Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency (Woodfield) Schaumburg - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt Regency (Woodfield) Schaumburg - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2011, 4:48 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by ENIAC
The hotel really isn't too bad, as low end suburban Hyatts go.

There was a fairly recent renovation. The staff are friendly, everything is clean and the location is good for shopping. The lobby and restaurant now look quite smart. There's a decent sized indoor pool and another mostly outdoor one that's presumably open when its warmer. They offer breakfast coupons, an internet code, and a 2pm checkout without having to ask. The breakfast is an unremarkable buffet. Shuttle service. It's true that the heating seems hard to regulate.

The only upgrade they seem to have for me is a "deluxe" corner room on the top floor, with a big sofa and a fridge, but I think that's just the floor plan rather than a dislike of Diamonds.

I'd rank it above Deerfield and Lisle, below O'Hare, and about even with Rosemont (it has a pool, which Rosemont doesn't, but is otherwise inferior). Unlike O'Hare the parking is free.

For the right price, about $45 in a 48 hour sale, I've got no complaints. And I would take this over ANY Hyatt Place.
Same thoughts from my perspective too. Even at $70-$85/night, the property is sufficient for my purposes, but then that's getting into the range where I start having better options.

The property is as good with Diamond upgrades as is possible, but other than rooms facing the check-in area, there isn't usually much of anything in the way to upgrade to on weekends that isn't often sold as part of event packages. The Diamond benefits are rather consistently delivered, so no complaints about that from me.
Old Jun 18, 2011, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Recent stay: 06/13/11 - 06/15/11 (Mon.-Wed.)

No Regency Club.

No suite upgrade - front desk indicated/claimed full house.

Corporate rate of $129/weeknight - nothing available similar to the $70-$85 previously recently listed in this thread.

After seeing the Renaissance in the distance, was a little underwhelmed at the external appearance of this Hyatt. Lobby atrium is full building height (5 stories).

Room arranged in rings around the 4 internal courtyards or the lobby atrium. My room had a view out to one of the open courtyards - which was nice because of the access to sunlight but bad because the window leaked when it rained over a period.

Received breakfast coupons for the buffet for both mornings. Decent selection. Had an appetizer and dessert on the first night there. Again, decent fare.

Open air parking in back is free but when it rains (or when it snows), you've got no protection from the elements.

David
Old Jul 24, 2011, 12:45 pm

Programs: HHonors Gold, UAMP
Just had a stay here, I guess I technically don't "checkout" until Monday.

I got a rate of $80.10 (AAA) for Fri/Sat/Sun, didn't seem overly full although there was quite a bit happening.

When I checked in it was pretty quick and easy although the guy at Checkin was a little confused since he looked around for premade breakfast certs and things , only to ask when I made the reservation. I had made this about 2hours before I arrived, so he then realized there shouldn't be any.

My room was on the 5th floor inner corner room. I had a view of the outdoor atrium. It was directly across from an electral/maint room and had a hallway on the other side, with only 1 room directly next to me. All was quiet, I am a light sleeper but never woke up from anyone in the night.

My biggest disappointment was that the room had a shower only and the bathroom was quite small. With the amount of open space in the room I would have loved a big bathroom.

I am not sure about others but the windows seemed fine to me, there was a big rain storm Friday night, even waking me up from rain hitting the window. I belive ORD hit a 24hour record of 8" of rain. Needless to say I didn't see any leaks or anything.

I do belive some of the building leaked as they were running pumps outside over the first floor as its like a minimoat around the building. It had also seemed in one the conference rooms was a little flooded (wet/dry vacs and such).

Otherwise good weekend shopping location with Woodfield directly across and a plaza mall just down the block and you do not have to cross Golf Rd.

Breakfast was good, as a diamond I was given certs, I could have gotten the buffet or 1 item from the menu, took the buffet. There was a nice selection of foods to choose from along with an omlet station. Not sure what the regular price was.
Old Jul 24, 2011, 4:26 pm

Programs: UA GM/Hyatt Diamond/SPG Gold/HI Plat/HHonor Gold/Delta GM
New mangement

In a recent (july 11, 2011) Daily Herald Business Ledger article, this hotel is now under new ownership and the VP operation, Jim Gould, has resigned also. The new management is Pyramid Hotel Advisors.

I have never received suite type upgrade in my over a dozen stay at this hotel. Hopefully we will see better treatment for Diamond.

Last edited by ORDLEO; Jul 24, 2011 at 8:48 pm
Old Aug 19, 2011, 7:12 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
Will now be spending a good bit of time in Chicago, so have been trying out Hyatt's to determine where I will stay on a regular basis.

Previous post mentioned new management, which certainly explains the number of men in suits greeting guests in the lobby each day of my stay! Compared to previous posts, my stay also appeared to be better - so perhaps new management made the difference.

Check-in quick and pleasant, diamond status recognized. Definately an upgrade, but not sure what I would call it- a mini suite? Small balcony with seating area. 2 TV's, one in each "room". I liked it- but a couple oddities - the smallest bath I think I have ever seen in a hotel, only a chair when there was certainly room for a sofa, and a refrig stuck in the middle of the bedroom.
But quiet and nice enough.

No lounge, coupons for breakfast. Above average buffet with an omelette station. Lots of servers, pouring really, really, really strong coffee. (from one who loves coffee)

Also had lunch, dinner, and meeting food here. Some different choices, and way above average. (pan seared scallops with jicama slaw and citrus sauce? In a parking lot hotel?) Dinner waiter was very knowledgeable about the menu, and made some excellent recommendations. Poached pear centered in almond cake with vanilla ice cream....who knew?

