Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Alila Shanghai REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Jun 21, 2024, 8:35 am
Original Poster

https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/china/alila-shanghai/shaal

Formerly the Four Seasons, 186 keys in total including 125 suites (room details page in English is mistranslated)

Category 5

Last edited by GeneralTalker1030; Jun 21, 2024 at 8:50 am
Old Jun 21, 2024, 10:37 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Drove by it last week - pretty good location near the Taikoo mall and within walking distance to Nanjing west and making east roads. If they upgrade the rooms (4S really subpar in my mind) this will be a great spot to stay at when visiting Shanghai.
Old Jun 22, 2024, 2:58 am
Original Poster

Reservations opened for Nov 1 and beyond
No standard rooms/redemption inventory yet
Old Jun 22, 2024, 3:06 pm

Programs: Hilton, Delta, Hyatt, MGM
FWIW, I just stayed at the Centric Zhongshan Park and they had some sort of training session for Alila that starts on 6/19.
Old Jun 23, 2024, 12:28 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Does anyone know if they are renovating the rooms?
Old Jun 23, 2024, 12:51 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
ElevatorEnthusiast The whole hotel is being totally transformed, so everything should be unrecognizable from the former Four Seasons incarnation. Looking forward to this one giving the Alila brand a shot in the arm and, if it executes the 'urban resort' concept properly, rolls out to more city center locations worldwide.

khabah
ElevatorEnthusiast likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2024, 2:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
Does anyone know if they are renovating the rooms?
I'm curious to see how/what they pull off in terms of room renovations. One thing I've noticed that is consistent among past renovation/reflags in China is that the floorplans usually don't change much (i.e. moving around load bearing walls is a headache not worth triggering), so you're kind of stuck with whatever the optimal room size was when the hotel was first built. The Portman is the most high profile example I can think of in Shanghai and Rosewood holds that trophy in Beijing.

Fortunately, the FS rooms weren't especially tiny, so there is opportunity to make them kind of nice.

I kind of like the location (certainly better than Lujiazui and arguably better than XTD), but I want to point out that it's not really that close to Taikoo Hui or Nanjing Rd. It is close to some of the entrances to the Line 13 section of NJ West Rd Stn (which, is effectively 3 separately subway stations). There is also an entrance to Line 12 (more useful then 13) ~200 meters away.
GeneralTalker1030 likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2024, 8:52 am

Looks like the rates are similar to The Sukhothai across the street. I will give the Alila a try (and to get my brand badge) in Nov.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.