech room hard to master --- it needs a "user's manual." Lights pop on when you go to the bathroom automatically, there's a master light switch which makes everything either on or off and it seems to have a mind of its own... I got the hand of this on day 3 --- but it's a bit over the top. The minimalist layout of the room reminded me - believe it or not - of my dorm room at university.

Of the hotels I've stayed at, I prefer the Westin Chosun the most.
Old Jul 23, 2009, 1:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by Braniff
The entry to the hotel is basically a back alley.
At least you found it. Coming up from the subway, it was so non-descript that I walked past it twice and ended up finally entering the building through the restaurant around the corner!
Old Jul 24, 2009, 4:40 pm

Programs: UA:1K MM, AF:FB-Platinum; QR: PC Platinum, FI: Saga Gold
Originally Posted by Shareholder
At least you found it. Coming up from the subway, it was so non-descript that I walked past it twice and ended up finally entering the building through the restaurant around the corner!
Indeed.

I will however say that the Park Hyatt had an excellent staff -- as is actually my experience with all hotels in Seoul, and with Korea in general.
Old Aug 24, 2009, 10:57 pm

How are the F&B offerings at the PH? Is The Timber House a new addition?
Old Nov 18, 2009, 2:38 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, MR LTP, others from cards
Ping. I have a trip in January and have booked two FFNs here at the end of the trip (1 FFN night HR Incheon, 2 nights W Seoul cash and points, 1 night Westin SPG points, 2 nights PH Seoul FFN). Then on to SIN.

Never been before, and travelling with my wife and 2 year old son so will be doing a mix of relaxing and enjoying the hotels and sightseeing.

I'll be back to diamond by then with the double stays promo. From the limited information I've found the PH Seoul sounds like a reasonable use of an FFN, though I could switch to the GH.
Old Nov 18, 2009, 7:36 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Don't switch, there's really no comparison between the two, the PH is way better.
Old Nov 18, 2009, 9:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Plat Pro, MR LTP, others from cards
Thanks.
Old Nov 19, 2009, 1:09 am

Originally Posted by RichardInSF
Don't switch, there's really no comparison between the two, the PH is way better.
Totally agree. You won't regret it. Not at all.

Having stayed there twice and am sure some day will be the third time. The Park Suite is very nice with stunning views of an amazing city.

Enjoy it and enjoy Seoul, Korea and it's great food.
Old Dec 1, 2009, 10:33 pm

Programs: SQ KF
Park vs Park Deluxe

Hi all,

I'm being offered an upgrade from Park to Park Deluxe for KRW30,000. Anyone who's stayed in both and what are the differences besides size?

Thanks!!
Old Dec 2, 2009, 5:24 am

Originally Posted by tshep
Hi all,

I'm being offered an upgrade from Park to Park Deluxe for KRW30,000. Anyone who's stayed in both and what are the differences besides size?

Thanks!!

I have only stayed in the Deluxe king, which I found to be very comfortable. While I cannot comment on any differences between the two room types, I would suggest you go for the upgrade based upon the size of the room. I enjoyed staying in the Deluxe King, but would not have wanted it to be smaller.

For me 42 square meter rooms often feel small, rooms around 50 square meters feel quite a bit more spacious to me- there tends to be more of a sitting area and proportionally less space is taken up by the bed.

If you want information about the locations and views from the rooms I am sure the hotel will tell you. Traffic noise on the front side of the building, especially on the lower floors is a factor at this hotel, so you may want to enquire about that.
Old Jan 22, 2010, 1:47 pm

Anyone used the Hertz Limousines (KRW 140,000) transfer before? What car do they use? Is it better than the taxi?

Last edited by neuro0; Jan 22, 2010 at 1:53 pm
Old Jan 22, 2010, 5:06 pm

Programs: Conti Plat/1K, SPG Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by neuro0
Anyone used the Hertz Limousines (KRW 140,000) transfer before? What car do they use? Is it better than the taxi?
We took a taxi from the hotel back to the airport and it was very comfortable for the 2 of us. I believe it was KRW ~80,000. (Summer 2009 stay)
Old Jan 22, 2010, 6:16 pm

Programs: AC-SE, CX-DM, DL-G, Hyatt-DM, Hilton-DM, Fairmont-Plt, Marriott-S, Accor-Plt, SPG-G, IHG-Plt
Originally Posted by neuro0
We were in PH Seoul in December. We used that from the airport to the hotel and we used a taxi from hotel to airport. The Limousine was a bit more comfortable and the driver speaks English better. There is bottled water in the limousine though we didn't use it.

All in all, taxis are not bad in Korea if the driver knows exactly where you're heading to.
Old Jan 28, 2010, 4:47 pm

Programs: AA, WN, Hyatt, Club Carlson, HHonors, MRewards, CET, M Life
Question PH to HR ICN Transportation?

I've booked 3 nights at PH Seoul, but am thinking that there may be traffic issues since I'll have an early departure flight on a weekday. Anyone with experience moving from PH to the airport HR? Is there a shuttle between the Hyatts? What's the best (or cheaper) transportation choice? Thanks.
Old Jan 28, 2010, 5:29 pm
Moderator: Luxury Hotels and FlyerTalk Evangelist

No shuttle between any of the Hyatts in and around Seoul. There is a shuttle from Incheon airport to the airport HR, of course.

From the PH, the cheapest way is to get them to take you to the City air terminal (a few blocks away), which they do for free if you reserve in advance. Then take the bus from there to Incheon for W13,000 or so.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.