Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Seoul REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Seoul REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2020, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by antonius66
Really surprised rates here haven't started falling yet. Have a week booked in April and rates staying the same. Can't imagine occupancy isn't dropping. Of course, not even sure I'll get to go still but I'm still surprised at this point. Wonder what hotel occupancies are like currently.
Probably 20% or less. All the Seoul properties are holding their rates firm. I know the GM is afraid if he slashes rates then they won't recover when this is all over.

Last edited by Aventine; Mar 7, 2020 at 7:00 pm
Old Mar 31, 2020, 6:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

WOW. HDC has no confidence that the coronavirus will end and wants to save salaries and operating costs. June 8th reopening meanwhile FS is still open for business.
Old Jul 18, 2020, 7:34 am

Currently here at the Park Hyatt Seoul. Upgraded to a Park Suite King as a Globalist. The hotel is quite full being the Summer peak season and the fact that it is difficult to vacation abroad at the moment. They still have the Globalist cocktail hour which is now being held at Cornerstone. Toiletries have switched to Le Labo Bergamote but they still have Aesop in the sauna.
Old Jul 18, 2020, 1:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vprp
Currently here at the Park Hyatt Seoul. Upgraded to a Park Suite King as a Globalist. The hotel is quite full being the Summer peak season and the fact that it is difficult to vacation abroad at the moment. They still have the Globalist cocktail hour which is now being held at Cornerstone. Toiletries have switched to Le Labo Bergamote but they still have Aesop in the sauna.
Funny how they kept it for the sauna area. How's the Globalist breakfast?
Old Jul 18, 2020, 8:34 pm

Originally Posted by Aventine
Funny how they kept it for the sauna area. How's the Globalist breakfast?
It was OK. There were four set menus to choose from: Continental, Cornerstone (American), Healthy (egg white omelette) and Korean. We had been to the Andaz and Park Hyatt Busan recently where they let you order items off the menu limitlessly and we mistakenly assumed it was the same here. We only added a waffle so no big deal but only the set will be included. Prefer to have the buffet but understandable to not offer it during these times.
Old Jul 19, 2020, 5:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It was OK. There were four set menus to choose from: Continental, Cornerstone (American), Healthy (egg white omelette) and Korean. We had been to the Andaz and Park Hyatt Busan recently where they let you order items off the menu limitlessly and we mistakenly assumed it was the same here. We only added a waffle so no big deal but only the set will be included. Prefer to have the buffet but understandable to not offer it during these times.
They've become so chintzy under Dabinett and just left me with a bad taste far before COVID-19. I also encountered a similar shock when the GM made clear our usual room service breakfast wouldn't be coming. Was a French toast, waffle and green melon (between 2 people) and was chargeable. A far cry from the glory days when Aesop and breakfast was plentiful.
Old Jul 20, 2020, 2:54 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
When did Glob cocktail hour start and what are the details? It wasn't offered when I stayed here.
Old Jul 20, 2020, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
When did Glob cocktail hour start and what are the details? It wasn't offered when I stayed here.
It started like 4 years ago when it was small bites and a small drink selection at Timber House.
skywalkerLAX likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2020, 3:33 am

Planning to stay for a night or two in the upcoming weeks.

Assuming upgrade to suite as globalist, are the tubs a deep soak tub or the shallow ones like in the GH?

How have things been recently? Anything to keep in mind/pro-tips? Thank you.
Old Oct 4, 2020, 3:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by juncakes
Planning to stay for a night or two in the upcoming weeks.

Assuming upgrade to suite as globalist, are the tubs a deep soak tub or the shallow ones like in the GH?

How have things been recently? Anything to keep in mind/pro-tips? Thank you.
They're exactly as the website shows. A TOTO rectangle. They're better than GHs but kind of uncomfortable because there's no slant for your neck or torso.
skywalkerLAX likes this.
Old Nov 25, 2020, 9:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The Globalist breakfast is a small menu with staggered seating times that you choose upon check-in. 7-8, 8-9 or 9-10am with the last one being the busiest.

Socially distanced tables.
Old Nov 25, 2020, 10:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Aventine
They're exactly as the website shows. A TOTO rectangle. They're better than GHs but kind of uncomfortable because there's no slant for your neck or torso.
The bathtubs at PHS ae the worst. Also, urgent reminder to close the shades because the windows aren't mirrored and everyone from the adjacent office building and Coex/Teheran-ro intersection can watch you in the shower/tub.
Old Feb 20, 2021, 1:30 pm

Programs: American Express Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve
We've been wanting to do a Jeju trip with the relatives but the COVID restrictions were making this difficult; they finally eased some of the restrictions for direct family but too late to make reservations before the end of February to get the bonus journeys credit. So we decided to do something we haven't done before, a staycation in the city we live in. In fact, we did two: Grand Hyatt Seoul and Park Hyatt Seoul, one for V-Day and the next for our wedding anniversary, both through Amex FHR.

We would have considered Privé but the rates for FHR were better, and Privé was not available for the Grant Hyatt for a single night's stay.

On arrival they upgraded our room one category from a regular king to a deluxe - not a high floor but on the 13th floor overlooking Gangnam / COEX which is a pretty spectacular view. Just like the PH Busan, everything about the hotel feels luxurious, in terms of the atmosphere, the decor, the design of the rooms, etc. The deluxe room feels really spacious at 52 square meters, with the tub and room overlooking the city, even though it wasn't a "high floor" is was high enough. Personally, we loved the deep tub and our son had a lot of fun playing in it.

The ₩110,000 credit was restricted as others have noted, we couldn't use it for room service so we ended up using it for our dinner in the lounge. Again, a spectacular view, and the indoor infinity pool next to the restaurant was quite nice especially as we had dinner early right at sunset. The food was very good but I have to say I'd give credit to the Grand Hyatt, IMO their food from the main kitchen was amazing, better than the rooftop restaurant at the Park Hyatt, and the FHR credit is just applied at checkout to the entire bill, not just to the restaurant. However the Park Hyatt free breakfast was clearly superior to the Grand Hyatt.

We also got a bottle of wine and some chocolates on arrival (another FHR benefit), the wine was pretty good. And, the staff gave my son a cute little teddy bear toy as a gift. I am not sure if this was an FHR thing - the hotel had reached out to us notifying us of COVID restrictions and I had written back mentioning it was our wedding anniversary, and the manager said they would do some special for us. Maybe that was it, who knows, but we appreciated it.

Overall I'd say we have really enjoyed our stay here, and the room and the view really made our son and my wife very happy. My son literally said "Let's stay here forever, I don't want to go back home"... if only we could afford an apartment like this in Seoul! Yes, the food wasn't quite as good as the Grand Hyatt (which was really, quite unusually excellent), but there is something special about the atmosphere of these Park Hyatt hotels.
Warriorconcept likes this.

Last edited by synzero; Feb 20, 2021 at 9:45 pm
Old Apr 9, 2021, 7:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

There's a 5-7pm happy hour for Globalists at the outlet of your choice. Cornerstone, the Lounge or Timber House.
Old Apr 26, 2021, 1:56 pm

Programs: Air NZ Elite
Hi everyone! I have a bit of a strange question. If I were to book 14 nights as a Globalist in mid July (just having fun planning some potential 2022 travel) - what do you think my chances would be of a suite upgrade? Are suites usually available at this time? Thank you!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.