Wiki Posts
Search

New Hyatt.com is up

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2005, 12:18 am
Original Poster

Coming Soon!

Just saw on the website

A new goldpassport.com is coming soon with a refined new look and enhansed features to provide you with a more personalised experience and on-line convenience.

I do hope this will include all bookings on the account and the upgrades if applicable ^

thats one thing I really miss now that I do not stay at spg!
And they have had that online experience for like 3 YEARS!
Old May 12, 2005, 8:01 am

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
mmmm they've had the "new" GP front end out for a few months... I'm just wondering if this is the "official" roll-out.... but if they can do something better with upgrades, I'd be happy...
Old May 12, 2005, 11:19 am

The website is terrible

you can't see your reservations, and different parts of the system make you log in separately if you go from one page to another
Old May 12, 2005, 6:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AndrewC
The website is terrible

you can't see your reservations, and different parts of the system make you log in separately if you go from one page to another
you are obvoiusly talking about the current one NOT the new one as it is down for maintenance for 10 hrs!

yes the old website had problmes. Hope the new one is as up to date as the spg website
Old May 13, 2005, 1:24 am

Location: Baltimore - Hyatt Lifetime Diamond/Courtesy Card, UA 2M
Originally Posted by thezipper
mmmm they've had the "new" GP front end out for a few months... I'm just wondering if this is the "official" roll-out.... but if they can do something better with upgrades, I'd be happy...
All of the upgrades that I can think of are based on availability at time of check -in. I don't understand how you might use the website to secure upgrades, when you are not supposed to be able to do so until you are standing at the check-in desk.

Are there any "confirmable" upgrades?
Old May 13, 2005, 3:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by divaof travel
All of the upgrades that I can think of are based on availability at time of check -in. I don't understand how you might use the website to secure upgrades, when you are not supposed to be able to do so until you are standing at the check-in desk.

Are there any "confirmable" upgrades?
If you are talking about Hyatt upgrades then yes it is at time of CI but with spg they look at the bookings ahead of time and upgrade plats and you actually can see what sort of room you are getting long before checkin.
I have seen presidential suites harbour suites etc. its great as there is no what will or wont I get this booking. @:-)
Old May 13, 2005, 4:35 am

Originally Posted by tinkybelle
I have seen presidential suites harbour suites etc. its great as there is no what will or wont I get this booking. @:-)
I have seen them too - but unfortunately also saw them disappear again quite often right before check-in. I very much agree it's a nice feature, though, and would also like to see it at Hyatt.
Old May 13, 2005, 5:04 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MoritzK
I have seen them too - but unfortunately also saw them disappear again quite often right before check-in. I very much agree it's a nice feature, though, and would also like to see it at Hyatt.
better to have loved and lost than
never loved
Old May 13, 2005, 6:21 am

New Website Is Up!

The new www.goldpassport.com website is up. Get 1,000 GP points by logging in and updating your profile. Unfortunately, I've entered my GP membership number and password, but the system keeps returning that the password is invalid. Several other colleagues have tried this with the same results.

Anyone getting the same error?
Old May 13, 2005, 6:48 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by Fly Me To The Moon
The new www.goldpassport.com website is up. Get 1,000 GP points by logging in and updating your profile. Unfortunately, I've entered my GP membership number and password, but the system keeps returning that the password is invalid. Several other colleagues have tried this with the same results.

Anyone getting the same error?
Working fine for me - didn't see anything about the 1,000 points for updating profile though.
Old May 13, 2005, 7:00 am

Programs: AC *SE, UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by peteropny
Working fine for me - didn't see anything about the 1,000 points for updating profile though.
I was offered the 1,000 points bonus while viewing the "Exclusive Screening" presentation on the site.

As far as my account goes, I get an error when trying to access account details, reservations, etc. I'm optimistic it's temporary!
Old May 13, 2005, 7:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I was able to log into the new site by entering my userid & password from the main hyatt.com screen.

It looks great. My point balance is listed as well as my status, last stay & how many points earned. The best part - my upcoming reservations!!!

I can't click on any of them to get more information. The message reads "information not currently available" no matter what I click on. Still, this is a vast improvement over the old website.
Old May 13, 2005, 8:55 am

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
A definite improvement. Looks a bit like the old Priority Club site layout.

Still no place to store a Corporate # in your profile though
Old May 13, 2005, 9:36 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
And you can go back to see you stays since 1994!
Old May 13, 2005, 10:33 am

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, Marriott, Starwood, ThaiAir Gold
Yes the new site look lovely.
^
I do have a suggestion though just in case Hyatt are watching this space.

In the Gold Passport Bonus Offers section, it would be great if you could customize it so that the countries that you most travel to came up first. Just a thought. Otherwise, great new look.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.