Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Using FFN past their expiration

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2004, 2:52 pm
Original Poster

Using FFN past their expiration

I have heard that it is not that difficult to get an extension (a month) to use the Faster Free Nights. Was wondering how to go about that - if there is a certain way to phrase the request.

thanks,
-A
Old Dec 14, 2004, 4:43 pm

Location: Baltimore - Hyatt Lifetime Diamond/Courtesy Card, UA 2M
Originally Posted by dasalomon
I have heard that it is not that difficult to get an extension (a month) to use the Faster Free Nights. Was wondering how to go about that - if therlity to redeem your FFN'se is a certain way to phrase the request.

thanks,
-A
When did you want to use them? Are you Diamond?

I think FFN's have only been extended for Diamonds, and only towards the end of the redemption period, which is still several months away (April).

If you are Diamond, and March rolls around, call up CS and tell them you have had difficulty finding avaialability for your FFNs. Ask them politely for an extension. In the past, they have usually been able to assist, but there are no guarantees. I would expect them to be somewhat less flexible with this going forward.
Old Dec 14, 2004, 5:16 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob (Barely); Marriott Plat Life; AA Up and Down Now Plat; Hilton, UA, BA, HA Peasant
If its near the end of FFN, AND, there is an availability problem at the hotel you request the agents have been willing to look for available days and may even suggest a later date themselves. Happened to me once before Diamond and several times since, but, I named the hotel of choice and turned them loose to see what they could find (and booked the first workable date). It became their suggestion, for which I thanked them and was quite satisfied.

Last edited by jayer; Dec 14, 2004 at 5:21 pm
Old Dec 14, 2004, 6:29 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
I'm a lowly Platinum and I managed to extend the expiration date of FFN awards for a month. However, this was done before they expire and done in conjunction while trying to book a room with no availability so some sympathy factor may be included.
Old Dec 14, 2004, 7:06 pm

I've always been able to extend my FFN's by 1 month. I guess I just assumed. I am assuming that with the new changes coming up in March, they will not be as lax about extensions.
Old Dec 14, 2004, 7:38 pm

When I was a platinum, I was offered an extension of 2 months and they waived the 3 night minimum stay during the week. They were very gracious and accommodating and that's one of the reasons I stick with GP program.

Originally Posted by dasalomon
I have heard that it is not that difficult to get an extension (a month) to use the Faster Free Nights. Was wondering how to go about that - if there is a certain way to phrase the request.

thanks,
-A
Old Dec 15, 2004, 6:55 am

Programs: UA-Platimum 2 MM, HH-Gold, MR-Lifetime Gold, Hyatt-Discoverist
I'm Diamond and was able to extend the last FFN for a stay in early Dec at the London Churchill Hyatt. Not only that, they let me check in early and upgraded me to a suite on the RC floor with a view of Portman Square!! All I ended up paying was for a drink at the bar
Old Dec 15, 2004, 7:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I'm hoping for a 1 month extension of 2-3 nights myself. I've already got it booked as an award stay & I've got my fingers crossed. I just may end up with more FFN than I can use.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.