Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency (Woodfield) Schaumburg - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency (Woodfield) Schaumburg - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2014, 3:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AMEX PLAT, Priority Pass, Admirals Club, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by Andrea Waters
No. It's only for check in Friday or Saturday.

Just stayed here with a check in on a Sunday night and was proactively offered the 2500 points for the Club being closed for the evening.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 10:26 am

Programs: AA EXP, JL JGC, Hyatt Glob
Originally Posted by johnwmaher
Just stayed here with a check in on a Sunday night and was proactively offered the 2500 points for the Club being closed for the evening.
I was also proactively offered 2.5k points for the club being closed for Sunday evening, but open Monday morning for breakfast. I checked in Sunday and checked out Monday as well.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 11:35 pm

Do you still get the 2.5k points if you book on cash+points?

and to clarify -- is it per day? (e.g. for a stay of fri - sun would that be a total of 5k points?)
Old Aug 20, 2014, 7:03 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by VizeL
Do you still get the 2.5k points if you book on cash+points?

and to clarify -- is it per day? (e.g. for a stay of fri - sun would that be a total of 5k points?)
Per stay, not per night. Like welcome amenity, you definitely get it with C&P, MER, and if you choose miles. May even apply to any rate (but I'm not sure) since lounge access is a Diamond benefit and the 2500 is compensation for loss of a benefit.

The best was when I got the 2500pts, breakfast certificates, AND appetizer vouchers for 4 when the lounge was closed for renovation for a $71 stay.
Old Sep 30, 2014, 12:41 pm

Booking with points

Interesting

Last edited by FatCatNak; Oct 6, 2014 at 2:26 pm
Old Dec 21, 2014, 6:40 pm

Programs: UA Gold/0.744MM, WN AL, Hyatt Diamond, MR Scum, Hertz PC, National Exec, Avis PC
Checked in here tonight for a 2 night stay. Was informed I was in an Executive Suite (used a DSU on a MER). Inquired about the recent suite name changes. It appears that like some other properties (I'm looking at you GH Berlin), they have recategorized rooms to make the entry level suite not as nice. FD agent informed me that the old Junior suites are now labeled as Executive Suites and the old Deluxe rooms are now Junior suites. Unclear if they will be giving DSU upgrades to the Exec Suite on a regular basis, or if it is based on relatively low occupancy right now.

Using the Internet Time Machine, I can see that this is true based on the descriptions
http://web.archive.org/web/201310030...ms/deluxe.html
http://web.archive.org/web/201310030...oms/suite.html

After we got up to the room I started noticing that it didn't really match the description I remembered and it was quite clearly an ADA room. After a little bit, I went back down to the desk to figure out what was going on. Front desk confirmed it was an Executive Suite, but was ADA. They gave me a key to another room to see if it was different. The room was radically different, containing the powder room, dining table, door separating the living area from the bedroom, etc. We obviously switched. Grabbed a luggage cart and moved everything in one shot.

I have no idea why they gave us an ADA room in the first place. The hotel seems mostly empty. Club is closed right now and they have confirmed I'll get the closed club bonus. However, they say the facility will be open for self service, they just won't have anyone staffing it. They also gave me breakfast coupons and a free appetizer (to make up for no appetizers in the lounge).

Edit for something really odd:
So the room has an in-room safe like you'd expect. It is on the shelf in the closet. But here's the odd thing. It is not secured to ANYTHING. It is just sitting on the shelf. I could literally pick the thing up and walk out of the room with it without any problems.

Last edited by jasonvr; Dec 22, 2014 at 10:16 am
Old Dec 23, 2014, 10:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT Gold, DL SM, HY Disc, Marriott LT Gold
I had a number of stays there this year to help fulfill promos. Best upgrade was to a two-room suite with a large bar-height table for maybe six. Got a junior suite a couple of times, and no upgrade other than a high floor a couple of times.

For what it is, it's a pretty solid property at a $71 price point, although I've never been shuffled off to the rooms on the 1st and 2nd floors but instead it's always been 4 and 5 for me. Beds are comfortable, breakfast is acceptable (although i wouldn't pay full price for it).

