Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Small Luxury Hotels of the World to leave Hyatt, joins Hilton (effective 15 May 2024)

Old Mar 13, 2024, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak
World of Hyatt and Small Luxury Hotels of the World will be ending their strategic relationship effective May 15, 2024.

This thread is staying behind in the Hyatt forum to address the wind-down, handling of existing reservations, etc.

For the active Hilton forum thread, see:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilt...ns-hilton.html

Hyatt announcement:

https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...ls-update.html

What does this change mean for World of Hyatt members?

Reservations:
  • Existing Reservations
    • For stays with a check-in date on or before May 15, 2024: Eligible paid and award stays at Small Luxury Hotels of the World will be honored and benefits will be earned.
    • For stays with check-in dates after May 15, 2024: The stay will be honored, but World of Hyatt benefits like breakfast, earning points and nights toward tier status will no longer be available at Small Luxury Hotels of the World.
  • New Reservations
    • Yes, new reservations can be made until May 15, 2024 for stays with a checkout date before May 15, 2024.
  • Reservation Cancellations
    • On or before May 15, 2024: Contact a Hyatt Global Care Center at 1.888.848.9496 (or 1.402.952.1131 if outside the US).
    • After May 15, 2024: Contact Small Luxury Hotels of the World directly for cancellations to paid and award reservations at 1.212.953.0118, 44.207.802.289, or [email protected].
  • Reservation Modifications
    • On or before May 15, 2024: Contact a Hyatt Global Care Center at 1.888.848.9496 (or 1.402.952.1131 if outside the US).
    • After May 15, 2024: To modify a reservation, both paid and award stays will need to be cancelled directly with Small Luxury Hotels of the World at 1.212.953.0118, 44.207.802.289, or [email protected] and rebooked. New rates may apply.
Additional World of Hyatt Program and Benefits:
  • World of Hyatt credit cardmembers will continue to earn 4 Bonus Points for every eligible dollar spent on their card at participating Small Luxury Hotels of the World locations until August 31, 2024.

Print Wikipost

Small Luxury Hotels of the World to leave Hyatt, joins Hilton (effective 15 May 2024)

Old Jan 16, 2024, 1:40 pm

I also have a few bookings in July in Italy that are intact. I am hesitant to reach out to the properties for extra confirmation as to not put eyes on it, or do you think that shouldn't matter?
Old Jan 16, 2024, 1:42 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by buildingcredit
I also have a few bookings in July in Italy that are intact. I am hesitant to reach out to the properties for extra confirmation as to not put eyes on it, or do you think that shouldn't matter?
I would unquestionably reach out. I have gotten the hotel confirmation number for ours. In cases where one is playing games with the rules of a program, like credit cards, for example, putting eyes on things may not be advised. In this case, I see no harm at all. More information will always be better than less in a case like this.

Cheers.
buildingcredit likes this.
Old Jan 16, 2024, 3:29 pm

For my SLH booking that disappeared from app/website, my concierge said they could still see it as a valid booking, so not sure what's going on. Hopefully this is all just a technical glitch. I also still have a separate confirmation with the hotel (haven't reached out to them yet but probably should) and the room I booked is not showing as available for my dates.
Old Jan 19, 2024, 2:53 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, MP Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Another data point - just made a couple of SLH bookings via Hyatt.com site for Aug/Sep trip to Greece. Will have to wait and see what transpires with the relationship. Keeping my fingers crossed!
Old Jan 19, 2024, 3:46 pm

My missing booking has since reappeared after my concierge said they had escalated the issue to another team.
Old Jan 19, 2024, 6:51 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Clemson
My missing booking has since reappeared after my concierge said they had escalated the issue to another team.
my booking has also re-appeared in the app as well.
Old Jan 23, 2024, 2:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP | Marriott LT Plat | Hyatt Discoverist
SLH is still showing on the website: https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/explore-...rld?brands=SLH

On a semi-related note, does anyone know if the Bolontiku hotel in Guatemala (near Tikal) left SLH? I booked it with points a year or so ago but can't see it listed anymore.
Old Jan 23, 2024, 3:13 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Antarius
SLH is still showing on the website: https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/explore-...rld?brands=SLH
No surprise here. The conjecture is the SLH/Hyatt partnership will dissolve around the same time as the Mr&MrsSmith integration with Hyatt is rolled out. If anyone knows definitively when that will occur, they aren't talking.
Old Feb 7, 2024, 4:33 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, American Gold, JetBlue Mosaic 4, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond,
Small Luxury Hotels of the World to leave Hyatt, joins Hilton

https://stories.hilton.com/releases/hilton-partners-with-small-luxury-hotels-of-the-world-to-dramatically-expand-global-luxury-portfolio
Old Feb 7, 2024, 4:34 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGLfL
SLH partners with Hilton

https://www.businesswire.com/news/ho...ortfolioMCLEAN, Va. & LONDON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Hilton (NYSE: HLT) and Small Luxury Hotels of the World (SLH) today announced an exclusive strategic partnership that will welcome Hilton guests to hundreds of independently minded luxury hotels in the most sought-after destinations around the world. The partnership will dramatically expand the luxury experiences offered by Hilton as unique SLH properties join the unparalleled hotels of the growing Waldorf Astoria Hotels & Resorts, Conrad Hotels & Resorts and LXR Hotels & Resorts brands.

Through this exclusive partnership, which will ramp up in the months ahead, all of Hilton’s customers, including the more than 180 million members of Hilton Honors, will soon be able to dream, book and earn and redeem Points for stays at participating properties in the SLH community of 560 luxury boutique hotels spanning 90 countries. These locations are highly complementary to Hilton’s vast network of hotels and will give guests access to additional luxury accommodations in hundreds of new destinations.

No date when Hyatt relationship ends.
Old Feb 7, 2024, 5:24 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
Bummer for Hyatt, good move for Hilton. Hopefully this accelerates Mr. & Mrs. Smith integration.

Mods—can this be moved back to main forum for discussion? Sub forum visibility is low.
Old Feb 7, 2024, 5:30 am

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, Honors Gold
Interesting change, especially as Hilton seems to have been more focused on organic growth but has also been rumoured to be doing deals with Graduate Hotels and NoMad Hotels.

I'm based in the UK and like SLH as they have hotels in places without many 'branded' options, but the Hyatt partnership didn't make much sense for me given Hyatt's limited footprint in Europe and no way to earn points outside of hotel stays. The rates tended to be higher booking via Hyatt than SLH, so I'd end up booking via SLH. With Hilton, it's much easier to top-up there points and there are many more redemption options in Europe, so will be interesting to see how the rates compare to SLH when taking into account the points earning via Hilton.
Old Feb 7, 2024, 5:32 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGLfL
Originally Posted by CLEguy
Bummer for Hyatt, good move for Hilton. Hopefully this accelerates Mr. & Mrs. Smith integration.

Mods—can this be moved back to main forum for discussion? Sub forum visibility is low.
It is stickied at the top of the sub-forum to increase readership.
Old Feb 7, 2024, 5:36 am

Programs: BA Gold
Hilton and SLH agree a new partnership.

If any further confirmation was needed that the Hyatt/SLH partnership was over, today's announcement from Hilton and SLH is it.

https://stories.hilton.com/releases/...xury-portfolio
Old Feb 7, 2024, 6:01 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
Originally Posted by Markie
It is stickied at the top of the sub-forum to increase readership.
I would gently suggest that the sub-forum itself suffers from low visibility, as users will only visit to seek out a specific property, rather than being a destination itself as the main forum is. As the “moved” thread header moves down the page, I worry that the discussion here will be buried and die.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.