Courtyard pool and hot tub. Seemed pleasant. All service was friendly and professional.

Mall, tons of restaurants, Fed Ex Office all in the area. Hotel has an Avis desk.
For the grillmasters among you, there is a huge Weber store right around the corner.
Old Mar 8, 2012, 7:09 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, Hyatt Platinum
This hotel has now added a Club. Fairly standard, but still, an asset to the hotel, and if it is important to you, sets it ahead of Lisle, Rosemont, and Deerfield.

Interestingly enough, I still received (Diamond) breakfast certificates...
Old Mar 12, 2012, 10:52 pm

Programs: Don't you know who I am????
Originally Posted by sophiegirl
This hotel has now added a Club. Fairly standard, but still, an asset to the hotel, and if it is important to you, sets it ahead of Lisle, Rosemont, and Deerfield.

Interestingly enough, I still received (Diamond) breakfast certificates...
Agreed, the club is a recent addition. Club room is fine, staff was very accomodating. Evening was hot finger foods and a really pretty well presented crudités. I didn't have anything from the honor bar, but two tables next to me commented that the honor bar prices were higher than typical. Breakfast was fine as well, though I did not recieve breakfast certificates.

Interesting data point, the lounge staff commented that on the Wednesday evening I was there, 131 guests had lounge access. The property has 459 rooms, and at checkin the FD said their occupancy was light at 60%, or about 275 rooms. Of course it is a bit of a guess as to how many rooms were more than single occupancy and how many were booked with club access (though the club floor I was on was very quiet and on Wednesday at this location I wouldn't expect to see many families).

So guessing high with two guests in every room, the Diamond population had to be at least 25%!

Otherwise, a perfectly fine, and recently remodeled suburban HR.
Old Apr 17, 2012, 2:37 pm

Programs: UA GM/Hyatt Diamond/SPG Gold/HI Plat/HHonor Gold/Delta GM
15% off

Just got an special offer email with new lounge photo and 15% off code. I am very surprised that this hotel actually is going against the trend of closing Regency Club. With so many competitors nearby (specially the Hyatt Place next door), it needs something to standout.

15% advance booking discount code:
SPECIAL OFFER CODE: 7DY15
CORPORATE/ GROUP # 70283

It's always been wise to plan ahead. Now, when you book our Advance Purchase Offer at Hyatt Regency Schaumburg at least seven days in advance, we'll treat you to 15% off the Hyatt Daily Rate. Ask about your own personal slice of paradise in our newly renovated Regency Club, a deluxe lounge on the fifth floor of the hotel overlooking the Outdoor Courtyard. Good things come to those who plan!

Also Mother's day buffet:

Show mom a special way of saying I love you this season with a delectable Mother's Day Brunch at Fresh 1800, May 13th from 10:30am to 3:00pm. Uncover an array of exquisitely prepared dishes, decadent desserts, classic favorites, and more, $38 for adults, $17 for children ages 6 to 12 and complimentary for children 5 and under. Call (847) 517-6917 for reservations.
Old Jul 14, 2012, 5:49 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, United Silver, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Platinum
Now that this property has a lounge, am I entitled to the 2500 points as a diamond for the lounge being closed on the weekends? Thanks.
Old Jul 14, 2012, 7:18 pm
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by JD623
Now that this property has a lounge, am I entitled to the 2500 points as a diamond for the lounge being closed on the weekends? Thanks.
Yes
Old Aug 22, 2012, 7:48 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Basic with all others.
Staying here now!

Staying here now on the 5th floor (club floor) for two nights.

I was beyond impressed with the Regency Club breakfast for the simple fact they have BREAKFAST SANDWICHES. So if you don't like Salmon you can actually eat protien. They are delicious too - way better that the new HP ones. Crissonts with fluffy cheesy eggs and bacon.

They also offer small Yougart parfait shooters and oatmeal packets. A great step up from the sparse offerings before. All the standards are still there.

I will update more after my stay, but I couldn't even contain myself about breakfast.

Holly
Old Oct 19, 2013, 8:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No upgrade, but a basic 5th floor room, breakfast certs at checkin without problems. Nice quiet hotel with a great location close to Woodfield. Weekend rates are $89, making it cheaper than the Hyatt Place next door.
Old Oct 22, 2013, 7:22 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by ScottC
No upgrade, but a basic 5th floor room, breakfast certs at checkin without problems. Nice quiet hotel with a great location close to Woodfield. Weekend rates are $89, making it cheaper than the Hyatt Place next door.
Just stayed 1 night. 5th floor, large entry way with king bed but the bathroom was very small. I love the walk in shower with overhead shower but the bathroom was disproportionately small to the extra large entry by the door.

Overall, room was very nice with new carpet and nice view. From the outside, the hotel looks like an office building but inside it has the Hyatt class. I got access to the Regency Club with my Diamond membership and also a coupon for free breakfast in the lobby.
Old Aug 14, 2014, 12:05 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AMEX PLAT, Priority Pass, Admirals Club, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond
2500 for closed club

Does anybody know if it's possible to claim the 2500 point closed club credit for a checkin on Sunday at this property?
Old Aug 14, 2014, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by johnwmaher
Does anybody know if it's possible to claim the 2500 point closed club credit for a checkin on Sunday at this property?
No. It's only for check in Friday or Saturday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.