Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Sao Paulo Grand Hyatt REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old May 21, 04, 10:24 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, Air France Platinum, AA 4MM EXP, SPG Lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist

Has anyone tried this property? It was my first time and I was very favorably impressed. Was upgraded to Grand Club as a Diamond member. Excellent service all around. The rooms are very spacious, modern and very comfortable. Beautiful bathroom, great shower and bath products. this hotel ranks on the very top of brazilian 5 star hotels. I recommend it warmly. ^
Old May 21, 04, 12:48 pm

Agree completely. Hotel is excellent; it is almost 2 years old. Rooms are well designed, comfortable, subdued, relaxed. Bathrooms are very nice.
All staff is new, enthusiastic, and helpful.
I also got upgraded to Grand Club as a Diamond. Lounge is very good.
Every time I go to Sao Paulo, this is where I stay.
Old Dec 1, 04, 8:46 am

Programs: AA PLT 2MM,, DL PM, Marriott Titanium Lifetime, Dollar Store Premium
Grand Hyatt Sao Paulo - questions

Previous comments are positive -- I have a question about location:

It looks good for business and retail, but what about activities, tourism, nightlife and so on? If my memory serves me correctly, that area is a taxi ride to everything, correct?

The Grand Hyatt seems to have more sex appeal than the Renaissance, but I guess I'm leaning toward the Renaissance (based on location), and I'd like to get a better idea about the accessibility of the Hyatt -- or, at the very least, what a taxi would cost for travel to Jardins/Consolação.

Thanks.
Old Dec 1, 04, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
The hotel and Grand club are nice. The room is nicely furnished but relatively small in my opinion. The hotel has nice gym, sauna, and inside pool that we used extensively in our four nights stay in September.

The hotel is a taxi drive away from any activity.

There is a small "river" close to the hotel that turns into a sewerage pipe in the evening and although you cannot smell it inside the hotel the smell is very distinctive when waiting for a taxi.
Old Feb 3, 05, 8:39 pm

Programs: SPG/Marriott Plat, AA Plat, HH Gold
Bump - I'm checking in to this property in two weeks. Any updated opinions, espeically by way of nightlife and activities in the area? FWIW, I'll be checking in as a Diamond--any ideas what I can expect? Thanks!
Old Feb 5, 05, 8:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vivrant
Bump - I'm checking in to this property in two weeks. Any updated opinions, espeically by way of nightlife and activities in the area? FWIW, I'll be checking in as a Diamond--any ideas what I can expect? Thanks!
To reiterate my post above the hotel is in the business district and you need to take a cab to ANY activity.
Old Feb 10, 05, 1:35 pm

Two transport questions:

How long/expensive a ride is the hotel from GRU on a Saturday evening?

Any idea how long a cab ride it is from the hotel to CGH on a Sunday morning?

Thanks.
Old Feb 14, 05, 1:32 am

Originally Posted by snorkmaster
How long/expensive a ride is the hotel from GRU on a Saturday evening?
I'm at this hotel now - cab from GRU cost me 91 Reals (hotel is currently giving me a conversion rate of 2.61 Reals = $1USD. As you make your way out of the terminal, you will see a round stand. You pay for your taxi there (cash and all major CC's accepted). Traffic at 10am Friday morning resulted in about an hours drive.

Originally Posted by snorkmaster
Any idea how long a cab ride it is from the hotel to CGH on a Sunday morning?
I also took a cab to this CGH on Sunday morning because I needed a rental. It will take you approximately 15 minutes and cost about 20 Reals from the hotel to CGH.
Old Feb 14, 05, 9:26 am

Exactly what I needed to know -- Thank you!

Originally Posted by vivrant
I'm at this hotel now - cab from GRU cost me 91 Reals (hotel is currently giving me a conversion rate of 2.61 Reals = $1USD. As you make your way out of the terminal, you will see a round stand. You pay for your taxi there (cash and all major CC's accepted). Traffic at 10am Friday morning resulted in about an hours drive.

I also took a cab to this CGH on Sunday morning because I needed a rental. It will take you approximately 15 minutes and cost about 20 Reals from the hotel to CGH.
Old Feb 17, 05, 10:23 am

Emiliano or Hyatt in Sao Paulo ?

I have always stayed at the Emiliano for its location. Am I better off at the Hyatt for just a fun trip? The Hyatt point are of no concern.

Thanks for any feedback

Starfe
Old Feb 17, 05, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by starfe
I have always stayed at the Emiliano for its location. Am I better off at the Hyatt for just a fun trip? The Hyatt point are of no concern.

Thanks for any feedback

Starfe
From what I understand, the Hyatt runs about $50 less than the Emiliano but the location of the Emiliano is much better. The Hyatt is in a business area and you really do have to take a taxi to get anywhere (which can get costly). Travelling to an area like Jardins can take up to 30 minutes and cost 30-40 Reals. I think the Marriott Renaissance can also be a good choice.
Old Feb 20, 05, 11:15 am

I'll use this post as my hotel field report and re-edit as I get more details together.

Room: I booked a Club Queen Room along with several co-workers so we would have access to the lounge for free breakfast and evening drinks. Club floors are from 19-22 (top floor). I was upgraded from a Club Queen to a Club King based on my Diamond status. I ended up later downgrading to a Grand Queen room since the rate was $50 cheaper and they agreed to move me to a Club Queen (two rooms away).

Lounge: The Grand Club lounge is located on the 20th floor with some amazing panoramic views of the city. There is space for about 100 guests to comfortably enjoy the lounge, but I never saw more than 15-20 at a time there. For breakfast they offer a simple selection of fruits, cold-cuts, some muffins, croissants, cereals, coffee and juices. Cocktails are served everday from 6-8:30pm seven days a week. Cocktails include a really nice Argentinean red, Moet & Chandonn champagne, Chivas Regal, Johnnie Walker Red and your standard rums, vodkas, and other spirits. They also serve finger foods like sushi, chicken won-ton fritters, cheeses and other concoctions that are good to nibble on (you definitely cannot replace dinner like you can at some other hotel lounges, hehe).

more details to follow...

Last edited by vivrant; Feb 21, 05 at 2:55 am
Old Apr 18, 06, 12:53 pm

Programs: UA 3.6 MM, Marriott Lifetime Plat
Anyone have an e-mail contact for this hotel? I'd like them to pick me up at the airport when I arrive and prefer to have it in writing.
Old Apr 18, 06, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NeoOfTheCRS
Anyone have an e-mail contact for this hotel? I'd like them to pick me up at the airport when I arrive and prefer to have it in writing.
Just take one of the taxis that are lined up outside the terminal.
Old Aug 11, 07, 8:39 am
GB

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton GLD
Any recent review or comparison with Hilton Morumbi

I am looking at a stay here in December, but rates are significantly higher than the nearby Hilton Morumbi. I am looking for club level rooms. Any recent comparisons with the Hilton? Is the lounge open all day on weekends? Any discounts available? The Hyatt.com prepay rates are not being offered now.
Thank you.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: