Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt to Buy AmeriSuites Hotel Chain

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt to Buy AmeriSuites Hotel Chain

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2004, 7:30 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

I would tend to agree that if AmeriSuites properties is included in the GP program fully (not like Hawthorne), the FFN structure would probably change. Hilton is now doing something similar but with a cap of 3 (I believe) on the free nights earned (I don't know enough about the program to say if its just "full" Hilton or all of their brands like Hampton Inn). Perhaps someone who knows the Hilton program better can comment.

Also, I wouldn't worry about AmeriSuites present program since it probably would go away anyways.
Old Dec 10, 2004, 8:10 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by brengaz
This is great news: one of the problems I had with Hyatt, is the relatively small number of properties. This will certainly help, as NJUPINTHEAIR pointed out, with 300 locations.
I thought the deal was only for the 143 Amerisuites locations and not the additional 150 or so Wellesley and Prime Hotels locations that Blackstone owns. There is no mention of Wellesley Suites in any of the press releases so I am sure Hyatt only bought the 143 Amerisuites business. Still approx. 140 or so additional locations is great!

I don't think Primerewards will be rolled into GP since Blackstone will keep this for its Wellesley and Prime locations.

Last edited by christianj; Dec 10, 2004 at 8:16 am
Old Dec 10, 2004, 8:34 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by christianj
I thought the deal was only for the 143 Amerisuites locations and not the additional 150 or so Wellesley and Prime Hotels locations that Blackstone owns. There is no mention of Wellesley Suites in any of the press releases so I am sure Hyatt only bought the 143 Amerisuites business. Still approx. 140 or so additional locations is great!

I don't think Primerewards will be rolled into GP since Blackstone will keep this for its Wellesley and Prime locations.

You are correct. The others are not included in this deal. I am surprised that Blackstone sold Amerisuites since it had seemed that they were assembling a full range of brands for Prime rewards, after all, they just bought the entities in August.

Perhaps they are selling everything and getting out of the business, or they bought it with every intention of flipping it, but Prime Rewards will likely not be incorporated into GP -- I think that points in those accounts will remain, that is why I am flipping mine into E-Bay points!

Now, that said, Hyatt could integrate Wellesly into its lineup but then GP would likely be changed somewhat from what we know. However, if they were going to incoporate a budget brand into its lineup, why not just do it with the Microtel chain that they already own thru USFS. That such an idea has not been announced strikes me that Wellesley will remain part of Prime rewards -- but, what do I know?

Last edited by NJUPINTHEAIR; Dec 10, 2004 at 8:37 am
Old Dec 10, 2004, 9:10 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Upscale? I sure wouldn't consider Amerisuites upscale ... I've never been in a Hawthorne Suites, but my impression was they are more upscale already than Amerisuites.

Today's USA Today said that Hyatt (not the Pritzker Family) owns Hawthorne, if this is the case, I would expect that Amerisuites will be treated the same as Hawthorne in the GP program.
Old Dec 10, 2004, 9:37 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Beckles
Upscale? I sure wouldn't consider Amerisuites upscale ... I've never been in a Hawthorne Suites, but my impression was they are more upscale already than Amerisuites.

Today's USA Today said that Hyatt (not the Pritzker Family) owns Hawthorne, if this is the case, I would expect that Amerisuites will be treated the same as Hawthorne in the GP program.
Hawthorn suites are certainly not upscale.

This would not be the first time a newspaper was incorrect. I would go by what the press release seems to indicate. By the way, there is far more in it than I have published for copyright reasons. It also goes onto to explain how the new entity to govern Hyatt will be created.
Old Dec 10, 2004, 9:41 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
Hawthorn suites are certainly not upscale.
That is an understatement.

I have stayed at only one Hawthorn Suites, and that was the one near SeaWorld in Orlando.

After one night there, I wondered why Hyatt would even want to be associated with Hawthorn Suites, unless the SeaWorld property is not indicative of the rest of the Hawthorn Suites chain...
Old Dec 10, 2004, 1:38 pm
Suspended

Very interesting article on this purchase and what it may mean for Hyatt:

http://www.businessweek.com/bwdaily/...0663_db016.htm

Its highlights of course, include the speculation that Hyatt will be taken private, but also, by doing this, there is the assumption that enough $$ will be raised to perhaps end the family infighting.

In addition, the Amerisuites deal may also include some Prime hotels, as well, and if true, we may be seeing some new Hyatt hotels in the future!!

Last edited by NJUPINTHEAIR; Dec 10, 2004 at 1:42 pm
Old Dec 11, 2004, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by gregorygrady
Can we say buh-bye FFN? I seriously doubt Hyatt will continue to offer stay 2 nights at any Hyatt property and get 1 night free once Amerisuites is part of Hyatt. Amerisuites 300 properties would triple the amount of free FFN nights that GP would have to give out (and 3 times as many people trying to book their FFN at Hyatt Kauai/Maui). That and I'd assume Amerisuites are much cheaper than Hyatts on average (although I've never stayed at an Amerisuites and unfortunately the Amerisuites reservation page is down now so I can't check rates).
This is a good point, even when the additional properties are "only" about 143. My hope is that GP will keep the FFN rules at 2 nights, thus driving GP loyalists to explore the new properties. Indeed Amerisuites are likely to be cheaper, but until Feb 2005, Priceline, Expedia and FFNs still counted as stays (with small purchase) for more FFNs. So, hopefully, GP will take the revenue from Amerisuites as eligible stays, and keep FFN requirements to 2 eligible nights, as recently announced.

Last edited by brengaz; Dec 11, 2004 at 10:49 am
Old Dec 11, 2004, 10:44 am

Duplicate - Browser crashed

Last edited by brengaz; Dec 11, 2004 at 10:47 am
Old Dec 15, 2004, 6:03 am

Originally Posted by snorkmaster
FWIW, I would recommend signing up for Amerisuites' "Prime Rewards" program, even if you're not planning on staying there until the deal is finalized -- apparently you get 2,500 points when you enroll.

http://www.prime-rewards.com/

While I think it's unlikely that those points would transfer to GP (since other properties participate in the program), you never know what might happen, and it never hurts to try.

In the 90s, I signed for Reno Air's FF program after hearing of AA's purchase, and the sign-up bonus was transferred to my AA account.
A bit OT, apologies for that. Snorkmaster, both mr. honu and I enrolled a few days ago and signed up for the newsletter, but we haven't received any points. Do you know how long they take to post them?
Old Jan 1, 2005, 6:45 pm

Originally Posted by honu
A bit OT, apologies for that. Snorkmaster, both mr. honu and I enrolled a few days ago and signed up for the newsletter, but we haven't received any points. Do you know how long they take to post them?
Have you received your bonus points yet?
Old Jan 3, 2005, 6:59 am

Thanks for checking back. Nope, we haven't received anything, not even a newsletter... I used good email addresses too, so I'm not sure how long I should wait.
Old Jan 12, 2005, 7:47 pm

Anyone get their bonus points yet? Anyone??
Old Jan 15, 2005, 1:28 pm

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
The bonus point promom must be gone-no mention of it on the site
Old Jan 15, 2005, 3:43 pm
Original Member

I emailed them and they said 3-4 weeks for e-news bonus points to credit.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.