Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Beijing REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Grand Hyatt Beijing REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2015, 12:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by bostonpilot
You can just email the general address on the hyatt.com page for the GH Beijing and they will get it to the right person. I've gone that route a few times at the property and have had nothing but success.
...or you can simply call them.
Old May 25, 2015, 9:30 am

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
Great stay at one of the nicest Hyatts I have stayed at. Upon arrival my bags were taken and I was ushered up to the 17th floor. I never dealt with the main desk. Check in was very civilized. My reservation for made in China was confirmed.

Suite was really clean and well furnished.Fresh flowers made a huge impression on me as did the tea,fruit,wine and cookies left as a gift in the room(not a drinker so I have no idea about the quality of the wine)as well as a welcome note.

The bed was a bit firm and I had to call for a softer pillow. But I was exhausted each night so I slept well. The internet speed was terrible-basically making it useless.

Grand lounge was great- a welcoming space to relax in.I loved the tea selections! The staff in the lounge was very nice and provided good service. The Concierge desk was very helpful.

Explored the mall, and the fascinating food court. I did have lunch in one of the restaurants in the mall and it was less than wonderful.

Speaking of disappointing restaurants MADE IN CHINA is not worth bothering with IMO. Service was less than lackluster, presentation of dishes was sloppy, and the tableware is not what you would expect at a restaurant charging these prices. This was my only disappointment with my stay.

I wish I had stayed another night at this fine hotel as my stay was far too short .
Old Jul 29, 2015, 3:10 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
Can anyone recommend a good, but reasonably priced restaurant serving Western food (sit down service), but within about a 10 minute walk of the GH Beijing? There used to be an Outback Steakhouse next to the Beijing Hotel, but I see that closed. It reopened as William Steakhouse, but it appears that too is gone.
Old Jul 29, 2015, 3:19 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by JIMCHI
Can anyone recommend a good, but reasonably priced restaurant serving Western food (sit down service), but within about a 10 minute walk of the GH Beijing? There used to be an Outback Steakhouse next to the Beijing Hotel, but I see that closed. It reopened as William Steakhouse, but it appears that too is gone.
I think there's an Sizzler Steak House next to the St Regis, not that I consider it particularly good. I think there's also a TGI Friday's too.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by nologic
I think there's an Sizzler Steak House next to the St Regis, not that I consider it particularly good. I think there's also a TGI Friday's too.
Thanks. The St. Regis is a 35 minute walk from the Hyatt, so a bit too far away. But I found there is a Sizzler in the Oriental Malls, of which the Hyatt is a part. Wish I could find something in between an expensive dinner and a Sizzler, but close to the hotel.
Old Jul 30, 2015, 11:22 pm

Programs: CX Gold, Krisflyer PPS, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
Wrong Room

Checked in last night in the GH and went up the room. Opened the door, put my card in to switch on the lights and was shocked to see the room was occupied already. Suitcase in the room and clothes on the bed etc. Luckily the person wasn't in the room. Left the room immediately and went to the front desk. Asked for the Duty Manager and told her about what happened. She was very apologetic and was quickly looking at the system to allocate me a new room. She gave me an upgrade to a suite which was a nice gesture. I told her that this is a security and safety issue, which she responded by that she would investigate what happened.

About 45 minutes later she called me in the room and apologized again and explained what the issue was. The check in staff wrote down the wrong number on the key card and entered that number in the machine that activates the card. The machine is not linked with the main computer so there is no check!

Imagine if someone was in the room - me coming in late (possibly drunk) - .......

Anyway ....didn't expected this to happen in a Five Start Hotel!
Old Jul 31, 2015, 12:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by sl00001
Checked in last night in the GH and went up the room. Opened the door, put my card in to switch on the lights and was shocked to see the room was occupied already. Suitcase in the room and clothes on the bed etc. Luckily the person wasn't in the room. Left the room immediately and went to the front desk. Asked for the Duty Manager and told her about what happened. She was very apologetic and was quickly looking at the system to allocate me a new room. She gave me an upgrade to a suite which was a nice gesture. I told her that this is a security and safety issue, which she responded by that she would investigate what happened.

About 45 minutes later she called me in the room and apologized again and explained what the issue was. The check in staff wrote down the wrong number on the key card and entered that number in the machine that activates the card. The machine is not linked with the main computer so there is no check!

Imagine if someone was in the room - me coming in late (possibly drunk) - .......

