Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Merida REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency Merida REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2016, 7:54 am
Formerly known as pmclean

Can anyone comment on the club lounge and what is offered? Free beverages? And what were the food offerings?
Old Sep 21, 2016, 7:16 am

Programs: Lifetime Marriott Platinum,AA Lifetime Gold,Hyatt SPG Platinum,UAL Lifetime Platinum,
I was there late April for a week,the food was very good with a good selection excellent margaritas and most of the mexican beers you would expect. Breakfast was average but good. Very good service with friendly staff.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 12:41 pm
Formerly known as pmclean

Originally Posted by verstein
I was there late April for a week,the food was very good with a good selection excellent margaritas and most of the mexican beers you would expect. Breakfast was average but good. Very good service with friendly staff.
Are the beverages complimentary in the Lounge? I'd also love to hear what types of food.... this would help us plan our day. Thanks!
Old Jan 23, 2017, 8:00 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat
out of date

Last edited by Katlor; Apr 7, 2017 at 8:22 am Reason: out of date
Old Feb 2, 2018, 10:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Any recent visits/reviews?

Andy recent visits/reviews at this property, including the club level and lounge if possible?

Thanks for any information.
Old Feb 2, 2018, 10:28 pm

Hyatt Merida is a good option in Merida. It is usually priced sub $100 a night, and for that you get all the services of a professional business hotel. The rooms aren't much to write home about (they are plain and pretty simple) but they are pretty clean and the bathrooms are fine. The lounge is good-- better than a domestic U.S. Hyatt lounge, but not as good as the very extensive Mexico City Hyatt lounge. The lounge has breakfast with some pretty good eggs and toast and some meats and cheeses and fruit. Fresh juice too. Evening snacks are simple but filling and tasty and they have free wine and beer.

The pool is nice and has a big deck where you can hang out. The best thing about the hotel by far though is the buffet lunch and dinner at the main restaurant on the first floor of the hotel. The food is so fresh and delicious-- way better than you'd expect for a buffet.

All in all I doubt you can do much better in Merida unless you're going to the SPG property which is usually much more expensive.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 9:01 am

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by Katlor
The best thing about the hotel by far though is the buffet lunch and dinner at the main restaurant on the first floor of the hotel. The food is so fresh and delicious-- way better than you'd expect for a buffet..
Do you recall how much the dinner buffet costs?
Old Feb 16, 2018, 9:53 am

Originally Posted by Richard1148
Do you recall how much the dinner buffet costs?
It depends on what currency you are converting but the lunch buffet is very reasonable at around $12-15 and the Sunday brunch is more expensive but still under $20 I think (based on conversion of pesos to dollars, keep in mind the conversion rate changes). I don't recall the difference between lunch and dinner prices but based on the overall reasonableness of the restaurant's pricing it can't be much more.
Old Feb 16, 2018, 1:27 pm

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Thanks Katlor. I'll certainly give it a try.
Old Feb 24, 2018, 9:31 pm

Programs: UA MM/1K, SPG Lifetime Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, Natl Exec Elite
Thanks Katlor. I'll certainly give it a try.
Hope you share your experience with us when you get back!
Old Feb 25, 2018, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by SportsTech
Hope you share your experience with us when you get back!
Will do, but you'll have to wait a while for the post. I'm not going until May.
Old Feb 26, 2018, 10:02 am

Programs: UA MM/1K, SPG Lifetime Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, HH Gold, Natl Exec Elite
... you'll have to wait a while for the post. I'm not going until May.
It's ok: I'm planning a New Year's Eve trip to Merida
Old May 7, 2018, 2:41 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriot Gold
Any new reviews here. I posted over on the IHG board but I think we are leaning heavily into booking a club level room here for the lounge (and cuz its the only king left on points LOL) and wanted to see any recent reviews or thoughts.
Old May 7, 2018, 10:38 pm

Programs: DL DM, 1MM AA PLT 2MM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, and...Smiles Diamante
I remember days gone by when I would only stay at the Hyatt.

After visiting Merida a dozen times or so, I think I've broken the habit in favor of staying a bit closer in to the center at any number of rental houses for not much more.

As an example, I stayed at one on remixto last time and thought it was lovely, but many other fine options abound:

As much as I have a sentimental attraction to the Hyatt (and the breakfast buffet, especially in the past), I think there are many, many more options that are pleasant and better located.
Old May 8, 2018, 11:09 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by snorkmaster
I remember days gone by when I would only stay at the Hyatt.

After visiting Merida a dozen times or so, I think I've broken the habit in favor of staying a bit closer in to the center at any number of rental houses for not much more.

As an example, I stayed at one on remixto last time and thought it was lovely, but many other fine options abound:

As much as I have a sentimental attraction to the Hyatt (and the breakfast buffet, especially in the past), I think there are many, many more options that are pleasant and better located.
House rentals are hit-or-miss almost everywhere. No way I'd roll the dice on that vs. a hotel for what appears to be a short-term stay, and I certainly wouldn't pay more than a hotel to do so. The bus from the Hyatt to centro is 7 or 8 pesos and takes maybe 5 minutes; an Uber or taxi might be $2. And once you've spent a few hours in centro to see the cathedral, etc., some people might very well prefer the Paseo Montejo area that's a block away from the Hyatt.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.