Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Denver REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Grand Hyatt Denver REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Sep 2, 2018, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by CloudCoder
Just had the Stay To Beat All Stays at GH Denver. This property just keeps getting better and better.

Received email from general manager, a few days before stay. I mentioned I was in town to attend an awards banquet, also a couple of meetings at the airport, but mostly just to get out of the Texas heat. (As it ends up, on the days of my stay, it was hotter in Denver than in Texas. Go figure.) G.M. asked about my alcohol preferences. I replied that I never drink alcohol, as my mother tells me it kills brain cells. He replied that he should have followed my mother's advice, but now it's FAR too late. I told him that it's just little old me on this trip, so I'm not using a suite upgrade. (I try to use them when family is along on the trip.) But I said that if I get a choice, I'd like a city view.

I had previously stayed in what I "thought" was the most amazing suite at the property (#2615). This time I was placed into #2612 , which is even more massive than 2615. In the room was a welcome amenity with all kinds of things to eat and drink (non-alcoholic). Everything about the stay was first-class. The staff was so gracious and welcoming. This hotel really knows the meaning of hospitality.

Come to think of it, EVERY stay at the GH Denver has been super-special and memorable, far beyond all hope or expectation. This is one of the most welcoming and accommodating hotels in the entire system.
I haven't stayed at the GH DEN for at least six years, obviously pre-renovations, so it's great to hear things are going well out there.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by CloudCoder
Just had the Stay To Beat All Stays at GH Denver. This property just keeps getting better and better.

Received email from general manager, a few days before stay. I mentioned I was in town to attend an awards banquet, also a couple of meetings at the airport, but mostly just to get out of the Texas heat. (As it ends up, on the days of my stay, it was hotter in Denver than in Texas. Go figure.) G.M. asked about my alcohol preferences. I replied that I never drink alcohol, as my mother tells me it kills brain cells. He replied that he should have followed my mother's advice, but now it's FAR too late. I told him that it's just little old me on this trip, so I'm not using a suite upgrade. (I try to use them when family is along on the trip.) But I said that if I get a choice, I'd like a city view.

I had previously stayed in what I "thought" was the most amazing suite at the property (#2615). This time I was placed into #2612 , which is even more massive than 2615. In the room was a welcome amenity with all kinds of things to eat and drink (non-alcoholic). Everything about the stay was first-class. The staff was so gracious and welcoming. This hotel really knows the meaning of hospitality.

Come to think of it, EVERY stay at the GH Denver has been super-special and memorable, far beyond all hope or expectation. This is one of the most welcoming and accommodating hotels in the entire system.

Yes, every stay there is first rate, I stay there about 10 times per year. As a Glob, they put me in a suite nearly every time. Club is great, and their new restaurant (Courier Kitchen) is very good.
Old Sep 2, 2018, 7:06 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by AirbusFan2B

Yes, every stay there is first rate, I stay there about 10 times per year. As a Glob, they put me in a suite nearly every time. Club is great, and their new restaurant (Courier Kitchen) is very good.
Agree with these recent positive comments. Burned a TSU there in April and had a lovely large suite. The Grand Club is one of the best in the domestic portfolio. I also like the live music they sometimes have in the lobby bar. Convenient location for most anything in or near downtown Denver.
Old Sep 3, 2018, 12:29 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Just to jump on the bandwagon, yeah, this is a really solid property with great service. Club is a strong one. GM told me to save my Explorist lounge upgrade and returned it to me -- nice touch. Bar is good. On top of everything else, price is right.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
I have an upcoming one night stay here and parking is more than I'd like to pay... is there a nearby lot or garage that's recommended?
Old Oct 24, 2018, 7:49 am

Originally Posted by dsquared37
I have an upcoming one night stay here and parking is more than I'd like to pay... is there a nearby lot or garage that's recommended?
There is a garage right across the street. Can't remember the details but I parked there for several nights, had no issues, and wasn't troubled by the price.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 9:25 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage & Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: American ExPlat; Marriott/SPG Lifetime Plat; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by dsquared37
There is a lot on Welton & 18th, right behind the hotel, that I've seen hotel guests park at. If this info is current it looks like it has a $15/day max.

https://parking.com/denver/lot/light...playFullCity=0
Old Oct 25, 2018, 8:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dpb132
There is a garage right across the street. Can't remember the details but I parked there for several nights, had no issues, and wasn't troubled by the price.
Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World
There is a lot on Welton & 18th, right behind the hotel, that I've seen hotel guests park at. If this info is current it looks like it has a $15/day max.

Thank you both.
Old Nov 11, 2018, 8:46 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Can anyone tell me the differences between the morning and evening offerings in the clubs at the HR vs. the GH ? We were unimpressed with the evening presentation at the HR recently.
Old Nov 14, 2018, 6:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dpb132
Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World

Upon arrival I gave keys to valet staff but told them I'd be taking the car to a nearby lot for the night once bags were in the room. During check in FDC comped parking for the night because "it's only 1 night and you're Glob" which was fantastic. There is a $16 per night lot on 18th at Broadway which would have been fine because I didn't need the car until the morning heading back to the airport. A wonderful first impression.

Originally Posted by JIMCHI
Can anyone tell me the differences between the morning and evening offerings in the clubs at the HR vs. the GH ? We were unimpressed with the evening presentation at the HR recently.
I have no idea of the HR but this evening the food was a pork short rib, falling off the bone, no sauce, none needed, potatoes and everything that would be needed for a nice salad. The lounge seats <50 and was relatively empty, not having more than 10 guests during the hour I was there. Booze is decent and on the honor system with self pours. Will check out breakfast in the morning before heading back to DEN.
Old Nov 15, 2018, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by JIMCHI
The other night in GHD club: Teryaki lollipop chicken with roasted potatoes plus an assortment of veggies both raw, baked and roasted plus dips etc. Homemade macaroons for dessert. I find HRDCC overall similar with a bit more variety, perhaps. I stay regularly at both. They are among the better Hyatt clubs I know. From a staffing standpoint, HRDCC takes the cake with manager Adrian and his personalized service. GHD just a body, really, with little clue about hospitality.

For breakfast, I find the two clubs pretty similar.

May I ask, which Hyatt club impressed you more from a dinner presentation standpoint?
Old Nov 18, 2018, 4:47 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by AirbusFan2B

The other night in GHD club: Teryaki lollipop chicken with roasted potatoes plus an assortment of veggies both raw, baked and roasted plus dips etc. Homemade macaroons for dessert. I find HRDCC overall similar with a bit more variety, perhaps. I stay regularly at both. They are among the better Hyatt clubs I know. From a staffing standpoint, HRDCC takes the cake with manager Adrian and his personalized service. GHD just a ‘body,’ really, with little clue about hospitality.

For breakfast, I find the two clubs pretty similar.

May I ask, which Hyatt club impressed you more from a dinner presentation standpoint?
We've only stayed at the HR Convention Center. Last stay a few weeks ago all they had in the evening were some little appetizers (all the same) and cheese. We don't eat large dinners so at many Hyatt properties (such as HR San Francisco Airport and HR Maui) the evening offerings are very substantial. HR SFO offers basically an entire hot meal (entree, soup, salad, dessert, plus cheeses, etc). HR Maui offers hot appetizers (large enough for a small meal) plus salad and desserts.
Old Apr 2, 2019, 10:58 pm

Programs: Costco Executive Member, Amazon Optimus Prime
I stayed at the GH Denver over the weekend and loved it. I'll definitely check this out first for future stays.
  • Was offered to a corner king room for $10 more (accepted). Room which was spacious and on a high floor. Great spacious, clean, well appointed room.
  • Bellman helped with bags, and loading of ubers.
  • Club Lounge was generally deserted. Got some water/tea in the afternoon. The light supper was a salad, crackers/cheese/charcuterie, mini beef wellingtons, and mashed potatoes. I tried a few of the wellys and they were on the tough side. Probably not made with filet.
  • Next morning breakfast was cereal, eggs, bacon, juices, smoked salmon, cheeses/meats, breadstuffs/pastries, hot oatmeal. They kept the coffee machines well filled and I had a couple cups along with a bagel/cheese before heading out.
I don't have many natural paid stays in the Hyatt footprint....but I'm going to see what I can do to try them more. I loved the service - from the front desk, to the phone agents, to the club valet etc.

Considering all the horror stories coming from Marriott guests, it was nice to have such a smooth, easy, and pleasurable stay.
Old Apr 3, 2019, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by akr1970akr
Considering all the horror stories coming from Marriott guests, it was nice to have such a smooth, easy, and pleasurable stay.
Agreed on all - coming from one w/many Marriott horror stories

I stayed here for Hyatt stay #2 in Jan - great property. My TA rate had access to the breakfast buffet in the lobby restaurant which was excellent. Only issue is that the gym is a bit small (and quite narrow actually).
Old Apr 3, 2019, 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
I stayed here for Hyatt stay #2 in Jan - great property.
Just finished another enjoyable stay here. Globalist upgrade at check in to an Executive Suite with views of the Rockies. Room quality and amenities all fine. The lounge is quite good for a domestic GH (and never crowded), tons of restaurants are within easy access, and the lobby bar is fun and lively. Prices here can be dirt cheap when there isnt an event.

Only issue this stay was when housekeeping dropped off clean glasses even though I had the DND sign on the door. Ill mention that in the survey if I get one.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.