Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Sao Paulo Grand Hyatt REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Sao Paulo Grand Hyatt REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Aug 11, 2007, 8:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
If you are planning to be in Sao Paulo during the weekend and you are not doing business with any of the companies that are located close to the Hilton or Hyatt I would suggest that you pick up a hotel in the Jardins area of Sao Paulo i.e. Renaissance.

There are lot of shops, cafes, and restaurants where you can just walk rather than having to take a taxi if you are staying at Hilton or Hyatt. I have stayed at Hyatt and do like the hotel but not the location.

Just checked in this morning to the Renaissance Sao Paulo BTW.
Old Nov 5, 2007, 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by holtju2
I have stayed at Hyatt and do like the hotel but not the location.
Well put. There are 2 big shopping malls about 3/4 mile away with plenty of restaurants. If you can't read/speak Portuguese though, it'll be difficult. You can definitely walk there during the day with no problems. Safer to take a taxi at night.
Old Jan 13, 2008, 6:00 am
pdb

Any updated comments regarding the Grand Lounge? Are you pretty much assured Grand Club access if you are DIA?
Old Mar 8, 2010, 8:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
bump...any recent thoughts/reviews of this hotel?
Old Mar 9, 2010, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
bump...any recent thoughts/reviews of this hotel?
Yes, please. Trying to decide whether to book there or other location for a conference in Oct.

Fairly recent reviews of GH-Sao Paulo from tripadvisor:
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Rev...Sao_Paulo.html

Last edited by gsorob; Mar 9, 2010 at 1:13 pm Reason: Added link
Old Oct 10, 2010, 12:07 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Stayed here last night, after a 10 hour delayed flight on United. R$135 in a cab from the airport seemed sensible. Very friendly staff and checked in at Grand Club.

Grand Club has two computers, one with printer for boarding passes.

Used a suite upgrade to Corner Suite which had some good views despite being on the 12th floor. Agreed a 3pm check-out as all the suites were full the next evening.

Breakfast in Grand Club was very nice, lots of breads, cheeses, and lovely warm leek flans. Attentive staff who seemed to really enjoy their job.

The hotel car service is R$220 which is about 50% of the room rate I paid, but as my two day stay turned in to a one day, I was not in the mood to faff around.
Old Mar 9, 2011, 3:51 am

Programs: M&M FQT, BA G, Bonvoy LTT, WoH GLOB
short stay this week, cab still R$ 135 from airport (and same price for return if taking standard taxi opposite hotel entrance).

Upgraded to Club room with good benefits (free 2 piece laundry) but no diamond amenity being offered.

Given the choice to have breakfast downstairs, but club offering looked good too.

Good Spa and fitness facilities (though few machines broken) and hotel overall well kept and staff friendly.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 11:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
I was able to get two of the CO mistake fares to GRU.http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/milea...m-403-all.html Land at 8:35am, depart at 9:03pm (same-day)

Thinking about booking this hotel for the day, so I can get some sleep, take a shower, and just kick back in a comfortable environment.

How is the local area? How far is the hotel from the airport? I've had a hard time finding both on google maps. Is it safe to travel from the aiport to the Hyatt?
Old Mar 14, 2011, 11:50 am

Programs: some
The reasonable Hotel in proximity of the airport (which is in Guarulhos and not in Sao Paolo) is the Mariott. That said traveling by taxi is safe but traffic exactly at the times you mention can be hell.
Old Mar 14, 2011, 2:58 pm

Programs: M&M FQT, BA G, Bonvoy LTT, WoH GLOB
I was there with no traffic and it took me 40min each way. But that can become 90min. If you need GRU airport, the domestic airport is much closer. I don't know the Marriott but the Hyatt is nice to spend a handful of hours, but you have to add time and cost of the commute.
Old Sep 16, 2011, 11:37 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, airline free agent
Any updates on this hotel. While I know that it is not near anything super-interesting in the immediate vicinity, Im wondering if anyone can comment on:

- anything walkable nearby (some mention of shopping malls in earlier posts)
- restaurants on-premise or nearby.

Thanks
Old Sep 17, 2011, 10:55 am

Programs: SQ TPP, BA Gold, Hyatt Life Glob, SPG/Marriott Life Plat,
I stayed there a few months ago, there is a shopping mall a few minutes walk away that is ok for walking to during the day apparently. I can't comment on how good or bad it is as I didn't get the chance to visit it myself but some of the aircrew who use the hotel said they went and it was ok to kill some time. The Hilton is not too far away in the other direction if you fancy a change of scenery. As has been said before, there is not much else to do in the vicinity.

It took me about an hour to get there from GRU and about an hour and a half to get back during rush hour.
Old Sep 18, 2011, 3:24 pm

8k for a standard queen or 10k for club king is a steal compared to the daily rates. I just cancelled my hilton reservation and booked the GH on points. ^

How far are bars/restaurants by taxi from the hotel? What time is the hotel spa open till?
Old Sep 24, 2011, 10:56 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, airline free agent
Wanted to circle back and post a brief review

- Great service and rooms - able to check in at 10am and checkout at 4pm
- Upgraded to Club Floor, nice big room, big bathroom, etc.
- Decent gym, nice indoor and outdoor pool but the latter is strangely located against the highway / stinky river
- Good meal at the French restaurant (eau?)

Having said this, I will probably not be staying here again. As noted many times in this thread, the hotel is just too far away from the action and there is no metro stop nearby. You have to drive to get to anything interesting (beyond the restaurants on premises).

Unless you have business in the vicinity and/or have no time for socializing/walking around, I'd stay in the Jardins area. Even though it is an inferior hotel and I have no status, I will likely be at the Renaissance the next time in SP.
Old Apr 6, 2012, 10:27 am

Programs: UA MM, Premier Plat, Costco EM
Thinking of staying here for a 4 night then 5 night stay in May - 8k seems like a great deal. However, I need to go to FGV on Paulista everyday - how much / how long would be a cab, as I understand the metro does not go nearby?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.