Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Small Luxury Hotels of the World to leave Hyatt, joins Hilton (effective 15 May 2024)

Old Mar 13, 2024, 1:38 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Zorak
World of Hyatt and Small Luxury Hotels of the World will be ending their strategic relationship effective May 15, 2024.

This thread is staying behind in the Hyatt forum to address the wind-down, handling of existing reservations, etc.

For the active Hilton forum thread, see:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hilt...ns-hilton.html

Hyatt announcement:

https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...ls-update.html

What does this change mean for World of Hyatt members?

Reservations:
  • Existing Reservations
    • For stays with a check-in date on or before May 15, 2024: Eligible paid and award stays at Small Luxury Hotels of the World will be honored and benefits will be earned.
    • For stays with check-in dates after May 15, 2024: The stay will be honored, but World of Hyatt benefits like breakfast, earning points and nights toward tier status will no longer be available at Small Luxury Hotels of the World.
  • New Reservations
    • Yes, new reservations can be made until May 15, 2024 for stays with a checkout date before May 15, 2024.
  • Reservation Cancellations
    • On or before May 15, 2024: Contact a Hyatt Global Care Center at 1.888.848.9496 (or 1.402.952.1131 if outside the US).
    • After May 15, 2024: Contact Small Luxury Hotels of the World directly for cancellations to paid and award reservations at 1.212.953.0118, 44.207.802.289, or [email protected].
  • Reservation Modifications
    • On or before May 15, 2024: Contact a Hyatt Global Care Center at 1.888.848.9496 (or 1.402.952.1131 if outside the US).
    • After May 15, 2024: To modify a reservation, both paid and award stays will need to be cancelled directly with Small Luxury Hotels of the World at 1.212.953.0118, 44.207.802.289, or [email protected] and rebooked. New rates may apply.
Additional World of Hyatt Program and Benefits:
  • World of Hyatt credit cardmembers will continue to earn 4 Bonus Points for every eligible dollar spent on their card at participating Small Luxury Hotels of the World locations until August 31, 2024.

Print Wikipost

Small Luxury Hotels of the World to leave Hyatt, joins Hilton (effective 15 May 2024)

Old Jun 7, 2024, 6:29 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton diamond, Marriott Platinum
I will have one of these to deal with next month. Iím holding on the unlikely chance that this hotel will somehow become affiliated with Mr. and Mrs. Smith (some have) and no advantage to canceling now. I have a backup.

I do expect getting the points back to be like pulling teeth. But had not anticipated the finger pointing. I figured they knew who was responsible. Sigh.

Cheers.
Old Jun 10, 2024, 10:33 am

Programs: United Silver, AA, Delta, Marriott, Hyatt.
Update: I got my WoH points refunded today (Monday) after cancelling my SLH reservation this past Friday. Again, anyone in this situation should cancel via email instead of talking to representatives of either company who clearly want as little to do with this situation as possible.
brp and ysbyvr like this.
Old Jun 11, 2024, 7:04 am
Hyatt 10+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
SLH to Mr/Mrs Smith saw Cape Fahn in USM go from 25,000 WOH points per night jump to 62,500!
Old Jun 12, 2024, 1:00 pm

Programs: Delta, AA, BA, United, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond, SPG Marriott Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by m0hamed
SLH to Mr/Mrs Smith saw Cape Fahn in USM go from 25,000 WOH points per night jump to 62,500!
Yes, but Hilton points are generally worth much less than WOH points.
Different currencies. Comparing Apples and Oranges
Old Jun 12, 2024, 1:12 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by beachmiles
Yes, but Hilton points are generally worth much less than WOH points.
Different currencies. Comparing Apples and Oranges
Yup. Estimates Iíve seen value WOH points at about $.014 while Hhonors are about $.005. With that valuation, the 25K WOH translates to 70K. So itís a bargain 😀

Cheers.
Old Jun 12, 2024, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by brp
Yup. Estimates Iíve seen value WOH points at about $.014 while Hhonors are about $.005. With that valuation, the 25K WOH translates to 70K. So itís a bargain 😀

Cheers.
theyíre comparing Hyatt to Hyatt not Hilton to Hyatt. That hotel is a Mr & Mrs Smith hotel as well
Old Jun 12, 2024, 1:50 pm

I think you guys misunderstood m0hamed, what he was saying is that Cape Fahn is still bookable on Hyatt website via MMS, but it now requires much more WoH points than before:

Old Jun 12, 2024, 3:27 pm
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PG.backpacker
I think you guys misunderstood m0hamed, what he was saying is that Cape Fahn is still bookable on Hyatt website via MMS, but it now requires much more WoH points than before:
I definitely did respond to the wrong thing. I did not notice the details in the original comment and responded to the comment about Hilton. But not relevant here, as noted.

Cheers.
Old Jun 12, 2024, 8:11 pm
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHyatt 10+ Badge

Programs: QF WP (OWE), VA PLAT, EY GLD, SPG PLAT, Hyatt DIA, Hilton DIA, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by PG.backpacker

Exactly. Some SLM are also Mr/Mrs Smith properties so the devaluation of WOH points is very clearly illustrated.

Last edited by m0hamed; Jun 12, 2024 at 8:35 pm
Old Jun 16, 2024, 9:20 am

Programs: AC SE, Alaska MVP Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Clay_C.
Update: I got my WoH points refunded today (Monday) after cancelling my SLH reservation this past Friday. Again, anyone in this situation should cancel via email instead of talking to representatives of either company who clearly want as little to do with this situation as possible.
I've had the same situation. Cancelled a week ago though, and still nothing. Same issue with both parties telling me the other is responsible for this. Phone agent at Hyatt was no help.
Old Jun 19, 2024, 5:50 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Exclamation Trouble cancelling Hyatt SLH reservation

I have a reservation for a SLH in Europe that was made in February that I'm trying now to cancel. This was not an award stay (not points, not free night certs) and used a flexible rate.

When I call the SLH number in NYC for Hyatt cancellations, I get a recording about needing to contact Hyatt to modify/cancel reservations until May 15. The recording plays twice and then hangs up.

I then tried to SLH general 24/7 customer service number for the USA. A supervisor apparently found the reservation using my email address (the Hyatt confirmation number doesn't work) but was unable to cancel it after almost half an hour.

Is anyone else having this problem?
Old Jun 19, 2024, 7:50 pm

Did you try the email mentioned above? [email protected]

It seems that this line is the only way forward for cancellations and modifications going forward.
Old Jun 19, 2024, 8:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Have you tried contacting the property directly?
Old Jun 20, 2024, 8:36 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by ty7879
Did you try the email mentioned above? [email protected]

It seems that this line is the only way forward for cancellations and modifications going forward.
I finally sent an email to them, and also to the hotel. However, the SLH website says that their email isn't monitored 24/7 (only Monday through Friday during business hours apparently) and strongly suggests contacting SLH by phone.
Old Jun 20, 2024, 9:27 am
brp
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I finally sent an email to them, and also to the hotel. However, the SLH website says that their email isn't monitored 24/7 (only Monday through Friday during business hours apparently) and strongly suggests contacting SLH by phone.
Sadly, we see how well the latter option works.

Cheers.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.