Wiki Posts
Search

2nd TSU pulled for same stay?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2019, 8:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
2nd TSU pulled for same stay?

Was checking my account and noticed my TSU balance decreased by 1 - looked at account activity and it seems the hotel I’m do to check into today pulled a second one once the reservation was with 48 hours (their cancel period). I figure I’ll contact my concierge when I get back to have this straightened out but just wondering if anybody else has ever had this happen?
Old Dec 27, 2019, 9:14 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SF1K
Was checking my account and noticed my TSU balance decreased by 1 - looked at account activity and it seems the hotel I’m do to check into today pulled a second one once the reservation was with 48 hours (their cancel period). I figure I’ll contact my concierge when I get back to have this straightened out but just wondering if anybody else has ever had this happen?
Weird I’ve had the opposite happen.

Booked 2 stays, applied TSU’s and only 1 was pulled. I contacted Hyatt via Twitter 3 separate times to triple check which rooms were allocated and they confirmed that they are indeed confirmed suites.
Old Dec 27, 2019, 11:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by SF1K
How many nights are you staying? Are all of the nights on the same reservation? Same rate plan? Does the stay span NYE? In fact, when do your TSUs expire and do both of the ones that were applied expire at the same time?

Are you sure this was done by the hotel? AFAIK TSUs are applied by WOH my Hyatt concierges and other Hyatt reservation agents, not staff at the property.
Old Dec 28, 2019, 9:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
How many nights are you staying? Are all of the nights on the same reservation? Same rate plan? Does the stay span NYE? In fact, when do your TSUs expire and do both of the ones that were applied expire at the same time?

Are you sure this was done by the hotel? AFAIK TSUs are applied by WOH my Hyatt concierges and other Hyatt reservation agents, not staff at the property.

Yes stay is over NYE, 1 reservation, 2 rates, 2 nights paid, 3 nights points - concierge did reservation back in like February and specifically did 1 reservation to only pull 1 TSU which was done at time of reservation. Both TSUs have a 2/2021 expiration.
Old Dec 28, 2019, 5:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Call your concierge, although I'm not sure whether one TSU can officially cover both nights paid with money and nights paid with points.
Old Dec 28, 2019, 11:36 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Call your concierge, although I'm not sure whether one TSU can officially cover both nights paid with money and nights paid with points.
Yes I’ve sent her an email. Will update here when I get an answer. Originally she said no problem that’s why she set up the reservation the way she did. Not the biggest deal as I have more 2021 TSUs then I’ll be able to use up before 2/28/2021.
Old Apr 10, 2021, 3:13 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Noticed that a TSU had been pulled for my stay at the HR Zurich airport correctly, with transaction date 4/9.
In addition, another TSU was pulled for the HR Toronto, same transaction date, HOWEVER, I do not have any reservation for Toronto..

anybody expirienced something similar?

I wrote to MHC, wonder what she reports back. Weird.
Old Apr 10, 2021, 3:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 59Impala
Noticed that a TSU had been pulled for my stay at the HR Zurich airport correctly, with transaction date 4/9.
In addition, another TSU was pulled for the HR Toronto, same transaction date, HOWEVER, I do not have any reservation for Toronto..

Sometimes general CS just assigns a random hotel but the use is for a valid reservation.

Like I had one applied to 50 Bowery except CS marked it as used at PH in Emirates in my account.
Old Apr 10, 2021, 5:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
I recently applied a TSU at the Miraval Berkshires by calling Miraval instead of WoH (the Miraval agent went to her WoH contact to apply the TSU--I still don't fully understand how the Miraval-Hyatt/WoH relationship works). One TSU was pulled that day, and the next day another TSU was pulled. Wrote to MHC to get it fixed, but she claimed that she couldn't do it for Miraval properties and told me to call Miraval. Asked Twitter team if they could fix it, and they did so within 5 minutes of my request.
Old Apr 12, 2021, 2:14 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by 59Impala

Originally Posted by Matt4200
Sometimes general CS just assigns a random hotel but the use is for a valid reservation.

Like I had one applied to 50 Bowery except CS marked it as used at PH in Emirates in my account.

MHC got back to me. TSU was released and she is unsure what happened. The reservation at HR Toronto was not in my name.

weird...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.