Community
Wiki Posts
Search

diamond status?

Search this Thread

Old May 9, 2005, 8:04 pm
Original Poster

diamond status?

Im currently a Hilton Gold member and was wondering if ppl have experience getting Hyatt to give free diamond status. Any one have experience in this? What do I need to do? Thanks in advance!
Old May 9, 2005, 8:06 pm

Allow me to say it politely before others say it not so politely:

Do a search for "Hyatt Diamond Comp" and you will find out everything you need to know.
Old May 11, 2005, 9:28 am

Programs: UA MM, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by YYZC2
Allow me to say it politely before others say it not so politely:

Do a search for "Hyatt Diamond Comp" and you will find out everything you need to know.
Unfortunately search seems to have disappeared again. [Oops, I just found it!]

But just yesterday I called Gold Passport, explained I was a Hilton Gold, and asked about upgrade from Plat to Diamond. The very nice, efficient lady explained what was needed, which I faxed to her, and today I'm now diamond.

Last edited by SoManyMiles-SoLittleTime; May 11, 2005 at 9:33 am
Old May 12, 2005, 7:00 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SoManyMiles-SoLittleTime
Unfortunately search seems to have disappeared again. [Oops, I just found it!]

But just yesterday I called Gold Passport, explained I was a Hilton Gold, and asked about upgrade from Plat to Diamond. The very nice, efficient lady explained what was needed, which I faxed to her, and today I'm now diamond.
what did you have to send her?
Old May 12, 2005, 9:11 pm

Originally Posted by m3m3m3
You would probably get an answer a lot faster if you spent 2 minutes to call yourself. They will tell you everything that you need.

Two years ago when I comped over I just had to send a statement from the other hotel. Things might have changed.
Old May 13, 2005, 1:48 pm

Programs: UA MM, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by m3m3m3
She asked for my most recent Hilton statement, and Hilton stays for the previous 12 months. Both were available at the Hilton web site, so the whole process took me 5 or 10 minutes. Faxed a simple cover letter also.
Old May 26, 2005, 10:47 am

How long is the comp Diamond Status good for?
Old May 26, 2005, 11:14 am

Programs: BA Gold, LH Silver
For me it did not work out so far. I have a new account with Hilton since the beginning of 2005 and it only shows three stays for this year so far. After sending faxes two times (first got lost) they finally declined the status comp although I have four reservations for the next two weeks with Hyatt, two of them with two rooms, a total of 12 nights. I did explain that I am the CEO of a company and not all stays are done by myself but by employees as well.
Old May 26, 2005, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by Berlinator
After sending faxes two times (first got lost) they finally declined the status comp..........
Good for them. I was a little worried that it would only take 2 phone calls for anybody in the whole world to get Hyatt Diamond. One to HH to sign up for free HH Gold, and then a second call to Hyatt to get a matching Diamond Comp. That worried me a bit when I heard Hyatt matched HH Gold to Hyatt Diamond. At least Hyatt requires proof of stays. ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
Old May 26, 2005, 2:19 pm

Originally Posted by gregorygrady
Good for them. I was a little worried that it would only take 2 phone calls for anybody in the whole world to get Hyatt Diamond. One to HH to sign up for free HH Gold, and then a second call to Hyatt to get a matching Diamond Comp. That worried me a bit when I heard Hyatt matched HH Gold to Hyatt Diamond. At least Hyatt requires proof of stays.
I agree. ^

Hilton hands out Gold for the asking, I've never thought that Hyatt should be comping everyone with Hilton Gold to Hyatt Diamond. I'm glad that they are making people show they acutally may have enought hotels stays in the year to actually qualify for Hyatt Diamond on thier own merits.
Old May 30, 2005, 3:52 pm

Programs: AC down to Orange lol, Marriott Silver?
I am a little surprised that the Hyatt Diamond comp also applied to HHonours Gold. I thought it was only for HHonours Diamond, Marriott Plat and SPG Plat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.