Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Phoenix REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Phoenix REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2018, 5:43 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
I really enjoyed my recent three night stay at this hotel.

It’s a huge convention hotel with what must be a huge number of rooms but that wasn’t a bother.

Despite being full on the first night of my stay I was upgraded from a regular room to a deluxe king on the end of a floor. The room was very spacious with a sofa, desk and chair, large king and huge TV. I received a welcome charcuterie plate which was very nice and appreciated. There was also a note saying the minibar was complimentary but it only consisted of non-alcoholic drinks. Toiletries were KenetMD and included lip balm and an after sun moisturizer which were nice changes. There was a shower/tub combo

Service throughout my stay was great. This included an email in advance of my stay (possibly only the second time I’ve received one from a Regency) enquiring about preferences and arrival time. The bellmen happily helped with my excess luggage and the concierge was equally helpful with maps, directions and information, although I believe they’re only available from 9am to about 5pm.

Breakfast was in the downstairs bar/restaurant. When checking-in I was given a voucher for either the buffet (which was small) or one item plus juice and coffee off the menu. I chose the latter and wasn’t disappointed. The pancake stack was huge and very filling. In the evenings the bar had a great atmosphere with several beers on tap, TVs with sports and friendly bartenders. I had a light meal there one evening and, like breakfast, it was well prepared and presented.

The hotel also appears to be serious about going green. Each floor has recycling cans near the elevators and there is an option to hang a sign on the door noting you do not require housekeeping which I saw outside a number of rooms. Personally I’d prefer to have the room serviced but an option like a lot of hotels have to simply not have linen changed. In the lobby there is a water fountain where you can refill your own bottles.

The pool is fairly small and I suspect probably doesn’t get much sun given it’s essentially in a courtyard but would be fine for a quick dip. The gym was a reasonable size and had very good equipment.

I’d happily return.
Old Feb 18, 2018, 8:13 pm

Programs: UA Premier Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist
My stay was very much like Danger's. I got a similar upgrade, very nice room. My only nit is that the electrical outlets are few and all behind furniture. The staff was without exception cheery and helpful.
My major complaint was that the main restaurant (not the fancy one on the roof, but Networks in the lobby) was awful. The service was uniformly terrible. The food on the breakfast buffet was not good; had lunch there one day and sent it back; and had drinks there a couple times with amazingly slow service. Room service, however, was very good--prompt, decent food (though I only had soup and dessert).
I would definitely stay here again...closest hotel to the convention center, very nice stay! Just try not to eat here!
Old Feb 19, 2018, 2:06 pm

Programs: IC Royal Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond
Hyatt Regency Phoenix is my go to hotel for staying downtown. I've only gotten this suite once and I didn't even know they had such a large suite.

Upgraded on a 1 night stay as a Globalist to room 747 - The Grand Canyon Suite

Bi-level 2 King beds

Additional media room.

Bar

Large outdoor terrace

Main living room

Living room and dining room

Both King bedrooms are the same.
bbbb likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 1:26 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Got one of their large King Bedded rooms at the end of the corridor. Vouchers for breakfast as mentioned but despite ordering what was billed on the breakfast coupon they charged me the Tip and about $3.
Two large bottles of water in the room are free for elite members and were replaced.
Bathrobe on request.
Perfectly adequate stay for $81 per night plus taxes.
Old Dec 9, 2018, 3:48 pm
Suspended
Hyatt 10+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

I'm just curious as to the occasions of your stays at this hotel. We have a family trip to PHX area this holiday season. The $ rate is very low. But I question myself as to why I want to stay here instead of the resort like Hyatt properties. There are some activities in downtown, but I figure it will be very quiet during the holiday season.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 10:57 pm

Originally Posted by RedSun
I'm just curious as to the occasions of your stays at this hotel. We have a family trip to PHX area this holiday season. The $ rate is very low. But I question myself as to why I want to stay here instead of the resort like Hyatt properties. There are some activities in downtown, but I figure it will be very quiet during the holiday season.
I have two kids who are students at the ASU downtown campus, so that's the reason for me. Still very happy with the property.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 7:45 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by aviators99
I have two kids who are students at the ASU downtown campus, so that's the reason for me. Still very happy with the property.
It has weekend sale now for about $90/night. For tourist there, I just wonder maybe downtown Scottsdale is a better place than downtown Phoenix.
Old Dec 11, 2018, 10:25 pm

Originally Posted by RedSun
It has weekend sale now for about $90/night. For tourist there, I just wonder maybe downtown Scottsdale is a better place than downtown Phoenix.
Depends what sort of tourist you are. We do most of our dining in Scottsdale, even when we stay downtown. The resorts in Scottsdale are quite nice and secluded. If you're looking for a romantic getaway and you aren't on a tight budget, you should stay in a Scottsdale resort. If you want to take advantage of that good rate, the HR is very nice, and they take care of Globalists, IME. Car rental is cheap at PHX, so you can drive to Scottsdale like I do. But if not for the fact that the HR is literally walking distance from my kids' dorm, I would likely stay in Scottsdale every time, because I like the resort life.
bbbb likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2018, 8:57 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by aviators99
Depends what sort of tourist you are. We do most of our dining in Scottsdale, even when we stay downtown. The resorts in Scottsdale are quite nice and secluded. If you're looking for a romantic getaway and you aren't on a tight budget, you should stay in a Scottsdale resort. If you want to take advantage of that good rate, the HR is very nice, and they take care of Globalists, IME. Car rental is cheap at PHX, so you can drive to Scottsdale like I do. But if not for the fact that the HR is literally walking distance from my kids' dorm, I would likely stay in Scottsdale every time, because I like the resort life.
Great. This says it all.
Old Jan 31, 2019, 7:30 am

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
Just completed a two-night stay here for work. I was upgraded to one of the end rooms (xx39) which was much bigger than the standard room I had on my first stay here, however I don’t think the extra space is used especially productively due to the layout of the room. Still, it was nice to have the extra space. The room was clean and quiet and everything worked fine.

The option to have Globalist breakfast at the cafe/deli is a nice option since it opens 30 minutes before the main restaurant and is faster. I had a sandwich there yesterday which was pretty tasty, and the main restaurant today. The buffet was closed but the Southwest Benedict was very good.

I had a small package from amazon delievered here and when I received it there was a slip indicating a $5 delivery fee. This never appeared on my bill, perhaps due to being Globalist.

I think downtown Phoenix is pretty boring but if I had to come here again I would certainly return to this hotel. The staff is all very friendly. I did have a nice meal last night at Pomo Pizzeria which is an easy walk from the hotel and would recommend that restaurant. I also think the restaurant in the Renaissance on the next block (dust cutter) is very good.
Old Feb 3, 2019, 2:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,
Whilst maybe a bit boring compared to other cities , I liked downtown Phoenix and the following attractions

State Capitol and the Wesley Brolin Memorial park
Hertiage State Park
The Heard Museum ( easily accessible by the metro light rail)
Pueblo Grande Museum ( 44th/Washington stop on the light rail)

Although I have been tempted by the central location of the hotel I have ended up staying at the restort hotels to relax in by the pool and to admire the design and layout of the hotels.

Regards

TBS

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Feb 3, 2019 at 3:04 am
Old Feb 3, 2019, 7:59 pm

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
Originally Posted by The _Banking_Scot
Whilst maybe a bit boring compared to other cities , I liked downtown Phoenix and the following attractions
TBS,
Thank you for pointing out the attractions, I appreciate it and on a future visit may be able to check some of those out. I didn't mean to pick on Phoenix, but I was really surprised by how quiet the downtown area was - very few people, for the most part if seemed like there weren't even that many people driving around - at least in the immediate vicinity of the hotel and heading up in the direction of ASU. I didn't feel unsafe, it just seemed very quiet at night and like there was not a ton going on. But surely the area in general has a lot to offer.
Old Feb 4, 2019, 11:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

There is also tons to do nearby if you have a car (, Apahe Trail, Tuscon and Tombstone, Sedona etc) also Scottsdale is nice and Tempe ( on the light rail ) will be busy with the shops and night life to cater for the universites/college ( ASU )

Regards

TBS
Old Feb 11, 2021, 12:23 am

Has anyone stayed recently? What are they doing for Glob breakfast?
Old Mar 31, 2021, 9:10 pm

Programs: UA, Marriwood, Hyatt
Originally Posted by Single_Flyer
Has anyone stayed recently? What are they doing for Glob breakfast?
They have some limited items (bagel, yogurt parfait, sausage and egg english muffin sandwich) and various drinks you can order at the cafe/market in lobby.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.