Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

What is happening to the Hyatts in Chicagoland?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is happening to the Hyatts in Chicagoland?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2005, 8:26 pm
Original Poster

Location: Madison, WI USA NWA Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Silver
Question What is happening to the Hyatts in Chicagoland?

Back in mid January, I was riding down Congress in Chicago and happen to look over, expecting to see the Hyatt on Printers Row. The hotel was there, was it has been renamed - something I do not recall, but a non-Hyatt.

Then today, I receive a letter from GP HQ in Omaha. The letter was directing me to utilize either the Hyatt Lisle or the Hyatt Lodge at McDonald's Campus instead of the Hyatt Regency Oak Brook.

Upon hitting the Hyatt site this evening, I noticed that both Hyattt on Printers Row and Hyatt Regency Oak Brook are no longer listed. I last stayed at Hyatt Printers Row in April, 2004 and Hyatt Oak-Brook in October, 2004.

I would frequent these properties on average 2 times a year each. Hyatt on Printers Row had a European feel to it, was not my favourite Hyatt, but when the Hyatt Regency on Wacker was sold out, it was home. Same with Hyatt Regency OB, especially with business in the Western suburbs, decent location. Also had a RC, more than I can say for Hyatt Lisle. The RC host at Hyatt OB was always very nice, very professional, great food always!

So, what is happening? Anyone know? Both where older properties, but both had their charm. Hyatt Lisle needs a MAJOR renovation - especially the rooms (carpet bathroom tile,etc.) never been to the Hyatt Lodge at McDonalds campus. Any reviews out there on this property?

And the new Hyatt building in downtown Chicago on Wacker, this is for their HQ, correct? Or will we see a hotel here as well?

Thanks! polson
Old Mar 16, 2005, 6:54 am
Suspended

The Hyatt lodge at Mc Donald`s burger campus is actually 0.8 miles away from Oak Brook, IIRC.I read somewhere that they renovated ii completely, which may me more true for the lobby and public grounds, cause the rooms, or at least the room I had in January 2004 was more than fine and above the usual Hyatt US standards, no RC though.

Since you were a frequent guest at the Oak Brook property, you are aware of the terrible and rundown condition, especially from the outside, rooms were also old , but well kept, same with RC and the small computer lounge on the RC floor-Lisle is comparable, but significantly newer than Oak Brook, actually liked the structure and the Panorama Suites, also in need of renovation though...

Based on that I think they stayed away from the renovation costs in Oak Brook, also partly because of the 2nd close by property there, maybe the same with Printers Row, already solid Hyatt presence relatively close by and in Chicago genereally with the 2000+ room DT Regency, the 800 room Regency at the Convention center and 1100+ room property at O`Hare/Rosemont convention center plus several properties in the suburbs...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.