Anyway ....didn't expected this to happen in a Five Start Hotel!
Shocking really. It does happen though. I've had room service leave my door open (at another Asian Hyatt) and guests took three steps in and then got a measured response from me. Was not a happy camper at 9am Sunday morning.
Old Jul 31, 2015, 3:16 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by sl00001
didn't expected this to happen in a Five Start Hotel!
Nothing to prevent human error.... suite upgrade seems like a decent apology though, especially since no harm was done.
Old Aug 1, 2015, 11:19 am

Thanks. The St. Regis is a 35 minute walk from the Hyatt, so a bit too far away. But I found there is a Sizzler in the Oriental Malls, of which the Hyatt is a part. Wish I could find something in between an expensive dinner and a Sizzler, but close to the hotel.
I went to Molly Malone's Irish Pub a couple of times. Reviews are pretty mixed but IMO food was decent enough didn't expect anything gourmet and didn't get it :-) Decent draft beer and soccer on the TV so for me it was fine. Its about 10mins walk from GH attached to the Legendale Hotel.

http://www.mollymalonebeijing.com/
Old Aug 1, 2015, 11:41 pm

Programs: CX Gold, Krisflyer PPS, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by RTW1
Nothing to prevent human error.... suite upgrade seems like a decent apology though, especially since no harm was done.
Yes, a decent apology for sure and a genuine good follow up from the GM by email.
Old Mar 6, 2016, 6:52 pm

I'm booked here six nights in March/April. Can't seem to do any better than rack rate, except COSTCO. I'm not a member, but the savings (10%) would pay for a membership. Seems odd that there's no AAA, AARP or GP Member Rate.

(My employer's rate limit is far below even COSTCO rate, so I've got to pay the difference.)
Old Mar 7, 2016, 7:04 am
Moderator: GLBT Travelers & Hyatt Gold Passport

Originally Posted by 365RoadWarrior
I'm booked here six nights in March/April. Can't seem to do any better than rack rate, except COSTCO. I'm not a member, but the savings (10%) would pay for a membership. Seems odd that there's no AAA, AARP or GP Member Rate.

(My employer's rate limit is far below even COSTCO rate, so I've got to pay the difference.)
This is true for many (most?) international properties.
Old Mar 7, 2016, 8:23 am

Originally Posted by peteropny
This is true for many (most?) international properties.
Thanks for that informatiion. It's rare that I feel in the mood to splurge (out of pocket) for a work travel hotel. I will have to choose between Beijing and Osaka. Both have a Senior rate, but I'm not ready for that yet.
Old Mar 7, 2016, 6:04 pm

I am very tardy in posting a review of this wonderful hotel. I used a DSU to upgrade to a suite. It was wonderful. The photo on Hyatt.com shows the living room looking just slightly larger than it really is due to mirrors on one wall, but certainly large enough for us.

The service was exceptional. We used the car service offered by the hotel and it was worth it. A representative met us just outside the gate at the airport, took care of all of our hand baggage and accompanied the long distance to immigration. He met us on the other side, collected our checked bags, and then whisked us down a hallway and en elevator to what seemed like an area for special cars- no traffic. The driver and car were waiting there and we quickly took off for the hotel. The driver was in contact with the hotel to advise we had left the airport and then a few minutes before we arrived contacted the hotel once again. When we arrived at the front entrance we were met by a bellman and someone from the Regency Club who took us directly to the Club to check-in (even though it was 11 p.m.).

The Club was terrific. There was a wonderful breakfast buffet of cold items and great pastries and then there was waiter service with a small menu of hot items to choose from. Likewise the evening service was wonderful as well. We are not really fond of Asian food, but there was an abundance of western items for both breakfast and in the evening.

The hotel staff were always so genuinely friendly and helpful. We had lunch in the Grand Cafe and it offered a wide selection on their menu. The Assistant Manager there came up and chatted with us for awhile and was so friendly and kind as to give us her personal cell phone number to call if we had any problems or questions while in Beijing, whether inside or outside the hotel. This was truly over the top service.

We really felt special in this hotel and can't wait to stay again !
Old Mar 8, 2016, 12:55 am

Programs: EB*D, Hilton Diamond, Carlson Gold Elite, Amex Plat
The service was exceptional. We used the car service offered by the hotel and it was worth it. A representative met us just outside the gate at the airport, took care of all of our hand baggage and accompanied the long distance to immigration. He met us on the other side, collected our checked bags, and then whisked us down a hallway and en elevator to what seemed like an area for special cars- no traffic. The driver and car were waiting there and we quickly took off for the hotel. The driver was in contact with the hotel to advise we had left the airport and then a few minutes before we arrived contacted the hotel once again. When we arrived at the front entrance we were met by a bellman and someone from the Regency Club who took us directly to the Club to check-in (even though it was 11 p.m.).
That´s great, especially the speedy service through elevator and lounge check-in past 10 pm. How much did you pay for the airport & car service in total?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.