Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt Zurich REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Park Hyatt Zurich REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2009, 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by gorgi_flyer
That being said, im wondering if anyone got charged a 5 CHF city tax on award stay as i was and its more of an annoyance than anything but the property was really nice and amongst the upper tier of quality hotels i have stayed at this year.
FWIW, I too was charged the 2.50 CHF per person per day city tax on my award stay. Oh well, I guess its a small price to pay to stay at a great hotel for free. ^
Old Oct 25, 2009, 5:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by gregorygrady
FWIW, I too was charged the 2.50 CHF per person per day city tax on my award stay. Oh well, I guess its a small price to pay to stay at a great hotel for free. ^
I just booked two nights at the end of January as one of my FFN awards and the rate for each night on the regular booking window showed as 750 CHF for a Park King room. In all my decades of travel I have never had a rate as high as that for a non-suite! I suppose I can live with paying 5 CHF out of pocket...
Old Oct 25, 2009, 5:38 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plt
Originally Posted by ORDPLATAA
What were your thoughts of the hotel?
I need to pay more attention to some of these threads

I thought the hotel and service were both great. I am a Hilton Diamond and don't spend much time in Hyatts (until the FFN promo) so I can't really compare it to other properties. However, the PH Zurich was much nicer than the Conrads I've stayed in - hope to spend some of my free nights at this hotel.

Also - 2.50 each tax - best 5 CHF I spent!
Old Oct 25, 2009, 11:09 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist, SQ PPS Solitaire
Originally Posted by thegrailer
I need to pay more attention to some of these threads

I thought the hotel and service were both great. I am a Hilton Diamond and don't spend much time in Hyatts (until the FFN promo) so I can't really compare it to other properties. However, the PH Zurich was much nicer than the Conrads I've stayed in - hope to spend some of my free nights at this hotel.

Also - 2.50 each tax - best 5 CHF I spent!
Hyatts outside of the US are usually very good - that holds water for Park Hyatts as well as Grand Hyatts. Keep discovering :-)
Old Oct 26, 2009, 10:32 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Originally Posted by Shareholder
I just booked two nights at the end of January as one of my FFN awards and the rate for each night on the regular booking window showed as 750 CHF for a Park King room. In all my decades of travel I have never had a rate as high as that for a non-suite! I suppose I can live with paying 5 CHF out of pocket...
I just booked two nights at the PH Vendome using Big Welcome/FFN - rate for a Park Queen is 560eur - 850CHF !
Old Oct 26, 2009, 8:03 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by PhillyPhlyer40
Do they offer comp limo for suite bookings? I have booked a suite for July-and would love car service to/from the airport!
No, they don't @:-)
Old Nov 15, 2009, 11:07 pm

Programs: BA*G, UA1K, SPG-P, HH-G, GP-D, IC-RA
Originally Posted by ORDPLATAA
Convenient to #7 Tram (1 block south of the Stockerstrasse stop)
Trams #6 and #13 also go to Stockerstrasse from the main railway station. You can buy a thru ticket from the airport to Stockerstrasse for CHF6.20 one way. The hotel is only a couple of min walk from the tram stop. Spa was closed for renovation when I was there last week.
Old Nov 19, 2009, 1:17 am

Originally Posted by nissan motor
No, they don't @:-)
Yet you could ask the concierge to arrange limousine pick up for you. Though I have to say that by taxi or train/taxi it is swift and effortless as well.

Special hotel in a great city.
Old Nov 30, 2009, 10:51 am
Suspended

Question Breakfast Park Hyatt Zurich

Is the breakfast included if I upgradfe to a suite using points?
If not, how much is it?
Old Nov 30, 2009, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Don't think so unless you're a Diamond. As for the cost, what's the price of gold this morning? IIRC reports on the stay thread indicate it runs in the Euro25 range.
Old Nov 30, 2009, 11:07 am
Suspended

To answer my own question:
Yes, ist a whee bit expensive, CHF 43,00 without eggs, CHF 47,00 incl. eggs
Old Nov 30, 2009, 11:30 am
pdb
Original Poster

IMHO, the PH Zurich offers one of the most appetizing breakfasts throughout the entire Hyatt network. Quite an impressive selection of healthy breads, too. Buffet + Menu Item means you will be definitely be sated and satisfied. (It's a real treat to receive this free, as a Diamond.)
Old Nov 30, 2009, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: National Executive Elite, none of the others matter
Originally Posted by SwissCircle
To answer my own question:
Yes, ist a whee bit expensive, CHF 43,00 without eggs, CHF 47,00 incl. eggs
That was the price as of September - again, no cost incurred for a GoldPassport Diamond member but it's indeed a very nice spread.
Old Nov 30, 2009, 1:27 pm
Suspended

Yet, the Baur au Lac offer the buffet for "only" CHF 42,00 incl. eggs!
And its a really nice place to be, esp. in the summer, when the garden is open.
Old Dec 1, 2009, 1:06 am
Suspended

Programs: Everything is refundable
The breakfast buffet is a somehow scaled down version fitting into the overall concept of understated luxury Park Hyatt is known for. You find a great spread of high quality items, however presented more intimately and not as overwhelming as in some Regency's or the Kempinski MUC, where the breakfast buffet is actually a complete full scale brunch.

There is also a Starbuck's 200 metres to your left when you leave the Hotel on the Beethoven street heading to the tram stop.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.