Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Bonus Journeys 01 Mar-30 Apr 2024 (Is there really no Q1 global promo?)

Old Jan 30, 2024, 9:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat

Its now Feb and no major promo for Hyatt has been announced?

Every other major chain has something, are hyatts just too full nowv🤣😀

Ive been waiting to book but looks like I have to book ay IHG/Marrirott if I want promos.

Have not been with Hyatt long, is this normal/historically accurate
Sydneyberlin likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2024, 1:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by kauppias
Its now Feb and no major promo for Hyatt has been announced?

Every other major chain has something, are hyatts just too full nowv🤣😀

Ive been waiting to book but looks like I have to book ay IHG/Marrirott if I want promos.

Have not been with Hyatt long, is this normal/historically accurate
  1. Hyatt doesn't run promos year round.
  2. Hyatt promos are only typically announced a few days in advance
  3. Last year, the first two months were filled in with a personalised promo which was lucrative for those targeted and annoyed those who weren't
If 1,000 Marriott points per night ($6-8) or 2,000 IHG points ($10 if you stay in blocks of 4 nights) moves the needle for you, then by all means go to Marriott or IHG. It certainly doesn't for me, unless I'm trading an HP for a cheaper IHG/Marriott hotel...
Old Jan 31, 2024, 5:40 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold
Maybe we'll see on come Monday.....
Old Jan 31, 2024, 8:11 am

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist, Marriot LT Titanium, UA 2.4MM, HH Gold, AS MVPG
Well they did have the double point promo if you booked in December for stays all the way though 2/29 or 3/31? Can’t quite remember. So if one was able to plan ahead that’s certainly better than what the competition is offering.
Old Jan 31, 2024, 10:32 am

Originally Posted by craigthemif
If 1,000 Marriott points per night ($6-8) or 2,000 IHG points ($10 if you stay in blocks of 4 nights) moves the needle for you, then by all means go to Marriott or IHG. It certainly doesn't for me, unless I'm trading an HP for a cheaper IHG/Marriott hotel...
For Marriott, it's the bonus elite night credit that moves the needle for me. Not that their Titanium status is all that great, but to achieve it in half the night requirements theoretically is stomachable.
drod, ffgap and InFlightJay like this.
Old Jan 31, 2024, 11:37 am

Most will probably say don’t copy Marriott, but I wouldn’t mind Hyatt copying Marriott on this promo

I’d be happy with 500 points plus an extra EQN for Hyatt’s Q1 (considering Hyatt promo typically includes award night eligibility)
drod, kauppias and ffgap like this.
Old Jan 31, 2024, 12:10 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pto, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Last year was a customized and targeted promo beginning Presidents Day weekend. I hope there is more than Ethiad miles coming but I am sticking with Hyatt.
Old Jan 31, 2024, 1:37 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
I love a good Hyatt promo, don't get me wrong, but Hyatt's baseline program, IMO, is nearly always better than it's main competitors running typical promos.

I appreciate that about them, but the JC Penney's case showed that it's often a better business proposition to run sales all the time than to just offer a straightforward price.
Exiled in Express and UA-NYC like this.
Old Jan 31, 2024, 2:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by SF1K
Well they did have the double point promo if you booked in December for stays all the way though 2/29 or 3/31? Can’t quite remember. So if one was able to plan ahead that’s certainly better than what the competition is offering.
fair enough, though I book week of

Originally Posted by MarkOK
I love a good Hyatt promo, don't get me wrong, but Hyatt's baseline program, IMO, is nearly always better than it's main competitors running typical promos.

I appreciate that about them, but the JC Penney's case showed that it's often a better business proposition to run sales all the time than to just offer a straightforward price.
while the hyatt program does offer benefits it is also mostly more expensive and without promos its not that rewarding in pointswise...

Just a thought.

Originally Posted by mizzou miles
Maybe we'll see on come Monday.....
I SURE hope so, I was not aware hyatt does short notifications on promos so thats good news

3. Last year, the first two months were filled in with a personalised promo which was lucrative for those targeted and annoyed those who weren't
1. Makes sense
2. Good to know
3.those were some good promos
4. Marriott promo does not move my "needle" but sure if I can choose between a 50$ HIX vs a 150$ HP and get more points for it you bet Ill go there.

My main goal is to get status and free nights, without promos hyatt is often second choice just due to hotel locations/foorprint and the extra price tag on hyatt hotels, some will disagree and some will agree thats just how it goes.