One time I knew I was going to leave very early in the morning and cashed out the two breakfast vouchers at the coffee place when I got back from dinner. The lady there insisted on loading me up with about six different things to take back to the room. I had to go put them in my car right away so I wouldn't be tempted to snack on them all evening. So YMMV, but for those who don't want a sit down breakfast, it may be an option.
Old Jan 25, 2015, 11:19 am
R7U

Programs: TK Elite; HH Diamond; AA Plat; CC Gold
Is the club lounge open for Friday night?
Old Jan 25, 2015, 11:31 am
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP,MR PP,Hyatt Diam, SPG Plat,PC Plat, HH Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by R7U
Is the club lounge open for Friday night?
Nope. Closed until Mon morning
Old Jun 8, 2015, 9:38 pm

Programs: WN A-List, AA EXP, Hyatt Top Tier (definitely NOT a Globalist), National Exec Elite
Not sure what the standard allocation of ADA rooms is at Hyatt properties but here it must be tremendous as I am ALWAYS assigned one. Like 9/10 times.

For fun I used an expiring DSU once and got a great spacious suite that was probably 1000 sq ft. I was here 4 nights so figured it was a good value.

Asked for it again, was told it was booked, back to my standard ADA room

There is nothing wrong with the hotel, per se, outside of the physical structure being a bit dated. Close to good restaurants, shopping, freeways. Front desk has always been a bit odd. Have never eaten here (outside of RC) as too many other good options.

I would stay here again over Lisle and probably any HH or HP. But as they say, that is faint praise...
Old Jun 13, 2015, 4:29 pm

Programs: Priority Club Plat
any experiences with this place in comparisson to the other 2 Hyatt's in the area ?
It seems like by the mall there are 2 others, a hyatt house and hyatt place.
They all seem super close together and all are just 5K points a night last I checked. So given that is there any significant difference between the three ? They all seem like they are walking distance to woodfield mall.
Old Jun 13, 2015, 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by darkhunter
any experiences with this place in comparisson to the other 2 Hyatt's in the area ?
It seems like by the mall there are 2 others, a hyatt house and hyatt place.
They all seem super close together and all are just 5K points a night last I checked. So given that is there any significant difference between the three ? They all seem like they are walking distance to woodfield mall.
The difference is the brand. I don't stay at Hyatt House or Hyatt Place hotels in general because I don't like them. I'm diamond, so I would much prefer to have a lounge or the restaurant breakfast on weekends. I am also VERY ashamed to admit that I like the bags of Skittles other full size candy bars in the lounge at the Hyatt Regency. In general, there are fewer families at Hyatt Regency and that appeals to me. I've stayed at all three. They're all blah just by virtu of being in Schaumburg.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 12:19 am

Programs: (Spire Ambassador)(Diamond-HH/Hyatt)(Plat MR, SPG, Delta)(National Exec/Hertz 5*)
Originally Posted by Hot Pocket
Not sure what the standard allocation of ADA rooms is at Hyatt properties but here it must be tremendous as I am ALWAYS assigned one. Like 9/10 times.

For fun I used an expiring DSU once and got a great spacious suite that was probably 1000 sq ft. I was here 4 nights so figured it was a good value.

Asked for it again, was told it was booked, back to my standard ADA room

There is nothing wrong with the hotel, per se, outside of the physical structure being a bit dated. Close to good restaurants, shopping, freeways. Front desk has always been a bit odd. Have never eaten here (outside of RC) as too many other good options.

I would stay here again over Lisle and probably any HH or HP. But as they say, that is faint praise...

Do you know if the suite had a rain shower in it? I am going to burn up a DSU since I usually let all of mine expire in the next upcoming weeks and this is something I realized some of the newer Hyatt hotels have in the city and at O'Hare.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 9:09 pm

Originally Posted by tyler45150
Do you know if the suite had a rain shower in it? I am going to burn up a DSU since I usually let all of mine expire in the next upcoming weeks and this is something I realized some of the newer Hyatt hotels have in the city and at O'Hare.
This is my go-to hotel for mattress runs and I've been upgraded to the large suite several times. I don't recall a rain shower, but the large bathroom has a very deep tub and a separate shower.
Old Sep 11, 2015, 9:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
A lounge closure bonus is tempting, especially when rates are lower than the ORD hotels with a shuttle.

How much does a taxi from ORD cost? Any other public transportation options from the airport?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.