Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Beijing REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Beijing REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2017, 9:46 pm

Thumbs up Grand Hyatt Beijing - April 2017

Despite the distasteful World of Hyatt, I booked a three night stay at the Grand Hyatt Beijing.

Check-in:

I asked to check-in at the Grand Club as we arrived at around 0845. Check-in took a few minutes but the staff were very friendly.

I had used a Diamond Suite Upgrade voucher and was very pleased to hear that they had upgraded us (3 of us) to a "Deluxe Two Bedroom Suite".

Grand Club Breakfast:

As we were 3, I didn't try to chance having breakfast at the main restaurant. The Grand Club offering was impressive in terms of breadth and quality anyway so it was satisfying.

Deluxe Two Bedroom Suite:

Grand Club Happy Hour:

The drink selection is decent but no champagne is offered (there was beer including Corona). The food offerings are of good quality and there are a la carte options (separate section below).

Appetisers rotate daily (three pictures below):

Hot dishes rotate daily (four pictures below):

A la carte dishes rotate daily (five pictures below):

Desserts rotate daily (four pictures below):

As it was Easter, we asked at the end of the night to take away one of the edible decorations:

Gym and pool:

Unfortunately I have no photos. The gym is very well-equipped and not very busy. The pool was really good - long and not crowded - in a great setting in the basement. Pictures of the gym and pool can be found here: https://beijing.grand.hyatt.com/en/h...ities/spa.html

Conclusion:

A really excellent stay at the Grand Hyatt Beijing with consistently great staff, particularly at the Grand Club who are efficient and friendly. The extra suite upgrade was particularly appreciated and the Grand Club offering at breakfast and happy hour is very strong.
bigguyinpasadena likes this.

Last edited by Singapore_Air; Aug 31, 2017 at 9:57 pm
Old Sep 5, 2017, 11:58 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Singapore_Air
I had used a Diamond Suite Upgrade voucher and was very pleased to hear that they had upgraded us (3 of us) to a "Deluxe Two Bedroom Suite".
Upcoming stay for 3 of us spanning 5 nights, and I'm hoping for similar. Never expected, but would certainly make the 60 nights this year easier to achieve.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 2:38 pm

Programs: AA EXP, lowly UA 1K; Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold; National EC, Hertz PC
Anyone have thoughts on GH vs PH in Beijing? Prices are comparable on dates I am in town.

Will be in town for three days just seeing the sites, so more care about general hotel/room condition and location and ease to get around/access to metro than breakfasts.

Thank you!
Old Oct 19, 2017, 3:16 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
GH is a beautiful hotel with outstanding service. The subway is located in the shopping mall connected to the hotel. Within walking distance to Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City. I highly recommend it.
bigguyinpasadena likes this.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 4:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, lowly UA 1K; Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold; National EC, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
GH is a beautiful hotel with outstanding service. The subway is located in the shopping mall connected to the hotel. Within walking distance to Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City. I highly recommend it.
Would you take it over the PH?
Old Oct 20, 2017, 7:03 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Originally Posted by adambadam
Would you take it over the PH?
Depends what you're there for. If it's for business in the financial district, then the Park Hyatt. If you're going for pleasure then the Grand Hyatt. They are not very close together. Take a look on Google Maps and you'll see how each one is best situated for business or pleasure. I have never stayed at the PH, but I can tell you that if you are a Globalist you will be treated very well at the GH. The Club is great.
adambadam likes this.
Old Oct 22, 2017, 6:29 am

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Singapore Air - In one of your photos above someone is reaching into the salad with their HANDS instead of using tongs. I hoped you yelled at them loudly to shame them and alerted the staff so they could replace the contaminated salad leaves
Old Nov 29, 2017, 9:11 pm

so globalist's can't have breakfast in the restaurant downstairs?
Old Nov 29, 2017, 9:38 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by yerffej201
so globalist's can't have breakfast in the restaurant downstairs?
You can.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 7:28 pm

Programs: AA XP, BA G, AS 100K, Hyatt G
I just spent one night here during transit for a next day late afternoon trans-pacific flight out of PEK. I read a review that this hotel can be stingy on complimentary bottles of water and indeed there was only one smaller (300mL?) bottle by the side of the bed! I put that on the feedbacks after check out and immediately got a response from the hotel staff that they have noted this preference on my Hyatt profile for my next stay Over-all it was a nice stay. I was upgraded to spacious Jr Suite facing Chang-An ave. The hotel is well situated for visiting WangFuJing. Except that Beijing is brutally hot this time of year so I ended up spending time in the comfortable air-con Mall just under the hotel. The pool at the basement is interesting, definitely not my style of decoration but it was pleasantly empty for my morning swim.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 8:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1MM, Starwood Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by vudoosj
I just spent one night here during transit for a next day late afternoon trans-pacific flight out of PEK. I read a review that this hotel can be stingy on complimentary bottles of water and indeed there was only one smaller (300mL?) bottle by the side of the bed! I put that on the feedbacks after check out and immediately got a response from the hotel staff that they have noted this preference on my Hyatt profile for my next stay Over-all it was a nice stay. I was upgraded to spacious Jr Suite facing Chang-An ave. The hotel is well situated for visiting WangFuJing. Except that Beijing is brutally hot this time of year so I ended up spending time in the comfortable air-con Mall just under the hotel. The pool at the basement is interesting, definitely not my style of decoration but it was pleasantly empty for my morning swim.
You can just call and ask for more water. It's free. Or if you don't want to do that, go take it from the gym.
Old Sep 21, 2018, 9:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by JIMCHI
Depends what you're there for. If it's for business in the financial district, then the Park Hyatt. If you're going for pleasure then the Grand Hyatt. They are not very close together. Take a look on Google Maps and you'll see how each one is best situated for business or pleasure. I have never stayed at the PH, but I can tell you that if you are a Globalist you will be treated very well at the GH. The Club is great.
IMO the PH is better for both business and pleasure because there is more to do nearby in the evenings. Of course all tourists should go to 故宫, but there is no need to stay in the area.
Old Dec 2, 2018, 2:37 pm

Programs: United GS, MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
I'm leaning on staying here with my family of 4 next summer over the PH. We have a confirmed suite upgrade with an adjoining room at the PH, but I think we might be better off at the GH with 2 separate rooms based on location.

Since I am a globalist, will all four of my family members be able to use the club for breakfast and evening snacks, or only me?
Old Dec 2, 2018, 8:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Chukiechz
I'm leaning on staying here with my family of 4 next summer over the PH. We have a confirmed suite upgrade with an adjoining room at the PH, but I think we might be better off at the GH with 2 separate rooms based on location.

Since I am a globalist, will all four of my family members be able to use the club for breakfast and evening snacks, or only me?
I don't think the PH will be very suitable for you on a family stay. I'd go for the GH in this case and book both rooms on the same reservation if it allows you to select the proper bed type. The likelihood that the GH is more forthcoming with extending Club benefits to the second room is higher than the PH allowing each person for breakfast at China Grill. Are you planning on booking with cash or can you do a GOH booking for the non status guests using points?
Old Dec 2, 2018, 9:09 pm

Programs: United GS, MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
I don't think the PH will be very suitable for you on a family stay. I'd go for the GH in this case and book both rooms on the same reservation if it allows you to select the proper bed type. The likelihood that the GH is more forthcoming with extending Club benefits to the second room is higher than the PH allowing each person for breakfast at China Grill. Are you planning on booking with cash or can you do a GOH booking for the non status guests using points?
Thanks for the reply on both threads. Both hotels will be entirely on points. Also booking the Hyatt TST in Hong Kong for this trip, and I assume that will be the same situation.

i never considered the GOH. That’s a great idea!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.