Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Chicago REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Park Hyatt Chicago REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Dec 5, 2017, 9:34 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Mosaic
Sounds like they made a mistake and offered service recovery - not sure what else you'd want from them, and not sure what you thought you could achieve in the lobby without proper dress.
bsdstone and ceebee100 like this.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 1:38 pm

Planning on staying here on NYE. Am Globalist (ugh hate the name) using two of my free night certs and a couple of award nights. Never stayed here before am traveling with my 4 kids (hence the two rooms). Had a few questions:

1. Will the extend breakfast to just me and two of my kids? I realize that's the published benefit but was wondering if anyone experienced more generosity.
2. Am only able to book two king bed rooms, do they allow rollaways?
3. Parking - has anyone had the opportunity to avail of the free globalist parking here?

Thanks for your help!
Old Dec 18, 2017, 4:04 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
I think their twin rooms is actually 2 full or queen or full beds. The 1st Ive seen that in the US. This may work out better for you.

Parking is included. I would double check that room service still offered. This may work better for you. If not, Ive never had an issue with them covering 2 adults, 2 kids, but my kids are less than 12.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 4:08 pm

Originally Posted by thucanhho
I think their twin rooms is actually 2 full or queen or full beds. The 1st Ive seen that in the US. This may work out better for you.

Parking is included. I would double check that room service still offered. This may work better for you. If not, Ive never had an issue with them covering 2 adults, 2 kids, but my kids are less than 12.
I have 2 over 12 and 2 under. I want the two queens but they are sold out unfortunately.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 10:28 am

If you have TSUs, I'd try reaching out to the hotel directly for a possibility of a suite + connecting room arrangement. Can't remember for sure if the physical setup allows this - maybe. Availability might be tough over NYE, but can't hurt to ask. Or at least a king room + room with two beds connecting room arrangement.

The standard suites have a sofa, wet bar, additional half bath, which may come in handy.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 10:30 am

the grand executive suite definitely had a connecting door to another room off the hallway to the powder room
Old Dec 19, 2017, 10:32 am

Yes - I think I remember seeing the connecting door in the living room of the suite - kind of after the wet bar but before reaching the sofas - but I've been to many. Thanks for confirming!

Edit: Even if you don't have TSUs, I'd reach out anyway. They might quote you a cash upcharge and/or possibly put you in as a globalist upgrade.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 11:40 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, SPG/Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, UA silver, Jetblue Mosaic
Originally Posted by pWei
Sounds like they made a mistake and offered service recovery - not sure what else you'd want from them, and not sure what you thought you could achieve in the lobby without proper dress.
why not book one room under your name and for the other make your wife a GOH
Old Dec 19, 2017, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by bknets88
why not book one room under your name and for the other make your wife a GOH
Actually that is quite brilliant. Didn't think about that. Will ask my concierge to help me with that. Thanks for the advice!!
Old Dec 22, 2017, 7:47 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by Colin
the grand executive suite definitely had a connecting door to another room off the hallway to the powder room
We used the connecting setup with our kids.. it's a two double (maybe queen?) room.. very very nice.. they treated us well... cookies and milk, binnoculars.. definitely had a great time.....

We also used the family plan for the connecting plan... pretty sure it was half off of BAR...

FDW
Old Jan 2, 2018, 5:06 pm

My stay over nye

My stay at the PH Chicago..

After staying at the PH Dubai I had some high expectations which were quickly dashed...it's quite obvious that luxury brands in the US don't compare to international locations.

Stayed for two nights from 12/30-1/1. Booked two rooms and was able to upgrade one via TSU to a park suite. The rooms themselves are quite nice and very spacious. Breakfast was also very good, booked one room on points and the other using free night certs and was able to avail of free breakfast for 2 adults and 4 kids.

Here are the things that took away from an otherwise very good stay:

1. No towels. My kids went swimming on 12/31 and they had no towels on the pool deck. Repeated calls to the front desk and asking the spa staff didn't help. There were no towels in the whole hotel apparently.
2. Jacuzzi was broken on 12/31 and temp was too cold. This was eventually fixed.
3. About half of the TV stations didn't work. The kids love watching stations we don't get at home... unfortunately half of the kids programming wasn't available due to the dreaded "weak signal".
4. TV in main bedroom was broken. Called to get it fixed and waiting 20+ rings with no one answering.
5. Tried to call ahead for the valet to get my car so that it would be waiting for me. Again no answer after 20+ rings.
6. Was looking forward to using the house car given the brutal cold and was told that it wouldn't be available for use till after the new year.
7. The valet drove my car to the front of the hotel with.a flat down to the rims. This was damaging to the car. Then they wouldn't help me change the tire for over half and hour. They only helped me when I said I would have to do it in the front of the hotel...then they relented and said they would help me in their garage.

So...in summary, it's a nice hotel with nice amenities but the service doesn't carry through and you ate quickly left feeling like you are staying at a very nice Hyatt place instead of a Park Hyatt.

Just my opinion...
Old Jan 3, 2018, 4:42 pm

Just providing a quick update, the hotel comped me 25k in points which is fair. I would not have stayed there the night where all the service problems occurred and that was the equivalent of one night. Lesson learned always temper expectations and you will be happy.
bsdstone likes this.

Last edited by ZBigFam; Jan 3, 2018 at 4:53 pm
Old Jan 9, 2018, 3:02 pm

Prices are super low right now checking all the way to April for some "limited time promotion". About $200 a night I'm seeing
Old Jan 9, 2018, 5:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by phant0m
Prices are super low right now checking all the way to April for some "limited time promotion". About $200 a night I'm seeing
are you using a promo code?
Old Jan 9, 2018, 6:54 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeShangri-La Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K
Originally Posted by thucanhho
are you using a promo code?
No, looks to be a 2+ night promo. And it is literally called the "Limited Time Promotion". Full prepayment is also required.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.