Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Seoul REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Park Hyatt Seoul REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Reply

Old Sep 21, 17, 1:03 am
  #436  
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 6,090
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
When did this property start offering the evening happy hour F&B at Timber House? When I stayed here, I got daily breakfast and some sort of a coupon for a very slight discount on one particular special anniversary cocktail involving hard liquor and raw egg whites. (No thanks.)

Is the happy hour downstairs a WOH (or whoa) perk for Globs?
Maybe a year and a half ago? It's a Globe benefit. Used to be better in the beginning when they actually gave a small selection of Timber House eats with the drinks. I usually don't go because I feel the staff look down on us when we ask for the special menu. The Timber House is being renovated and new manager hired so hopefully it gets better
Aventine is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 17, 11:11 am
  #437  
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: BOS
Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Mosaic
Posts: 741
Originally Posted by Aventine View Post
I usually don't go because I feel the staff look down on us when we ask for the special menu.
I didn't articulate it, but would agree.

Egg white cocktails are pretty common. Gives it a nice foam. Shouldn't have any issues as the alcohol will take care of things.
pWei is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 17, 11:19 am
  #438  
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
2019 FlyerTalk Awards
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Minneapolis: DL DM charter 2.3MM
Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Posts: 77,763
Originally Posted by pWei View Post
I didn't articulate it, but would agree.

Egg white cocktails are pretty common. Gives it a nice foam. Shouldn't have any issues as the alcohol will take care of things.
Some people are allergic to eggs.
MSPeconomist is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 17, 7:31 pm
  #439  
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 137
Does anyone else get language-specific hotel literature in their room? You know, there's a welcome brochure for the hotel and also a brochure for the Park Hyatt Busan. Usually near the telephone. I've been getting the welcome brochure for Chinese guests, which has the characters and romanization for "ni hao" on the front, during each stay since start of 2016. My passport is not Chinese and I've never spoken a word of Chinese while inside the hotel; plus the greeting letter on the table next to the fruit is always written in English. I don't suppose every room has the Chinese literature?
princesakura is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 17, 7:38 pm
  #440  
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 6,090
Originally Posted by princesakura View Post
Does anyone else get language-specific hotel literature in their room? You know, there's a welcome brochure for the hotel and also a brochure for the Park Hyatt Busan. Usually near the telephone. I've been getting the welcome brochure for Chinese guests, which has the characters and romanization for "ni hao" on the front, during each stay since start of 2016. My passport is not Chinese and I've never spoken a word of Chinese while inside the hotel; plus the greeting letter on the table next to the fruit is always written in English. I don't suppose every room has the Chinese literature?
It's standard room literature. Been there for years but I've only ever touched it once.
Aventine is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 17, 7:53 pm
  #441  
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 6,090
@Flamenguista

If you want to read up more on this property vs. PH Busan and GH Seoul.

In other news: Timber House has been renovated into an LP playing, modernized food, bar and lounge done by Superpotato.
Flamenguista likes this.
Aventine is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 19, 17, 8:01 pm
  #442  
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 6,090
The Globetrotter benefit at Timber House is dried fruits, jerky and a delightful dried shrimp and popcorn. The menu items there are a little pricey but excellent quality. I recommend the izakaya menu items - Korean beef jeon and ddeokbokki. The donkotsu ramen is better than some Japanese ramen restaurants I've been to Japan.
Aventine is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 17, 4:51 pm
  #443  
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: YYC
Programs: Hilton Diamond, Fairmont Plat, IHG Spire, SPG Gold, WS Gold, Hertz PC, National E Elite,
Posts: 2,674
Can anyone comment on the cost of breakfast? The corporate rate I am coming on is not my normal one, but my clients, and it includes breakfast for one. My wife is coming along so I will have to pay her breakfast.
CanuckFlyHigh is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 17, 8:56 pm
  #444  
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: BOS
Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Mosaic
Posts: 741
It was 45' for the buffet back in 2016. At least you get an idea!
pWei is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 11, 17, 11:50 pm
  #445  
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 6,090
Originally Posted by CanuckFlyHigh View Post
Can anyone comment on the cost of breakfast? The corporate rate I am coming on is not my normal one, but my clients, and it includes breakfast for one. My wife is coming along so I will have to pay her breakfast.
It's 45000 won per person. It's a small buffet but very high quality.
Aventine is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 17, 5:07 am
  #446  
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: DCA
Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver, Hyatt Diamond, M/SPG Plat Prem, National Exec Elite, mlife platinum
Posts: 3,489
Originally Posted by Aventine View Post
In other news: Timber House has been renovated into an LP playing, modernized food, bar and lounge done by Superpotato.
Interesting. Any thoughts on this? How's the food, how's the sound level, is the extensive cocktail list still there, etc

I have stayed at the PH Seoul a handful of times and always really loved the Timber House. The piano + sushi + excellent cocktails & bartenders, not to mention interesting fellow guests around the bar, always made for memorable nights. I'm returning in a couple weeks, hopefully it's as good or better...

Last edited by platbrownguy; Dec 13, 17 at 5:14 am
platbrownguy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 17, 6:32 am
  #447  
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 6,090
Originally Posted by platbrownguy View Post
Interesting. Any thoughts on this? How's the food, how's the sound level, is the extensive cocktail list still there, etc

I have stayed at the PH Seoul a handful of times and always really loved the Timber House. The piano + sushi + excellent cocktails & bartenders, not to mention interesting fellow guests around the bar, always made for memorable nights. I'm returning in a couple weeks, hopefully it's as good or better...
The bar is still there. The booths too. Just has LPs instead of live singers. I like the new menu items. Very well crafted and made. Delicious Hakata ramen, ddeokbokki, tacos, empanadas, etc. Cocktail menu is still there and they're still delectable. I think you'll like it.
Aventine is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 17, 4:56 pm
  #448  
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: DCA
Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver, Hyatt Diamond, M/SPG Plat Prem, National Exec Elite, mlife platinum
Posts: 3,489
Originally Posted by Aventine View Post
The bar is still there. The booths too. Just has LPs instead of live singers. I like the new menu items. Very well crafted and made. Delicious Hakata ramen, ddeokbokki, tacos, empanadas, etc. Cocktail menu is still there and they're still delectable. I think you'll like it.
Thanks! Very excited, and will have to try the ddeokbokki.
platbrownguy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 17, 6:13 pm
  #449  
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 6,090
The bathroom heated floors in the suites are a godsend in this chilling Seoul weather!
Aventine is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Dec 15, 17, 7:35 pm
  #450  
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: DCA
Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver, Hyatt Diamond, M/SPG Plat Prem, National Exec Elite, mlife platinum
Posts: 3,489
Originally Posted by Aventine View Post
The bathroom heated floors in the suites are a godsend in this chilling Seoul weather!
Unfortunately we are staying over new years eve, and the suites (other than the $$$$ diplomatic & presidential) are sold out, so we will most likely be slumming it in a Park Deluxe King. Still looking forward very much to this stay, the pool, the spa, the whole bit. One of my favorite properties anywhere.
platbrownguy is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread