Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency (Woodfield) Schaumburg - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency (Woodfield) Schaumburg - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2015, 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by craigthemif
A lounge closure bonus is tempting, especially when rates are lower than the ORD hotels with a shuttle.

How much does a taxi from ORD cost? Any other public transportation options from the airport?
It would cost $30-40. According to google maps/transit, you can take the blue line and transfer to a bus that stops 3 minutes away from the hotel, but it would take about 45 minutes total.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 10:43 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist UA 1K MM, Delta Diamond
Called the hotel.. Lounge is closed Saturday and Sunday.. Seems open on Friday.. Would I only get the lounge closure bonus if I checked in on Saturday or Sunday, but not on Friday? Thinking it's a great redemption value if so..
Old Oct 7, 2015, 2:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by ryan754
Called the hotel.. Lounge is closed Saturday and Sunday.. Seems open on Friday.. Would I only get the lounge closure bonus if I checked in on Saturday or Sunday, but not on Friday? Thinking it's a great redemption value if so..
I've gotten it checking in on Friday.
Old Oct 7, 2015, 9:28 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist UA 1K MM, Delta Diamond
I'll give it a try... On the subject of the property.. Just checked in today (WED) I was told they no longer offer a Diamond welcome gift? Was a lackluster checkin. Not a big fan of the property, but 5K for a Regency.. Wanted to try it out...
Old Oct 8, 2015, 8:36 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by ryan754
I'll give it a try... On the subject of the property.. Just checked in today (WED) I was told they no longer offer a Diamond welcome gift? Was a lackluster checkin. Not a big fan of the property, but 5K for a Regency.. Wanted to try it out...
No choice of F&B or none at all? If none at all, call GP CS for the 1,000 points + 500 "apology" bonus.

I can see no F&B choice but none at all violates Hyatt's T&Cs.
Old Oct 8, 2015, 12:15 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by peteropny
No choice of F&B or none at all? If none at all, call GP CS for the 1,000 points + 500 "apology" bonus.

I can see no F&B choice but none at all violates Hyatt's T&Cs.
They used to give a brown paper bag with 2 bottles of water and a token for coffee for a short period. Maybe that is what OP meant. This was probably a pilot thing to do. I haven't seen it recently. They also used to do a toy wagon in the summer also.

The Diamond welcome amenity is still intact, I believe.

Maybe it's me, I thought it was weird they took away the foldable stand to place the luggage. I don't remember a time when I haven't used it, otherwise.

It is a very average Hyatt. Breakfast is fine. I love it for the lounge closure bonus. So for 5K points you get 3500 back between lounge closure and the welcome points, so cost a net of 1500. All my all time favorite place for a mattress run.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 5:57 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, UAMP
Originally Posted by thucanhho
They used to give a brown paper bag with 2 bottles of water and a token for coffee for a short period. Maybe that is what OP meant. This was probably a pilot thing to do. I haven't seen it recently. They also used to do a toy wagon in the summer also.

The Diamond welcome amenity is still intact, I believe.

Maybe it's me, I thought it was weird they took away the foldable stand to place the luggage. I don't remember a time when I haven't used it, otherwise.

It is a very average Hyatt. Breakfast is fine. I love it for the lounge closure bonus. So for 5K points you get 3500 back between lounge closure and the welcome points, so cost a net of 1500. All my all time favorite place for a mattress run.
You still get a amenity choice, I think after 11pm or so there isn't an option as the food isn't available.

Considering I have stayed about 10 times this year here only a couple times I haven't been offered, usually by newer staff.

They still give the paper bag with water and a coin for coffee, I think I have 6 or 7 coins. if you book far enough in advance they also have water in room for you.
Old Jan 1, 2016, 7:17 pm

Just checked in this afternoon. This is my first time at a Hyatt as a diamond. Was given the paper bag with waters and coffe coin as mentioned, and was also told that it was the welcome amenity. No choice of points. Also, was told the club was closed (Friday)so I was given breakfast buffets instead, which should have been a given anyways from what I read on HGP Diamond page. No mention of the 2500 closure points. Pretty lame first experience.
Old Jan 1, 2016, 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by wspanic201
Just checked in this afternoon. This is my first time at a Hyatt as a diamond. Was given the paper bag with waters and coffe coin as mentioned, and was also told that it was the welcome amenity. No choice of points. Also, was told the club was closed (Friday)so I was given breakfast buffets instead, which should have been a given anyways from what I read on HGP Diamond page. No mention of the 2500 closure points. Pretty lame first experience.
Incorrect. I stay here often. You will get 1000 pt for welcome amenity and 2500 closure points. Call CS if this is not an issue. I will be there tomorrow to stay and collect.
Old Jan 1, 2016, 9:34 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by thucanhho
Incorrect. I stay here often. You will get 1000 pt for welcome amenity and 2500 closure points. Call CS if this is not an issue. I will be there tomorrow to stay and collect.
I checked in today also, got the 1000 pt diamond amenity and breakfast coupons. Was told that RC is closed permanently as of today, so no more 2500 points here. Also mentioned that hotel changed ownership or management and will be getting some renovations soon. http://hotelexecutive.com/newswire/5...umburg-chicago

I am going to ask for the 2500 points again in the morning upon checkout and then call GP since the hotel features page still shows that they have a regency club.
Old Jan 2, 2016, 6:33 am

Originally Posted by AzLarry
I checked in today also, got the 1000 pt diamond amenity and breakfast coupons. Was told that RC is closed permanently as of today, so no more 2500 points here. Also mentioned that hotel changed ownership or management and will be getting some renovations soon. http://hotelexecutive.com/newswire/5...umburg-chicago

I am going to ask for the 2500 points again in the morning upon checkout and then call GP since the hotel features page still shows that they have a regency club.
I called this morning and confirmed the above. Might have to book a couple stays there as it was always a good place to get a cheap night in.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 3:42 pm

Stayed over the weekend. Got breakfast coupon, appetizer coupon, 1000 welcome amenity, 2500 bonus points.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 5:04 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Diamond

I did ask at checkout and the rep entered the code, no mention of the RC being permanently closed. The 2500 posted to my account today. Not sure now if the RC is really closed permanently or not.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 5:26 pm

I did ask at checkout and the rep entered the code, no mention of the RC being permanently closed. The 2500 posted to my account today. Not sure now if the RC is really closed permanently or not.
Agree. Will check before next stay.
Old Jan 4, 2016, 5:31 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP,MR PP,Hyatt Diam, SPG Plat,PC Plat, HH Gold, National EE
I was told the lounge is permanently closed. Will ask for the 2500 points when I am there this weekend

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.