Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Zurich REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Park Hyatt Zurich REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Dec 1, 2009, 1:13 pm
Suspended

Suite upgrade with points

To what kind of suite do the usually upgrade?

Park Suite King
or
Park Executive Suite King

Would prefer the latter!
Old Jan 22, 2010, 2:37 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
I'm planning a 3 night FFN stay here at the end of March - rates seem to be 640 euro/ night on the days I've checked.

I've read some contrasting points in this thread so I would appreciate some clarification. As a diamond, it's clear that breakfast is comped but internet is only comped if you get upgraded to the 6th floor (an exec room?). And what if all the exec floor is full? Did no one get upgraded to the deluxe king? Do they definitely upgrade all diamonds to exec rooms?
Old Jan 22, 2010, 4:03 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by crystak
As a diamond, it's clear that breakfast is comped but internet is only comped if you get upgraded to the 6th floor (an exec room?).
I suspect that you have read pre April 2009 reviews, when Hyatt did not offer internet for free to diamonds. I would expect this hotel to be fully compliant with the current Hyatt benefits.
Old Jan 22, 2010, 7:05 pm

Programs: BA*G, UA1K, SPG-P, HH-G, GP-D, IC-RA
Internet will be free for diamonds whatever room you get. I was there last NOV on FFN stay.
Old Jan 22, 2010, 10:06 pm

Yes internet is free ( we used several connections, each connection would be charged separately, but was adjusted off the bill before it was printed). Breakfast buffet is free, or you can order it through room service (up to 49CHF pp).

What a wonderful hotel this is! You feel like home.

Last edited by LilZeppelin; Jan 24, 2010 at 8:46 am
Old Jan 23, 2010, 3:36 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by LilZeppelin
What a wonderful hotel this is! You feel like home.

That's good news about the internet and I'm sure the hotel is great, like all the other park hyatts!
Old Jan 23, 2010, 7:15 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by crystak
I'm planning a 3 night FFN stay here at the end of March - rates seem to be 640 euro/ night on the days I've checked.

I've read some contrasting points in this thread so I would appreciate some clarification. As a diamond, it's clear that breakfast is comped but internet is only comped if you get upgraded to the 6th floor (an exec room?). And what if all the exec floor is full? Did no one get upgraded to the deluxe king? Do they definitely upgrade all diamonds to exec rooms?
Are you a member of Hyatt or not? If you are, you should know that Plat and Diam get always free Internet at Hyatt's @:-)
Old Jan 23, 2010, 2:39 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plt
PH Zurich has truly been fantastic both times I've stayed but (there's always a "but") if you have any problems with smoke, you might think twice about staying here. During my last stay over New Years, the entire downstairs/lobby area was filled with a thick cloud of smoke - the hotel is not smoke free and the smoke escaping from the lounge seems to be everywhere.
Old Jan 24, 2010, 8:57 am

Originally Posted by thegrailer
if you have any problems with smoke
, then you might need to think twice about going to Switzerland. All their bars are full of smoke, even though restaurants have separate sections, people can smoke in them too. There was never a problem during our stay there, although we did notice their Onyx bar being full of smoke. Not sure about the restaurant, but we had some great food delivered to the room, where we could enjoy it with great Swiss wine. The room service was served on a wheeled-in table, the food was delicious and really competitively priced compared to city's dining options. While the room itself was not especially big, it was nicely designed, seemed spacious, and was pretty comfy. Their hallways are really wide and spacious too and add to the residential feeling. The breakfast was pretty nice, with whole-wheat croissants being just the right thing in the morning! Oh, and complimentary morning coffee delivered to the room is not bad either!
Old Jan 25, 2010, 8:27 am

Programs: AA Ex Plt
Originally Posted by LilZeppelin
, then you might need to think twice about going to Switzerland.
Absolutely. I have never seen so many smokers before.

^^ on the morning coffee
Old Jan 25, 2010, 10:00 am

Does anyone have favorite restaurants within a couple blocks of the hotel? Fondue? raclette?
Old Jan 30, 2010, 10:04 pm

Programs: RVT 1K
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Does anyone have favorite restaurants within a couple blocks of the hotel? Fondue? raclette?
+1, would love to hear any recommendations....especially for solo dining!! Is the Parkhaus ok when going solo? I have a 4 night stay here coming up soon and have never been to ZRH!
Old Jan 31, 2010, 12:16 am

We were recommended the Sternen Grill; Theaterstrasse 22, Bellevue, 8001 Zurich; 044 251 49 49; www.vorderer-sternen.ch <http://www.vorderer-sternen.ch> which is a bit more than 2 blocks, but certainly walkable in a few minutes. There is an indoor section (2 or 3 floors and some terrace table) where it is a normal restaurant. Then there is a fast food type of extension where people just buy bratwursts and sit down with a beer. We tried the former. Would not say it was stellar but was alright.

Nearby is the Odeon, which we were told used to be a cafe/bar for intellectuals.

For fondue, we tried la dezaley - http://le-dezaley.ch/ is walkable but please make sure you get clear instructions as the entrance is slightly obscure. We told it is considered one of the best in Zurich. We are cheese and fondue fanatics. We find the fondue here good, but not the best from experience.

Happy eating!
Old Feb 2, 2010, 12:02 am

Originally Posted by RS250Racer
Is the Parkhaus ok when going solo?
I ate at the Parkhaus solo, and was perfectly comfortable doing so. Food was excellent. It has a 2 and 3 course meal for lunch, with 3 or 4 choices for each course. The menu had some very interesting vegetable choices which would have made a very affordable meal. I intended to return on Saturday for lunch, but discovered the restaurant is only open on Saturdays in the evening. It is closed all day Sunday. By the way, a small bottle of Evian cost 10 CHF.

The hotel has an employee canteen that is open to the public. It is called Cafe Z. You enter it from the opposite side of the hotel that is the primary guest entrance. You can eat there, or take the food to your room. It is an affordable choice, with food by the same chef as Parkhaus.

My Hyatt checks were accepted. It's fortunate I turned them in a day early, as the night manager was the person knowledgeable with them. I was given 99 CHF for $100 of them. The bank exchange that day was 106 CHF.

Boarding cards can be printed out in the business center behind the front desk.
Old Feb 2, 2010, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
It's fortunate I turned them in a day early, as the night manager was the person knowledgeable with them.
LilZeppelin "pats himself on the back"

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.