Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Regency Savannah REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Hyatt Regency Savannah REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Jan 15, 2011, 8:03 pm
In memoriam

Programs: Kimpton IC, Hyatt Diamond, Gold Marriott, Lifetime Platinum Starwood
I too am looking for further information about this property. Has anybody stayed here recently?
Old Feb 5, 2011, 4:43 pm
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
This is one of the typical atrium-style properties that has been refurbished. I am staying using a suite upgrade and the desk agent acted as though I was given some great suite, but it's not a true suite. I think they call it a Plaza Suite. I'd say it's a large junior suite. There is a large room with a sitting area (sectional, chair), desk area, halfwall that divides the space and has a swivel flat-panel TV on it and then the bedroom area on the other side. I don't know that I'd use a suite upgrade here since it doesn't appear they give real suites, although the additional space is nice. I wonder what I would have received without the cert.

The bathrooms are clearly original and are typical of many Hyatts (small, older tubs, one sink). My room overlooks the river and is comfortable. Everything's functional.

The desk staff at check-in was friendly, presented me with free breakfast and Internet information without my asking. Breakfast was either the buffet at the restaurant or a credit of $16.95 plus tax and 15 percent tip. I was not asked about amenity preference and forgot to mention it.

There is no RC. The hotel gets a lot of NetJet pilots who stay here for weeks at a time while going to Gulfstream nearby for training. They have their own lounge.

Location is good - easy walking to most any of the sites in Savannah. There is an elevator in the hotel (separate from the room elevators) that takes you down to River Street.

The staff here has been overwhelmingly pleasant - from housekeeping, to room service and wait staff.

Last edited by l etoile; Feb 5, 2011 at 4:55 pm
Old Feb 15, 2013, 10:43 am

Any recent comments about this hotel?
Old Feb 15, 2013, 3:11 pm

Programs: Lots
I stay here about once a month and it's my preferred hotel in Savannah. I can't say there's really anything special about the hotel itself - rooms are fine, as a Diamond I've always been at least given a river view, usually either a mini suite which has an extra sitting area and a couple of times a top floor corner room which has a huge outside balcony / area (it's about the size of the room itself so calling it a balcony doesn't seem quite correct). It's the staff and service there that I like so much. They make the guests seem very welcome and after just my second stay many of them started recognizing me.

Don't know your GP status but Diamond's get free breakfast in the restaurant as l'etolie said. I'm not normally a breakfast eater but the buffet is definitely an above average hotel offering and I usually do stop by when I'm at this property. GP members are also given a card to show at the bar which gives you happy hour prices all night long. And the bar has Guinness on tap so I make good use of the certificate. Turn down service comes with a couple of lilac flavored chocolate which are quite tasty.

Parking is valet only at, I think $22 a night. The Whitaker St garage is right across Bay St though and is $14 a night. Definitely within walking distance to anything you would want to see in downtown. Can't speak of the gym because Savannah weather is usually nice enough to go running outside.

The Andaz is a block away or so and the rooms there are more modern and a bit nicer but I much prefer the service at the HR which is why I stay there whenever they have my rate available.
Old Mar 27, 2013, 4:36 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Platinum
Question Hyatt regency savannah, ga

can I get an update on what to expect at this hotel? I have a stay coming up this Friday? What should I be expecting being a Diamond member on an award stay?

thanks,
jwhuffman
Old Mar 28, 2013, 5:36 pm

Programs: Lots
Originally Posted by jwhuffman
can I get an update on what to expect at this hotel? I have a stay coming up this Friday? What should I be expecting being a Diamond member on an award stay?

thanks,
jwhuffman
I'm staying at the hotel once again this evening and everything is still pretty much the same as my last post. I've never used points but I wouldn't imagine they would treat you any differently here on an award night vs revenue.

You'll most likely end up with a river view room, Jr suite possibly depending on how busy the hotel is (I believe that's what they gave me on my first stay). Based on the lowest price available tomorrow night though they may be busier than normal.

In all honesty you probably won't be blown away by the hotel and it'll be pretty much a standard, pleasant stay. The rooms are fine, staff is all friendly and professional. It's the recognition and treatment I get (and really, it's nothing that extreme, just a true feeling of being welcomed) that makes me feel so positively towards the property.
Old Mar 14, 2014, 6:03 am

Renovations coming soon?

Hotel is looking and acting like old. Keys often don't work in the elevator or door on first try and the carpet looks like its been there forever. The staff is super nice and treat everyone great.

Access to the water taxi for conferences across the river is easy. Since most of the action is on the Hyatt side of the river, staying here was a good option for me.

Sadly, the hotel is noisy with door slamming.

I was told renovations were coming soon.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 7:45 am

Programs: HHonors Dia, PC Plat, DL PM, SPG Gold
Stayed here for 1 night and had a great stay. Got a nice upgrade to a junior suite as well as an amenity of wine and dried fruits and nuts. The breakfast was great in the restaurant as there is no lounge. They said breakfast for four people in the restaurant.

- naroowal
Old Aug 30, 2014, 3:32 pm
Used to be " vincentppetty "

Programs: DL Platinum/1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Titanium; Loews Platinum; GHA/Omni Platinum; Hilton Gold
Thumbs down Not impressed at all - would not recommend!!

Just arrived for a 2-night stay at the HR Savannah; I am NOT impressed at all. This has to be my least favorite Hyatt of any that I have ever experienced. For those of you who know my reviews, you know that I rarely speak ill of Hyatt, but whatever you do, do NOT stay here!

This is one of the most old, out-dated properties that I have ever seen. The bathroom is ridiculously tiny, and the room is disgusting! The carpet is very stained and is peeling up, the furniture is very worn, the bed not comfortable, the walls are paper-thin with no soundproofing -- and this is in a SUITE! I want to leave and head to the Andaz (which is BEAUTIFUL!!) but it is booked for tonight; but, I will be moving there first thing in the morning!

The ONLY good thing that I can say about this property is the location; but, the Andaz is in an equally perfect location so location would not cause me to return.

I will be posting a full review on TripAdvisor later in the week with photos of this crappy Suite ... just please save yourself and do not chose the Hyatt Regency Savannah!

Last edited by AttorneyVin; Sep 2, 2014 at 4:05 pm
Old Mar 9, 2015, 1:39 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Sixt Platinum
Any updates to the Hyatt Regency Savannah? I know they have some renovations going on.
Old Mar 26, 2015, 6:23 pm

The Account Summary email I just received implies that the Savannah Regency renovation is now complete and the rooms and bathrooms have been "fully restyled." Has anyone been inside to check it out?

Last edited by BobR; Mar 26, 2015 at 7:14 pm
Old Mar 27, 2015, 8:27 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold, Sixt Platinum
I too would like to hear how the hotel is looking now after renovations?
Old Oct 29, 2015, 6:37 am

Programs: United 1K, MR Plat, SPG Plat
I have a conference coming up at this hotel. Tripadvisor reviews are mixed. Any recent experiences?

Regards,

RIP...
Old Oct 29, 2015, 9:38 am

Programs: Hyatt Giraffe
It's been recently rennovated and is located well. The Andaz is just better imo.
Old Nov 1, 2015, 8:01 am

Programs: MRSPG LT Tit, HH Diamond, Hertz Pres.
Had a GREAT stay at the Andaz this summer. Property and location are impeccable

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.