Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Hangzhou REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Hyatt Regency Hangzhou REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old May 25, 17, 11:48 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by kgkg View Post
If I use 6000 points per night for suite upgrade, what type of suite should I expect to be upgraded to?
The base entry suite - same as those confirmed via TSU
Old Jun 19, 17, 8:37 am

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LT Plat Premier, Hyatt Globalist, HH Silver
I just completed a 2-night weekend stay at HR Hangzhou, booked as two 1-night stays taking advantage of the lowest mid-year sales (910 and 840 RMB, previously 1320 RMB before sale).

I was preassigned to lake view Club room on 8th floor, which is best available room, period. The only suite on 8th floor is the Presidential Suite. The view is excellent.

Hotel location is very convenient for travel by train from Shanghai. Metro Line 2 in Shanghai stops at Shanghai Hongqiao Station, just over an hour high speed train to Hangzhou East Station. Metro Line 1 goes from Hangzhou Wast Station to Wes Lake area longxianqiao station exit C, turn right walk toward the lake and Hyatt is 2 blocks on the right. It took me <40 minuts from hotel to Hangzhou East Station this morning.

My first afternoon at the Club Lounge, both Guest Relations Manager and the Director of Rooms all found out my name and status and introduced themselves, first experience for me at any hotel.

The food and beverages in the Club Lounge is very good. They had my favorite xiaolongbao 2 of the 4 food services during my stay (evening and breakfast). There was steamed dumplings at each of the food services, which was quite good. I like smoked salmon, salami and cheeses, but then all Hyatt Clubs have those. When in China, I want items I can't get at home. There was watermelon juice throughout the day, something I complained to Grand Hyatt Shanghai about last week. There was also rockmelon (a very fragrant Chinese melon with light orange flesh, more complex flavor than cantaloupe) juice.

I walked the entire lake front, going from right of the hotel. Everyone is out for leisurely stroll, so I had to dodge crowds as I tried to get a workout on the 7 mile walk. There are plenty of sights to see around the lake, some prominent sights from Chinese poetry.

I'm glad I stayed 2 nights over the weekend, so that I could experience enough of Hangzhou and the West Lake area. I'm sure I'll be back in the future when I'm in Shanghai more than 1 week and I can go to Hangzhou for the weekend.

Last edited by CIT85; Jun 19, 17 at 8:53 am
Old Nov 27, 18, 11:46 pm
formerly a193991
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge 2019 FlyerTalk Awards

Programs: Hyatt Elephant (formerly known as Diamond)
Rebranded to Grand Hyatt Hangzhou

Following 18 months of renovations, Hyatt Regency Hangzhou is expected to be re-branded to Grand Hyatt Hangzhou on December 18, 2018.

Full press release: https://newsroom.hyatt.com/news-releases?item=123756

The hotel is an inviting escape for guests and locals alike to indulge in a modern luxury experience like no other, while seeking out the best Hangzhou has to offer. Located at the crossroads of local culture and global business, Grand Hyatt Hangzhou will be the first Grand Hyatt hotel in the Zhejiang Province and the 15th in Greater China.

“We are thrilled to introduce the Grand Hyatt experience to the locals and visitors of Hangzhou,” says General Manager Nicholas Lacey. “We are truly blessed to have this incredible location overlooking West Lake and believe that the breathtaking views coupled with our beautiful recent renovations will make Grand Hyatt Hangzhou the leading destination in the city for business and leisure travel – and to celebrate life’s special moments.”

The hotel is expected to conclude an extensive renovation of its public areas, guestrooms, meeting and event space and restaurants in January 2019. The renovation, which commenced in 2017, was spearheaded by award-winning Thai interior design firm P49 Deesign. With the hotel’s rebrand in mind, the firm set out to develop Grand Hyatt Hangzhou into a transformative destination with modern, timeless interiors that would reflect the city’s rich history and culture while taking full advantage of the prized lake view.

The new Grand Hyatt Hangzhou will feature:
  • 388 guestrooms and suites, ranging in size from 366–2,500 square feet (34–240 square meters). Designed to amplify the breathtaking lake or city views, the indulgent rooms will feature a comforting mix of textures in the wallcoverings and soft furnishings with subtle Chinese design elements appearing in the furniture and wall art.
  • The Grand Club Lounge will offer club-level guests complimentary breakfast, all-day light refreshments and evening cocktails and canapés, as well as the use of the boardrooms and all-day assistance from the Club Concierge. Grand Club guests will also have access to a 4,300 sq.-ft. (400 sq-m) outdoor roof terrace where they will enjoy an exclusive view of the spectacular West Lake Musical Fountain show that performs nightly.
  • Seven globally inspired cocktail and dining venues will aim to offer the highest-quality ingredients, creativity and variety. The renovated Grand Café and Pastry Boutique will share space with a new venue, Patio, which will be a casual indoor and outdoor dining venue overlooking West Lake specializing in authentic Italian pasta and pizza. In Q1 2019, Grand Hyatt Steakhouse will open and offer a rich variety of seafood and exclusive cuts of meat, as well as an Art Deco-inspired cocktail lounge, The Antique Door, featuring a wide range of Champagne, sake and whiskey, accompanied by an international band. Led by Executive Chef Vincenzo Carbone, the culinary team will source the finest ingredients—local and organic when possible—to create authentic cuisine and unforgettable dining experiences.
  • Opening in early 2019, HUAN Spa and Fitness Center will feature an 82 foot-long (25 meter-) long heated indoor pool with a skylight ceiling, pool bar and stunning lake views. Next to the pool, the fitness center will be well-equipped with the latest cardio and strength training machines supervised by the fitness center’s experienced team of fitness professionals. Utilizing natural, local ingredients such as Osmanthus and the world-renowned Longjin green tea, the spa will offer a menu of results-driven treatments that aim to promote complete wellbeing.
  • Re-introduced after a complete renovation in 2017, the hotel’s more-than 35,000 square feet (3,300 square meters) of lavish event space features the latest audiovisual technology and is among the most sophisticated event venues in the Zhejiang capital. Aided by a creative, enthusiastic and highly experienced team of culinary experts and event-planning professionals, the hotel is primed to create spectacular experiences, ranging from elaborate events to simple delights.
luvFclass likes this.
Old Jan 16, 19, 1:22 pm

Programs: MileagePlus, HHonors
Maybe change the title to "Grand Hyatt Hangzhou REVIEW" now?

I am planing a week long summer trip to Hangzhou and Shanghai with wife and two kids, 7 and 4. GH Hangzhou has the best location near the west lake but I have only Discoverist. My question is: is it a good idea to pay 6000 points per night for Club access so we can have breakfast there or just book the standard room and pay cash for the buffet?

Or, just wait for Conrad Hangzhou to be ready since I have Amex Aspire?

Thanks!!
Old Jan 16, 19, 1:28 pm
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Wintertiger View Post
Maybe change the title to "Grand Hyatt Hangzhou REVIEW" now?

I am planing a week long summer trip to Hangzhou and Shanghai with wife and two kids, 7 and 4. GH Hangzhou has the best location near the west lake but I have only Discoverist. My question is: is it a good idea to pay 6000 points per night for Club access so we can have breakfast there or just book the standard room and pay cash for the buffet?

Or, just wait for Conrad Hangzhou to be ready since I have Amex Aspire?

Thanks!!
Why not look into making a Prive booking and get an upgrade, full buffet breakfast for the family and a hotel credit in the rate?
Old Jan 16, 19, 1:58 pm

Programs: MileagePlus, HHonors
Originally Posted by Aventine View Post
Why not look into making a Prive booking and get an upgrade, full buffet breakfast for the family and a hotel credit in the rate?
Was thinking about points only. Looks upgrading a paid night is the best option. Thank you!
Old Jan 17, 19, 1:46 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LT Plat Premier, Hyatt Globalist, HH Silver
Originally Posted by Wintertiger View Post
This hotel has the best location at the banks of West Lake. The old Regency Club was very good. I hope the new Grand Club will be even better. I think 6000 points is a reasonable value since you have breakfast for all 4 and evening food can easily be dinner as well, plus beverages all day long. The terrace off the Club also has great view of West Lake, since your room may not have a decent view.

Now that the hotel is up-branded to a Grand Hyatt, I may have to plan a weekend trip next time I'm in Shanghai.
Old Jan 17, 19, 8:39 pm
formerly staff

Programs: MPC, KF, BAEC // SPG, WoH, Honors
Originally Posted by CIT85 View Post
This hotel has the best location at the banks of West Lake. The old Regency Club was very good. I hope the new Grand Club will be even better. I think 6000 points is a reasonable value since you have breakfast for all 4 and evening food can easily be dinner as well, plus beverages all day long. The terrace off the Club also has great view of West Lake, since your room may not have a decent view.

Now that the hotel is up-branded to a Grand Hyatt, I may have to plan a weekend trip next time I'm in Shanghai.
Possibly the best Regency Club anywhere in the world. Has it been further enhanced or renovated in conjunction with the re-branding? Even if not, it would stack up well against some of the best Grand Clubs out there, such as GH HK.