Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Hangzhou REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Grand Hyatt Hangzhou REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Nov 12, 07, 10:05 am
  #31  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: VCE
Posts: 14,161
Originally Posted by domirule View Post
Shanghai-Hangzhou by plane? I didn't know that such routing existed.
I did not know either. A car and driver, as other posters have written, is an easy 90/120 minute option, and quite comfortable depending on the driver you choose.
TRAVELSIG is offline  
Old Nov 12, 07, 10:10 am
  #32  
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Australia
Programs: Accor Plat,SGP plat, Hyatt Dia, PC Plat, QF Plat, SG TPP, TG Gold
Posts: 284
The flight hasn't operated for some time. Driver is ok if the trafic is with you but can take 3 hours, but at least it's door to door. Train is ok but it goes to a fairly inconvenient Station in Shanghai and not a great option if you have much luggage
paul577 is offline  
Old Nov 12, 07, 5:25 pm
  #33  
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 1,638
The D Trains (the fastest trains) depart and arrive at SHANGHAI SOUTH station. This is the new, circular-shaped station in the city. Actually, the location is not that inconvenient becuase it is located next to a major highway. Last time, from Hyatt on the Bund to Shanghai South Station, it took 18 minutes by taxi. I had to catch the 1:00pm D Train on a weekday, but absolutely no traffic on the roads at that time of day. The D Train from Shanghai to Hangzhou was RMB 50 one-way.
Fly Me To The Moon is offline  
Old Apr 26, 08, 12:59 am
  #34  
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Programs: DL Gold, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Posts: 204
Hyatt Regency Hangzhou tips

I was thinking about taking a trip out to Hangzhou, but the prices for this summer are surprisingly high for a Chinese hotel (not in Shanghai/Beijing/HK). It looks to be about $200 per night! Does anybody have any tips on any way to get a better rate at this hotel? It seems like a nice hotel, but there's a new Four Points that I can get on cash + points for like $30 and minimal starpoints, makes it hard to justify paying that much. I know someone mentioned an advertisement in chinese newspapers for a Hyatt package deal (something like 3000 RMB for a night at each Hyatt in China plus some other things)... anything along those lines, or a code? Thanks in advance!
superbobx2 is offline  
Old Apr 27, 08, 1:36 pm
  #35  
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: NYC
Programs: AS MVP Gold, AA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Posts: 1,550
Originally Posted by superbobx2 View Post
I was thinking about taking a trip out to Hangzhou, but the prices for this summer are surprisingly high for a Chinese hotel (not in Shanghai/Beijing/HK). It looks to be about $200 per night! Does anybody have any tips on any way to get a better rate at this hotel? It seems like a nice hotel, but there's a new Four Points that I can get on cash + points for like $30 and minimal starpoints, makes it hard to justify paying that much. I know someone mentioned an advertisement in chinese newspapers for a Hyatt package deal (something like 3000 RMB for a night at each Hyatt in China plus some other things)... anything along those lines, or a code? Thanks in advance!
I booked this location by phone (via Hyatt 800 number in US) requesting corporate discount...and they offered a Garden Suite King (with lounge access) for only RMB1,000. This may no longer be available (we were informed upon check-in that this was less than half the normal corporate rate for the room), but worth making a call in case still in the system....
jbalmuth is offline  
Old Jun 20, 08, 5:57 am
  #36  
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: SFO
Programs: UA 1K
Posts: 1,471
Beautiful hotel, great location, friendly staff -- but my god I hate being nickel-and-dime'd.
  • 10 RMB ($1.30) to print one page
  • 90 RMB ($13) for internet
  • 100 RMB ($14.50) for a roll-away since the beds were TWIN rather than FULL
  • No free drinks, lounge access, upgrades, diddly-squat for a Plat (I know, not Diamond, still you'd hope for something)

Having come from the St. Regis Shanghai (free everything, shockingly awesome upgrade, incredible staff, great price), it's like an expensive smack in the face.
xj47 is offline  
Old Jun 20, 08, 6:35 am
  #37  
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 1,638
Originally Posted by xj47 View Post
[*]No free drinks, lounge access, upgrades, diddly-squat for a Plat (I know, not Diamond, still you'd hope for something)[/LIST]
Having come from the St. Regis Shanghai (free everything, shockingly awesome upgrade, incredible staff, great price), it's like an expensive smack in the face.
But your being SPG Platinum and getting the benefits at the St. Regis does not equate to your being Hyatt Platinum and hoping for similar benefits at Hyatt Hangzhou. The corresponding tier at Hyatt is Diamond, as you said.
Fly Me To The Moon is offline  
Old Jun 20, 08, 6:49 am
  #38  
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: SFO
Programs: UA 1K
Posts: 1,471
Originally Posted by Fly Me To The Moon View Post
But your being SPG Platinum and getting the benefits at the St. Regis does not equate to your being Hyatt Platinum and hoping for similar benefits at Hyatt Hangzhou. The corresponding tier at Hyatt is Diamond, as you said.
The "free everything" (internet, drinks, printing...) at the St. Regis applied to everyone, not just Plat.

The "fee for everything" (internet, drinks, printing...) at the Hyatt applies to everyone -- I asked.

The only thing I missed out on by not being Hyatt Diamond was a room upgrade.
xj47 is offline  
Old Jun 20, 08, 7:24 am
  #39  
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Netherlands
Posts: 80
Originally Posted by xj47 View Post
The "free everything" (internet, drinks, printing...) at the St. Regis applied to everyone, not just Plat.

The "fee for everything" (internet, drinks, printing...) at the Hyatt applies to everyone -- I asked.

The only thing I missed out on by not being Hyatt Diamond was a room upgrade.
Being a SPG Plat you could have chosen the Four Points Hangzhou.
HanL is offline  
Old Jun 21, 08, 7:57 am
  #40  
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: SFO
Programs: UA 1K
Posts: 1,471
Originally Posted by HanL View Post
Being a SPG Plat you could have chosen the Four Points Hangzhou.
Hyatt was supposed to be a nicer property. Didn't get the chance to check out the Four Points, and Hyatt was definitely a beautiful property, just reaaaally didn't appreciate the nickel-and-dime'ing.
xj47 is offline  
Old Jul 25, 08, 3:46 am
  #41  
Original Member
 
Join Date: May 1998
Posts: 1,778
Is there a diamond amenity at this property? Appreciate to hear choices. Thanks.

Last edited by sggolf; Jul 25, 08 at 5:15 am
sggolf is online now  
Old Jul 25, 08, 6:28 am
  #42  
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 1,638
Originally Posted by sggolf View Post
Is there a diamond amenity at this property? Appreciate to hear choices. Thanks.
No.
Fly Me To The Moon is offline  
Old Jul 25, 08, 8:27 pm
  #43  
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Los Angeles, CA, USA
Posts: 381
I received a small box of pastries (or cookies) as Diamond amenity.

This seems to be the standard Diamond amenity in China... I've received similar amenities at the GH Beijing, HOTB, HR Dongguan...
domirule is offline  
Old Dec 3, 08, 12:03 pm
  #44  
Original Member
 
Join Date: May 1998
Posts: 1,778
Diamond cert use?

Has anyone used their Diamond suite cert here? Were you successful in getting a suite and if so, which one did you get and were you able to pre-reserve upon arrival? Thanks in advance.
sggolf is online now  
Old Jun 29, 09, 6:28 pm
  #45  
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: SEA
Programs: SPG Lifetime PP ; Hyatt Globalist ; Nexus
Posts: 950
Has any Diamond received upgrade to lake view room on the club floor after the new benefits kicked in?
jimmychang is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Search Engine: