Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Chicago REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Chicago REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2016, 12:28 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by EricUSC
Unfortunately, the base "Park Suite" isn't available for my nights at Park Hyatt Chicago.
This place "Grand Executive Suite" inventory for DSUs. It's less common than the base "Park Suite," which is probably why...
Old Jul 12, 2016, 1:49 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, National Exec, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by SFOPhD
This place "Grand Executive Suite" inventory for DSUs. It's less common than the base "Park Suite," which is probably why...
Thanks. Somehow I thought DSUs were for the cheapest suites, but it appears that the more expensive Grand Executive Suite is the one that is used for DSUs here. For my 4 night stay, only nights 3 & 4 have Grand Executive Suite available according to the hotel website. My reservation is made through AMEX FHR. Can I request a DSU only for the 3rd & 4th night? I'm ok with switching rooms halfway through my stay.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 8:42 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Has anyone been able to use a DSU here since the switch from the park suite to grand executive suite? I see a park executive suite availabe but no grand executive suite.
Old Aug 14, 2016, 8:49 pm

Originally Posted by thucanhho
Has anyone been able to use a DSU here since the switch from the park suite to grand executive suite? I see a park executive suite availabe but no grand executive suite.
I'm in the same position, and I gather from previous posts that the hotel is basically doing this intentionally to limit DSU inventory, even though the grand exec suite is basically the same as the park exec suite. So I'd be surprised if you can get anywhere with the park suite (but let us know if you do).
Old Aug 14, 2016, 8:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP, TK Elite, LY Top-Platinum, HGP Diamond, HH Diamond, IHGR Platinum Amb
I did. Reservation was booked in July 2015, DSU applied a month later, stay was at the end of March. The Grand Executive Suite was amazing and service was excellent. ^
Old Aug 14, 2016, 9:31 pm

I called hotel directly. Apparently there is only 1 grand exec suite.
Old Oct 20, 2016, 2:45 am

Staying here in a few weeks, but can't find anything recent about the welcome amenity I'd get as a Diamond if I don't choose points. Can anyone enlighten me?
Old Oct 20, 2016, 12:11 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Frindle
Staying here in a few weeks, but can't find anything recent about the welcome amenity I'd get as a Diamond if I don't choose points. Can anyone enlighten me?
There were a couple of choices as of 3 weeks ago -- I think the choice we didn't pick was some sort of sweets (cookies or something?), and the option we picked was the savory option. This was several glass jars of dip (some sort of hummus, ranch type dressing, olives) along with pita bread and crudités (cut cucumbers, carrots, celery, radishes, etc.). Plus you had a choice of beverage (wine, sparkling water, etc.)

It was pretty good, but it took way to long to arrive (they told us it would be there in 30 minutes, and took well over an hour with 3 or 4 phone calls wondering where it was).
Old Oct 21, 2016, 1:20 am

Originally Posted by oc2005
There were a couple of choices as of 3 weeks ago -- I think the choice we didn't pick was some sort of sweets (cookies or something?), and the option we picked was the savory option. This was several glass jars of dip (some sort of hummus, ranch type dressing, olives) along with pita bread and crudités (cut cucumbers, carrots, celery, radishes, etc.). Plus you had a choice of beverage (wine, sparkling water, etc.)

It was pretty good, but it took way to long to arrive (they told us it would be there in 30 minutes, and took well over an hour with 3 or 4 phone calls wondering where it was).
Thanks.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 1:23 am

I called hotel directly. Apparently there is only 1 grand exec suite.
This doesn't seem correct, unless they're manipulating availability. I have a DSU booked in a few weeks and I can see the Grand Executive Suite open for at least one night I'm there, when if they only had one, none would be.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 2:09 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, United Silver, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Platinum
From the description of the Grand Exec suite vs Park Exec suite there seems to be absolutely no difference. It appears that they just renamed one Park to Grand so that they could limit DSU redemption to no more than 1 per night.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 8:11 am

Interesting note that I have not read in this thread. We are family of 4.

Ordered room service one day, total was $150 with 15-20% tip already added. Only the $5 delivery fee showed up.

Ate at restaurant. Food with tip sub $100. Tip was not included on bill so be add a tip and $17 showed up on our bill.

Not a bid deal for us, but this may encourage some Diamonds to just order room service.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 9:34 am

Programs: AA EXP & AAirpass, Hyatt Courtesy Card, SPG Platinum
The suites are indeed identical, but Grand Exec suites are on higher floors and have lovely lake views. From that perspective, their current DSU policy is very generous. Prior to the current policy, DSUs were confirmed into Park suites. Those suites are on the lowest floors, face Chicago Ave, and don't have any sort of lake view.

I had been under the impression that the hotel has an equal number of Exec suites and Grand Exec suites. However, looking at random dates in the future, it seems a maximum of 3 Exec suites and 2 Grand Exec suites are available for sale.

So perhaps something has changed, but the hotel is still marketing at least 2 Grand Exec suites.

Originally Posted by JD623
From the description of the Grand Exec suite vs Park Exec suite there seems to be absolutely no difference. It appears that they just renamed one Park to Grand so that they could limit DSU redemption to no more than 1 per night.
Old Oct 22, 2016, 12:37 pm
Moderator: Delta SkyMiles, Luxury Hotels, TravelBuzz! and Italy

I am a Platinum and stayed in a great room last weekend with the perfect straight on view of water tower toward Lake Michigan. I doubt that a suite would have enhanced my experience. I thought the service was outstanding . Definitely better than my stay a few months ago at the PH New York (where I had a gorgeous suite and lousy service).
Old Oct 23, 2016, 8:19 am

Programs: AA LT Plat, United Silver, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by sensei
The suites are indeed identical, but Grand Exec suites are on higher floors and have lovely lake views. From that perspective, their current DSU policy is very generous. Prior to the current policy, DSUs were confirmed into Park suites. Those suites are on the lowest floors, face Chicago Ave, and don't have any sort of lake view.

I had been under the impression that the hotel has an equal number of Exec suites and Grand Exec suites. However, looking at random dates in the future, it seems a maximum of 3 Exec suites and 2 Grand Exec suites are available for sale.

So perhaps something has changed, but the hotel is still marketing at least 2 Grand Exec suites.
Appreciate you taking the time to write this and explain the difference. The website description provides no difference between the two room types.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.