Nobody on 1800-check-in New Year's Day!!!

Old Jan 1, 05, 4:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: HHGold; SPG Platinum; Hyatt Diamond; AA Platinum; NWA Gold
Nobody on 1800-check-in New Year's Day!!!

I've been trying to call 1-800-check-in since 4:30PM ET. No CSR picks up the phone. What's going on?
Old Jan 1, 05, 5:29 pm

Programs: AA 2MM, AS MVP Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, FPC lifetime Plat, Kohls MVP
working for me

I just used it, only waited a few minutes. Time was ~ 3:30pm PST.
Old Jan 1, 05, 5:53 pm

Programs: Various Programs of Interest & LT Collector.
Took me 10 minutes just now - 3:50 PST.
Old Jan 1, 05, 7:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I've been on hold for 10 minutes since 8:30pm EST. Normally I call around 5pm EST but I was out.

Oh well, there's always FT while I wait

Edit - as I pressed submit the rep came on the phone. I'm on hold again, and it looks like it will be a total wait of about 20 minutes.

Happy New Year!

Mary

Last edited by Mary2e; Jan 1, 05 at 7:47 pm
Old Jan 1, 05, 9:25 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
NYEve check in.. could not use it

I was using a FFN on 12/31... for Reston VA.. called 1800 check in and Reston along with a list of about a dozen others were told to check in at the hotel as this service is not available
Old Jan 3, 05, 9:21 am

Programs: AA3MMEXP, BAGold,UA1MMPremGold,FBSilver, MarriottAmb, AccorPlat, HHGold, ICPlatAmb, HyattDiscoverist
I ws on hold for a good 10 minutes on January 1 at about 630 pm Eastern. Maybe GumboCook was talking to the one lone worker bee!
Old Jan 4, 05, 3:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat & 1MM, Marriott LT Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Explorist & IHG Plat Amb
800-checkin service on Dec. 30

We called at 9am on Dec. 30 and were told to call back in 45 min. because the hotel did not have our room "ready" (as if it needed to be ready since we weren't arriving until very late). This happened 2 more times, always the same answer or "the hotel has assigned an upgraded room but it's not ready".

Finally on the 4th try (@3pm) we were assigned a standard room, which was a good thing because the hotel was sold out and we didn't arrive until after midnight due to a blizzard over Donner Summit.

Needless to say we were grateful to have 800-checkin as an option but less than impressed with the system.
Old Jan 4, 05, 4:34 pm

Yes, I'm kind of thinking 1800checkin isn't all that necessary. Only time it seems to be an advantage is when you're going to be arriving late, then you're assured of a room. I called at 2:00 on 12/31 & listened to the recording/list of hotels as mentioned above by TrojanHorse. Mine wasn't mentioned so I proceeded. Was told my room wasn't ready, the previous guests requested a late check-out, but that it was "really special" and worth the wait. Well, that sounded intriguing so I said okay. Decided just to wait till we got there to check in. Arrived at 5:00 and was given just the regular, plain Grand Hyatt SF room. No RC rooms available. I think I was fed a line by 1800checkin. The amount of time you spend on hold, calling back, on hold while they call the hotel . . . can't be more time than you'd spend in line.
Old Jan 4, 05, 5:31 pm

Agree with Steph. Used 1800CI on 12/31 for suite upgrade at Park Hyatt PHL. After 5 min. hold I was told room wasn't ready and number couldn't be assigned but upgrade (with certificate) would be honored and that suite was held by hotel. Needless to say 2 hours later, the staff looked at me like I was crazy and did not have suite. No notation anywhere that 1800CI had reserved anything with hotel. Nice person though at 1800CI
Old Jan 4, 05, 10:09 pm

Location: Alexandria, VA, USA NW Platinum Elite Since 1999, United GoldMM, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz #1 Gold, IC Ambassador, Avis Chairman's
This happened during 4th of July too... but that time, they just didn't schedule anyone to operate it (they goofed and gave everyone the day off) Was told that 1-800-CI would be staffed on all holidays after that... Will see if I can get any answers from the powers that be....
Old Jan 4, 05, 11:16 pm
Suspended

I called at 9 PM on January 1, 2005 and after about 10 mins on hold someone picked up.

So, beggar, what is all the carping about?

NAme one other hotel chain that allows you to do this, huh?

I'm a Diamond and I did not get bent out of shape.

Everyone deserves a day off, and if you had been trying since 4:30 PM and you posted to this BB at 10:30 PM that you still were not able to do so, then you need to also develop a little paitence!

Last edited by NJUPINTHEAIR; Jan 5, 05 at 12:13 am Reason: A tad too harsh.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: