Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Opinions on Jakarta Hyatt Options

Opinions on Jakarta Hyatt Options

Old Jun 21, 2024, 7:49 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
And for the background information:
Park Hyatt Jakarta REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
&
Grand Hyatt Jakarta REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

I am biased because i find enough things to do in Jakarta that suit my interests ...
Spoiler

Last edited by HadesNL; Jun 22, 2024 at 5:07 pm
Old Jun 22, 2024, 3:39 pm

I've stayed at the PH Jakarta a couple times. The suites are gorgeous, I wish my apt is like that. The bar is very nice as well but it's not a very convenient street or neighborhood to be in. Definitely need a car to get around.
Old Jun 22, 2024, 5:51 pm

I can't speak to the PH but my stay last year at GH Jakarta was great. The staff was wonderful. If you have Regency Club access, you can take breakfast either in the Club or, for a much greater selection, in the lobby restaurant. In the evenings, the club has its own kitchen where hot appetizers and entrees are prepared behind a glass partition where you can see the chef working. Every night you could order any of five Indonesian entrees, all cooked to order and all delicious. We were going out to restaurants for dinner but we met at least two other couples in the lounge who were using the RC as their dinner venue every night, saying it was as good as any of the nearby restaurants.
I also second those who say there is plenty to see and do in Jakarta for 3-4 days. Pay a visit to the old part of town and have lunch while you're there at historic Cafe Batavia. Spend an hour or two at the National Museum and see among other things the world's oldest piggy banks (they were invented in Indonesia). Take a taxi or Grab (10-15 min. from the GH) to the school where Barack Obama was a student 50+ years ago, from the age of 6 till 10, and ponder what it must have been like to be the only non-Asian kid in his class, as well as the only kid who didn't speak the local language when he first arrived. If you get in a cab and say "Obama school," the driver will know where to go, or ask the hotel staff for the address.
For a good Indonesian restaurant near the hotel, try Kaum Jakarta (10 minute walk).
soy likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.