FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   How to increase the price of a room service item by 118% (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/369386-how-increase-price-room-service-item-118-a.html)

divaof travel Nov 6, 2004 6:37 am

How to increase the price of a room service item by 118%

Menu item (e.g. small piece of pizza for child)- $3.00
Delivery Charge - $2.50
19 % Gratuity 1.05

Total = $6.45 for a $3 slice of pizza.

I am not concerned about paying $6.45 for a piece of pizza via room service as it is convenient, but:

1) I pay 19% gratuity even if it takes 45 minutes or longer (which it often does)
2) I pay the 19% gratuity on the delivery charge as well.

I know it is trivial, but it peeves me.

I also object to the gratuity on an inflated room service dinner that takes an hour to arrive. (I know it isn't the server's fault, which is why I never actually complain about it.)

dingo Nov 6, 2004 9:57 am

And you run the risk that it is cold or otherwise not prepared the way you'd like.

Any more I go to the restaurant and get it to go. Saves the tip, save the delivery charge and gives me a chance to have a cocktail.

SEA_Tigger Nov 6, 2004 12:29 pm

One thing I like about Hyatt Room Service is they are speed-demons. I swear I'm hanging up the phone from placing my order and they're knocking on my door.

I find I do room service much more nowadays (even as a leisure traveller) because it's faster then the restaurant. If I want a nice sit-down multi-course dinner, I will do the restaurant, but usually it's early morning or after a full day of museum-hopping and I just want to watch a DVD or surf FlyerTalk. :)

divaof travel Nov 7, 2004 4:40 am

Originally Posted by SEA_Tigger
One thing I like about Hyatt Room Service is they are speed-demons. I swear I'm hanging up the phone from placing my order and they're knocking on my door.

You must be visiting different locations than I am. Most of my travel is along the east coast these days, and I can't recall a time this year where it took less than 30 minutes. Even the estimates of delivery time have increased from 30 minutes to 35 or 40 minutes.

I think I will just start complaining more when it takes longer than the estimate (as it usually does.) I will likely get the meal for free.

dingo Nov 7, 2004 7:55 am

I've had to wait 30 minutes for a salad before. I think the quickest it has been was 20 minutes for ice cream and water.

SEA_Tigger Nov 7, 2004 10:07 am

[QUOTE=divaof travel]You must be visiting different locations than I am.[QUOTE]

Could be. Might be when I order, as well (I usually order breakfast around 6am and dinner around 8-9pm and almost always on weekends). But Grand Hyatt Seattle, Grand Hyatt Washington, Crystal City Hyatt, Baltimore Hyatt, and Bellevue Hyatt were all usually within fifteen minutes.