I am making plans now for 20 odd nights so YES promos make a big difference on what chain I choose most of my stays unfortunately are at low end properties anyways so status there plays little to no role except for points
InFlightJay likes this.

Last edited by Zorak; Jan 31, 2024 at 2:50 pm Reason: please use the multi-quote feature
Old Jan 31, 2024, 2:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MarkOK
And because Hyatt's baseline program is so much better for Globalists, I worry far more about getting my 5 EQNs per month - 60 in a year - than picking up $5-10 from some other hotel chain's mediocre promo...
Old Jan 31, 2024, 7:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by kauppias
but sure if I can choose between a 50$ HIX vs a 150$ HP and get more points for it you bet Ill go there.
Where do you find $50 HIX in the same market as a $150 HP?
Old Feb 1, 2024, 8:06 am

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
And because Hyatt's baseline program is so much better for Globalists, I worry far more about getting my 5 EQNs per month - 60 in a year - than picking up $5-10 from some other hotel chain's mediocre promo...
Yes, that is largely my opinion too. Globalist status (vs Explorists) is easily worth 2-3K in value to me (and would cost about double that, if I spent cash for my suites, breakfasts, parking, etc). Last year, I ended right at 60 nights being it a lower-travel year workwise (other than 2 weeks in south america where my funders were in control of my hotel stays). This early in the year, I'd need a lot from another hotels program to convince me to take the risk.

But even points wise - Even accounting for the higher earn rate at Marriott, you have to have a good Marriott promo to make up the poor earn/burn ratio in Marriotts base program.
This spring, I need a handful of nights in Tulsa. HR Tulsa is 3500-5000 points on Saturday nights. The courtyard Marriott (uck) down the the street needs 22,500 Bonvoy points. I can do this math - inflated currencies are not new to me. Marriott's still got to throw thousands of extra points in a promo at me to match Hyatt's earn/burn in this case. I might be able to find better points redemptions than that on select trips in Marriott's footprint, but very often Marriott is earn at maybe twice the rate but need four times as many points to burn. (wiggle room accounting for status, different earnings rates at different brands, etc)
Sydneyberlin likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2024, 9:35 am

If 1,000 Marriott points per night ($6-8) or 2,000 IHG points ($10 if you stay in blocks of 4 nights) moves the needle for you, then by all means go to Marriott or IHG.
I have three stackable promos running for me on Marriott right now so it's about waay more than 1k Marriott points per night. You're also forgetting about the extra elite night credit, as others already mentioned. Next to Marriott's global promo and my two targeted ones, there are also decent sales rates which feature 2k/3k extra points per stay/night.

I have two targeted promos at IHG right now (the one you mention and another for all-inclusives).

Hyatt has a lot of things going for it, but promo-wise, the situation has been pretty dire for the last year or so. Haven't gotten anything out of the AA partnership, either, for at least 1.5 years. Unfortunately, I believe Hyatt's portfolio is a bit less sensitive to the business cylce than Marriott's, Hilton's, and IHG's. For that reason, and in light of the world economy and US economy possibly softening, I wouldn't be surprised if Hyatt promos remained below the standard of the other chains.
Old Feb 1, 2024, 10:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by ffgap
I have three stackable promos running for me on Marriott right now so it's about waay more than 1k Marriott points per night. You're also forgetting about the extra elite night credit, as others already mentioned. Next to Marriott's global promo and my two targeted ones, there are also decent sales rates which feature 2k/3k extra points per stay/night.
Some people value those extra elite nights highly, others don’t benefit from them. If double EQN makes it easier to reach a meaningful status level, that can be quite valuable. I personally don’t think I will have enough stays this year with Marriott to reach Plat even with this promo, so I currently value them as zero. I also wasn’t targeted for any promos other than the global one, so it’s really the 1000 points for me. That’s better than nothing, but not a huge motivator to shift spend to Marriott.

Since my current Marriott status (Gold, via CC/UA) offers me little in terms of benefits, I will most likely book any Marriott revenue stays via AA Hotels and earn my rewards in the AA program instead. And the same would apply to Hyatt stays, with a similar promo or without.
Old Feb 6, 2024, 9:56 pm

Programs: UA Silver/ AA EXP/Hyatt Globalist/Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Hilton Diamond
The Marriott points alone shouldn't move the needle much, but the double elite nights might for a lot of people.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.