Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Suite Upgrade to 2-bedroom possible?

Old Jan 6, 2024, 10:59 am
Original Poster

One thing I like about Marriott is that suite Upgrade to 2bedroom is possible. If I chase status with Hyatt for suite Upgrade, is a 2bedroom upgrade possible for lower tier properties like Hyatt House and Hyatt Place?
Old Jan 6, 2024, 11:07 am

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
I assume you mean using Suite Upgrade Awards (SUAs/TSUs). In which case, HPs are not eligible at all, and you'll find that at most if not all HHs a standard suite, for which a SUA is eligible, is a one-bedroom suite or similar. You can always apply a SUA to get the one-bedroom suite, and email the property directly to see if they're willing to further upgrade you to a two-bedroom suite for a cash supplement. I've done this several times, albeit at higher-end properties and not at a HH.
Old Jan 6, 2024, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Many Hyatt hotels offer "premium suites" for more points. No status required. (in fact, status rarely gets you upgrades to multiple-adult suite layouts)
Old Jan 6, 2024, 4:19 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Rommie2k6
One thing I like about Marriott is that suite Upgrade to 2bedroom is possible. If I chase status with Hyatt for suite Upgrade, is a 2bedroom upgrade possible for lower tier properties like Hyatt House and Hyatt Place?
How is upgrade to a 2-bedroom suite possible at Marriott? As a Marriott LTT, I have never heard of upgrade to a 2-bedroom suite.
Old Jan 6, 2024, 8:50 pm

Programs: BA Gold, UA Plat (1mm),Marriott LT Plat, Avis PC, National Exec Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by CIT85
How is upgrade to a 2-bedroom suite possible at Marriott? As a Marriott LTT, I have never heard of upgrade to a 2-bedroom suite.
As a LTP, Im not sure an upgrade to a 1-br suite exists any more!
Old Jan 6, 2024, 9:05 pm

does 2 bedroom suites at Residence Inns count? Dont remember ever being upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite at a full service. Even the presidential loft suite at the Westin Long Beach is a one bedroom .
Old Jan 6, 2024, 9:21 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I got a 2 bedroom residence last month at a Luxury Collection property. That might've been the only time - though I have gotten many upgrades to specialty suites at Hyatt.
Old Jan 6, 2024, 10:30 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Yes - If you can find an All Suite Hyatt House then you may use a TSU for a 2 Bedroom Suite, their standard rooms are a One Bedroom King Suite.

My example is - Hyatt House Addison

We stay here a couple times a year and use the Suite Upgrade Award for the Two Bedroom King/King Suite.
Old Jan 6, 2024, 10:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Currently staying at a Residence Inn in a 2BR suite, comp upgraded from a studio. Same-day reservation, I call up and ask if they are able to upgrade to the suite if I book a studio as an Ambassador, they say yes, I say great, I give them my name and say "I'll book it in 1 minute and I'll see you in 5." Have done it at numerous Residence Inns to save $100+/night. Always seems to produce a nice welcome amenity too (as far as RIs go, lol) -- tonight we got 3 bottles of water and 3 snacks from the pantry after choosing points as the official welcome gift.
AmericanCasey likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2024, 6:17 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
I have received 2-bedroom suites at three Marriott properties - two in Qatar (one was an all-suite St Regis residence property), and one in Abu Dhabi (that was actually a separate house). None at Hyatt that I can remember. Of course, while fun and dramatic, 2 bedrooms really aren't necessary for a solo traveler like me.

I'm assuming OP is talking about their experience at Residence Inn and the like, which I have never stayed at. My one experience at a Hyatt House was a larger one-bedroom upgrade from a studio, but that was an urban property.
Old Jan 7, 2024, 10:20 am

Originally Posted by platbrownguy
Currently staying at a Residence Inn in a 2BR suite, comp upgraded from a studio. Same-day reservation, I call up and ask if they are able to upgrade to the suite if I book a studio as an Ambassador, they say yes, I say great, I give them my name and say "I'll book it in 1 minute and I'll see you in 5." Have done it at numerous Residence Inns to save $100+/night. Always seems to produce a nice welcome amenity too (as far as RIs go, lol) -- tonight we got 3 bottles of water and 3 snacks from the pantry after choosing points as the official welcome gift.
Just curious if you are calling the hotel FD directly of calling "Marriott"?
Old Jan 7, 2024, 12:52 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by xooz
Just curious if you are calling the hotel FD directly of calling "Marriott"?
Front desk... never call Marriott, lol
xooz likes this.
Old Jan 7, 2024, 7:00 pm

Programs: WN CP, Hyatt Glob, UA Silver
I am not sure this is what you meant, but I have been able to book two standard rooms a few times and then apply a single TSU to combine them into a 2BR Suite where available (I remember specifically doing this at Manchester Grand Hyatt San Diego and Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress)
I have used combination of points, free nights and cash stays, with standard TSU rules applying to whichever reservation I upgrade.

I have been upgraded so similar connecting rooms before, but the 2nd reserved room has been only way to have both connecting doors available for a true 2BR Suite.

example 2BR rate (multiple rooms) vs. Hyatt Place/House which has 2BR options as single reservation

Last edited by TrojanDomer; Jan 7, 2024 at 7:07 pm
Old Jan 10, 2024, 5:24 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
I was upgraded to a 2-bedroom unit at Hyatt Centric Deer Park (a timeshare property badged as Hyatt Centric and not as Hyatt Residence, meaning Globalists receive all benefits) once when I was traveling alone on business.
Old Jan 10, 2024, 5:49 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
I was upgraded to a 2-bedroom unit at Hyatt Centric Deer Park (a timeshare property badged as Hyatt Centric and not as Hyatt Residence, meaning Globalists receive all benefits) once when I was traveling alone on business.
Hyatt Centric Park City. I assume🙂

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.