Wiki Posts
Search

Which Hyatt in Atlanta is best?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2005, 5:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL-Platinum; Hyatt-Diamond; HHonors-Silver, Marriott- Gold
Which Hyatt in Atlanta is best?

Would anyone like to give their recommendations based on recent stays at any of the Hyatts in ATL? I did find one thread from 2 yrs ago about the Grand Hyatt/svc. Any new info? I also have PETEROPONY's reviews on Hyatt review site. Again, anything new to add. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.
Old Feb 25, 2005, 5:21 pm

Location: atlanta, ga, - SPG Platinum, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Delta Silver Medallion
I have stayed at the downtown, Buckhead and Marietta Hyatts. Hands down the Buckhead Grand Hyatt is the best.
Old Feb 25, 2005, 5:25 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by abezebabe
Would anyone like to give their recommendations based on recent stays at any of the Hyatts in ATL? I did find one thread from 2 yrs ago about the Grand Hyatt/svc. Any new info? I also have PETEROPONY's reviews on Hyatt review site. Again, anything new to add. Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.
I've been back to the Regency downtown 2x since the review and don't really have anything to add except that they will at least give you RC access as a Diamond and if not really busy they'll give you a large suite.
Old Feb 25, 2005, 5:34 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by travelinman
I have stayed at the downtown, Buckhead and Marietta Hyatts. Hands down the Buckhead Grand Hyatt is the best.
Service; Facility? or everything? I have a platinum reward cert to u/g to rc. What are the chances?
Old Feb 25, 2005, 7:09 pm

Location: Baltimore - Hyatt Lifetime Diamond/Courtesy Card, UA 2M
I have stayed at all three within the past year. If you want to be near downtown, the HR is of course the best bet. I received a very nifty suite upgrade and club access there earlier this month. I've only been to Buckhead once. It was very nice, GH standard, but I wasn't upgraded.
Old Feb 25, 2005, 9:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, UA Silver, HHDmd, MBvLTPLT, PCAmb/Dmd, HYT Dis
The buckhead Grand Hyatt is the old Hotel Nikko. My university used to hold formal events there and I remember lots of stars would come to town and stay in the Nikko penthouse. It is just a grand property all around.

Since leaving Atlanta, I have stayed there twice. I cannot say the service is anything special, but an upgraded room tends to be quite nice. Lots of marble. And if you need to be in Buckhead or northern Atlanta, the location is very central.

Last edited by dbuckho; Feb 25, 2005 at 9:07 pm
Old Feb 26, 2005, 4:55 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Love Buckhead. As a diamond, I'm always given some type of noticeable room upgrade. Most recently, it was to a balcony suite. The staff that I encountered at the front desk was dealing with a frazzled, delayed traveler that had already missed one meeting and was a little grumpy. Housekeeping had not yet cleared my room for occupancy. The agent, noticing that I was not having a good day, took it upon himself to go inspect the room and to locate the HK supervisor. I was in my room in minutes. The service was at these levels during my two-day stay. One frustration was that the restaurant was being remodeled. The area where they were having the buffet was crowded, and we waited 45 minutes for a table at 8AM. I'm sure that's long fixed by now.

If you have occasion to stay at Perimeter Northwest, they do a very nice job. The rooms are big, but a bit dated. Still, the staff here has always gone out of their way to make my stays here very pleasant.

I haven't stayed at the Regency dowtown
Old Feb 27, 2005, 7:42 am

Programs: AAdvantage, Bonvoy
The Grand Hyatt in Buckhead is the best. Very good service, peaches and pecans given for card holders upon arrival, nice beds and great gym equipment. I am a regular there.
Old Feb 27, 2005, 11:47 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MiamiBeachGator
The Grand Hyatt in Buckhead is the best. Very good service, peaches and pecans given for card holders upon arrival, nice beds and great gym equipment. I am a regular there.

Do you know how much parking is there?
Old Feb 27, 2005, 4:37 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Bonvoy
Originally Posted by abezebabe
Do you know how much parking is there?
I don't sorry. The hotel has a driver that takes you anywhere around buckhead free of charge. That is enough to forego the rental car for what I need it for.
Old Feb 28, 2005, 9:23 pm

$15 self.....$19 valet
Old Mar 1, 2005, 1:38 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by scoooter
$15 self.....$19 valet

Thanks! I called yesterday, they quoted me $15 self and $22 valet, must have had an increase. After much vascillating, we decided to go with Buckhead. Thanks to all for your comments.
Old Mar 2, 2005, 8:38 am

Actually, I have been staying there for the past few weeks and, although I also was quoted $22 for valet, it's only $19. And as with most of the posts, I agree that it's a very nice hotel - one of the best hotel gyms in the area.
Old Jul 1, 2005, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
is there free-highspeed at the regency? what about the RC? does it have good food/bev spreads? room quality? just checking for recent updates...
Old Jul 1, 2005, 1:49 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Not real recent update since I was last there in 11/04 - but no free highspeed internet, the RC is ok with average food/bev, rooms in the main tower seem to need updating but the International Tower has been updated superficially and is fine for what it is (a large convention type hotel) - never been in the Ivy Tower (round building) but have read many reports that that should be avoided at all costs.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.