FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Grand Hyatt Hangzhou REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/406121-grand-hyatt-hangzhou-review-master-thread.html)

TRAVELSIG Nov 12, 2007 10:05 am

Originally Posted by domirule (Post 8715049)
Shanghai-Hangzhou by plane? I didn't know that such routing existed.

I did not know either. A car and driver, as other posters have written, is an easy 90/120 minute option, and quite comfortable depending on the driver you choose.

paul577 Nov 12, 2007 10:10 am

The flight hasn't operated for some time. Driver is ok if the trafic is with you but can take 3 hours, but at least it's door to door. Train is ok but it goes to a fairly inconvenient Station in Shanghai and not a great option if you have much luggage

Fly Me To The Moon Nov 12, 2007 5:25 pm

The D Trains (the fastest trains) depart and arrive at SHANGHAI SOUTH station. This is the new, circular-shaped station in the city. Actually, the location is not that inconvenient becuase it is located next to a major highway. Last time, from Hyatt on the Bund to Shanghai South Station, it took 18 minutes by taxi. I had to catch the 1:00pm D Train on a weekday, but absolutely no traffic on the roads at that time of day. The D Train from Shanghai to Hangzhou was RMB 50 one-way.

superbobx2 Apr 26, 2008 12:59 am

Hyatt Regency Hangzhou tips

I was thinking about taking a trip out to Hangzhou, but the prices for this summer are surprisingly high for a Chinese hotel (not in Shanghai/Beijing/HK). It looks to be about $200 per night! Does anybody have any tips on any way to get a better rate at this hotel? It seems like a nice hotel, but there's a new Four Points that I can get on cash + points for like $30 and minimal starpoints, makes it hard to justify paying that much. I know someone mentioned an advertisement in chinese newspapers for a Hyatt package deal (something like 3000 RMB for a night at each Hyatt in China plus some other things)... anything along those lines, or a code? Thanks in advance!

jbalmuth Apr 27, 2008 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by superbobx2 (Post 9634896)
I was thinking about taking a trip out to Hangzhou, but the prices for this summer are surprisingly high for a Chinese hotel (not in Shanghai/Beijing/HK). It looks to be about $200 per night! Does anybody have any tips on any way to get a better rate at this hotel? It seems like a nice hotel, but there's a new Four Points that I can get on cash + points for like $30 and minimal starpoints, makes it hard to justify paying that much. I know someone mentioned an advertisement in chinese newspapers for a Hyatt package deal (something like 3000 RMB for a night at each Hyatt in China plus some other things)... anything along those lines, or a code? Thanks in advance!

I booked this location by phone (via Hyatt 800 number in US) requesting corporate discount...and they offered a Garden Suite King (with lounge access) for only RMB1,000. This may no longer be available (we were informed upon check-in that this was less than half the normal corporate rate for the room), but worth making a call in case still in the system....

xj47 Jun 20, 2008 5:57 am

Beautiful hotel, great location, friendly staff -- but my god I hate being nickel-and-dime'd.
  • 10 RMB ($1.30) to print one page
  • 90 RMB ($13) for internet
  • 100 RMB ($14.50) for a roll-away since the beds were TWIN rather than FULL
  • No free drinks, lounge access, upgrades, diddly-squat for a Plat (I know, not Diamond, still you'd hope for something)

Having come from the St. Regis Shanghai (free everything, shockingly awesome upgrade, incredible staff, great price), it's like an expensive smack in the face.

Fly Me To The Moon Jun 20, 2008 6:35 am

Originally Posted by xj47 (Post 9910462)
[*]No free drinks, lounge access, upgrades, diddly-squat for a Plat (I know, not Diamond, still you'd hope for something)[/LIST]
Having come from the St. Regis Shanghai (free everything, shockingly awesome upgrade, incredible staff, great price), it's like an expensive smack in the face.

But your being SPG Platinum and getting the benefits at the St. Regis does not equate to your being Hyatt Platinum and hoping for similar benefits at Hyatt Hangzhou. The corresponding tier at Hyatt is Diamond, as you said.

xj47 Jun 20, 2008 6:49 am

Originally Posted by Fly Me To The Moon (Post 9910606)
But your being SPG Platinum and getting the benefits at the St. Regis does not equate to your being Hyatt Platinum and hoping for similar benefits at Hyatt Hangzhou. The corresponding tier at Hyatt is Diamond, as you said.

The "free everything" (internet, drinks, printing...) at the St. Regis applied to everyone, not just Plat.

The "fee for everything" (internet, drinks, printing...) at the Hyatt applies to everyone -- I asked.

The only thing I missed out on by not being Hyatt Diamond was a room upgrade.

HanL Jun 20, 2008 7:24 am

Originally Posted by xj47 (Post 9910655)
The "free everything" (internet, drinks, printing...) at the St. Regis applied to everyone, not just Plat.

The "fee for everything" (internet, drinks, printing...) at the Hyatt applies to everyone -- I asked.

The only thing I missed out on by not being Hyatt Diamond was a room upgrade.

Being a SPG Plat you could have chosen the Four Points Hangzhou.:D

xj47 Jun 21, 2008 7:57 am

Originally Posted by HanL (Post 9910787)
Being a SPG Plat you could have chosen the Four Points Hangzhou.:D

Hyatt was supposed to be a nicer property. Didn't get the chance to check out the Four Points, and Hyatt was definitely a beautiful property, just reaaaally didn't appreciate the nickel-and-dime'ing.

sggolf Jul 25, 2008 3:46 am

Is there a diamond amenity at this property? Appreciate to hear choices. Thanks.

Fly Me To The Moon Jul 25, 2008 6:28 am

Originally Posted by sggolf (Post 10093905)
Is there a diamond amenity at this property? Appreciate to hear choices. Thanks.

No.

domirule Jul 25, 2008 8:27 pm

I received a small box of pastries (or cookies) as Diamond amenity.

This seems to be the standard Diamond amenity in China... I've received similar amenities at the GH Beijing, HOTB, HR Dongguan...

sggolf Dec 3, 2008 12:03 pm

Diamond cert use?

Has anyone used their Diamond suite cert here? Were you successful in getting a suite and if so, which one did you get and were you able to pre-reserve upon arrival? Thanks in advance.

jimmychang Jun 29, 2009 6:28 pm

Has any Diamond received upgrade to lake view room on the club floor after the new benefits kicked in?