Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt to Buy AmeriSuites Hotel Chain

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt to Buy AmeriSuites Hotel Chain

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2005, 9:31 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
It looks like Prime Rewards will integrate with HGP

"Beginning April 1, 2005 AmeriSuites will become part of Hyatt's Gold Passport program. The details of the Gold Passport awards program at AmeriSuites hotels are still under development and more information will be communicated to Prime Rewards members in the near future. Hyatt will arrange for Prime Rewards members to enroll conveniently in the Hyatt Gold Passport program before April 1, 2005.

Beginning July 1, 2005, Hyatt Gold Passport members will be able to redeem Hyatt Gold Passport points for free stays at AmeriSuites hotels."

http://www.prime-rewards.com/
Old Jan 19, 2005, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by TravelScholar
Anyone get their bonus points yet? Anyone??
My daughter's 2500 points have now posted. I signed her up because she needed a few US miles in her account to make an award. We ended up using a priority club voucher instead. Now I'm kicking myself for not signing up the rest of the family before they pulled it. I'd suggest transferring out via points.com before they pull that too.
Old Jan 31, 2005, 11:56 pm

Programs: Most....Four elite air/ Three hotel elites - UA MillionMiler - DL RWT alum
No transfer of Prime-Rewards Points into Hyatt Gold Passport

Time to use up those AmeriSuites/Wellesley Prime Rewards points, or transfer via Points.com to other options. Excerpt in short from below:
"All points earned for hotel night stays that are not used by June 30, 2005 will be forfeited. "
You will -NOT- get to transfer them in to Hyatt's Gold Passport, per their website (but Hyatt GP can then use their points at AS/W...go figure):

From www.prime-rewards.com on the home page:
"Important Changes to Prime Rewards Coming Soon!

Prime Hospitality LLC and Hyatt Hotels & Resorts have announced the following changes to the Prime Rewards customer loyalty program, with regards to Prime Hospitality's Wellesley hotels and Prime Hotels & Resorts brands and Hyatt's newly acquired AmeriSuites hotels:
Through March 31, 2005, AmeriSuites, Wellesley hotels and Prime Hotels & Resorts will continue to award Prime Rewards member stays with points and miles according to the existing program guidelines.

Beginning April 1, 2005, Prime Rewards members (including all Platinum, Gold and Silver members) will no longer be able to earn Prime Rewards points for free hotel night stays at any of the hotels named above.

Beginning April 1, 2005, Prime Rewards members may continue to earn airline miles at Wellesley hotels and Prime Hotels and Resorts, to be applied to their choice of Prime Rewards' airline partners. Members who have not selected an airline partner may do so through this web site or by calling Prime Rewards Customer Service toll free at 800-982-6374.

Current Prime Rewards members may continue to redeem points earned for hotel night stays at participating Wellesley hotels, Prime Hotels & Resorts and AmeriSuites until June 30, 2005. Redemption stays must be completed by June 30, 2005. All points earned for hotel night stays that are not used by June 30, 2005 will be forfeited.

Beginning April 1, 2005 AmeriSuites will become part of Hyatt's Gold Passport program. The details of the Gold Passport awards program at AmeriSuites hotels are still under development and more information will be communicated to Prime Rewards members in the near future. Hyatt will arrange for Prime Rewards members to enroll conveniently in the Hyatt Gold Passport program before April 1, 2005.

Beginning July 1, 2005, Hyatt Gold Passport members will be able to redeem Hyatt Gold Passport points for free stays at AmeriSuites hotels.

All points accrual, redemption and related activities in the Prime Rewards and Hyatt Gold Passport programs are subject to the policies of the respective program(s), except as specified above. For questions, call the toll free Prime Rewards Customer Service hotline at 800-982-6374 or e-mail [email protected]."

Last edited by flyzabit; Jan 31, 2005 at 11:58 pm Reason: clarification
Old Oct 21, 2018, 5:40 pm
formerly Will Stonehocker

13/14 years later...and Hyatt Place is as awesome as ever. I stayed at the Greensboro location all the time when I was a little kid-Amerisuites may've been taken by Hyatt around 2004-2005, but the last locations didn't complete coversion until 2009. So R.I.P. Amerisuites, 1985-2009. And Hawthorn is now owned by Wyndham. Just wanted to throw it out there.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 6:43 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

I’ll lock this thread since it was bumped for no new information.

peteropny - co-mod - hyattt

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.