Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

World Of Hyatt Improves Milestone Rewards, Guest Of Honor (From 1/1/2024)

World Of Hyatt Improves Milestone Rewards, Guest Of Honor (From 1/1/2024)

Old Jun 20, 2024, 5:23 pm

Originally Posted by Matt4200
1) Nothing.
2) No.
3) No.
Interesting. Thanks!
Old Jun 20, 2024, 5:23 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Originally Posted by JakePoo222
What would happen if I reassigned it? Could they pull it? What if I gave it away? Would that cause an issue too?
Yes, it's likely to cause an issue but it's one of Hyatt's own making and it's up to Hyatt to fix, in my view. It's quite possible that Hyatt would not award you an EQN for the second use of the award but, as I say, if you've applied the award that's in your account and it shows as being attached to your reservation ("Guest of Honor" on the res), you're entitled to an EQN and you or your guest(s) (whoever's staying on the res) are equally entitled to the benefits, so argue for it.
Old Jun 20, 2024, 5:25 pm

Originally Posted by danger
Yes, it's likely to cause an issue but it's one of Hyatt's own making and it's up to Hyatt to fix, in my view. It's quite possible that Hyatt would not award you an EQN for the second use of the award but, as I say, if you've applied the award that's in your account and it shows as being attached to your reservation ("Guest of Honor" on the res), you're entitled to an EQN and you or your guest(s) (whoever's staying on the res) are equally entitled to the benefits, so argue for it.
Fair enough. I will be Globalist soon so I won't need it. I will gift it, but didn't want someone to get screwed.
Old Jun 20, 2024, 5:43 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QF, VA, AC, Hyatt, Marriott
Fair enough. I will be Globalist soon so I won't need it. I will gift it, but didn't want someone to get screwed.
In my experience, if the res shows "Guest of Honor", the guest(s) won't have any issues at the property. The trouble comes later because, to my understanding, the hotel needs to redeem the award from Hyatt and it's that process that triggers the gifter getting the EQN.
Old Jun 20, 2024, 5:44 pm

In my experience, if the res shows "Guest of Honor", the guest(s) won't have any issues at the property. The trouble comes later because, to my understanding, the hotel needs to redeem the award from Hyatt and it's that process that triggers the gifter getting the EQN.
Thanks for the info!
Old Jun 20, 2024, 11:51 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
I used a GOH on my own stay. Checked out and got my EQNs. The GOH is still listed as an active award. When will it be removed?
They get pulled upon assignment. So if it's there. It's there.
Old Jun 21, 2024, 12:03 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
The issue (from my understanding) is the actual application of the award. Some agents do it the easy way and set it up the way they were trained which is the Legacy way, which does not use the award. Essentially creating a ďbank error in your favorĒ situation where the recipient/user gets two uses out of it.

Some gifters get upset though because their recipient will not have a 2nd stay by February 2025 and if that happens they get no EQN. My best advice to people on that situation is to try to have the recipient apply it to another personís cash booking wonít work on 3rd personís award stay due to system not allowing it for some reason.
Old Jun 21, 2024, 12:20 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by Matt4200
The issue (from my understanding) is the actual application of the award. Some agents do it the easy way and set it up the way they were trained which is the Legacy way, which does not use the award. Essentially creating a ďbank error in your favorĒ situation where the recipient/user gets two uses out of it.

Some gifters get upset though because their recipient will not have a 2nd stay by February 2025 and if that happens they get no EQN. My best advice to people on that situation is to try to have the recipient apply it to another personís cash booking wonít work on 3rd personís award stay due to system not allowing it for some reason.

Or they can contact hyatt and they will fix it manually, I did this, took a few weeks but consuner affairs fixed it manually by removing the used award and applying the EQN not the fix you advocate but it does wprk flr those who need the EQN and dont see other stays in the horizon or in time...
Old Jun 21, 2024, 12:27 am

Originally Posted by kauppias
Or they can contact hyatt and they will fix it manually, I did this, took a few weeks but consuner affairs fixed it manually by removing the used award and applying the EQN not the fix you advocate but it does wprk flr those who need the EQN and dont see other stays in the horizon or in time...
Sounds like wayyy too much effort and not even a guaranteed solution more like a one off.

Much easier to find someone to apply it to their reservation IMHO. Is either solution ideal? No, but those are basically the options, though I do believe that the vast majority of people who had 1 stay will have at least 1 more by next February, even if itís just at a low end HP/HH (or Rio ).
Old Jun 22, 2024, 3:56 am

Hello -

A quick question not related to GOH - Are the 2k awards credited on an award stay? Or do they need to be credited to cash stays?

Thanks in advance
Old Jun 22, 2024, 3:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Orwaid
Hello -

A quick question not related to GOH - Are the 2k awards credited on an award stay? Or do they need to be credited to cash stays?

Thanks in advance
Award stays are fine.
Old Jun 26, 2024, 1:45 pm

I'm having a huge problem currently with the legacy GoH benefits I booked for my guest.
He's on property now, and they are telling him there is no GoH applied on his account, even though the reservation states that it is.

I called the Globalist line, and the agent escalated to supervisor who told me:
The legacy GoH benefit can only be used once. I was clearly at a dead end here so i ended the call.

I messaged on X, but still waiting for a reply.

I know the legacy guest of honor is unlimited (this is my 2nd use of the legacy in 2024)

Any suggestions on how I can fix this?

I hit 60 nights last year but i do not have a MHC.
Old Jun 26, 2024, 2:02 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

HUCA or try the concierge line
Old Jun 26, 2024, 2:06 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Travelchurner
I'm having a huge problem currently with the legacy GoH benefits I booked for my guest.
He's on property now, and they are telling him there is no GoH applied on his account, even though the reservation states that it is.

I called the Globalist line, and the agent escalated to supervisor who told me:
The legacy GoH benefit can only be used once. I was clearly at a dead end here so i ended the call.

I messaged on X, but still waiting for a reply.

I know the legacy guest of honor is unlimited (this is my 2nd use of the legacy in 2024)

Any suggestions on how I can fix this?

I hit 60 nights last year but i do not have a MHC.
I assume this was booked correctly? As in this was a points stay and booked from your account.

Then I would call again. Since GOH isnít really restricted by capacity, I would even have your guest bill the breakfast to the room and resolve it once you get an agent to fix it.

If you hit 60, you can use the concierge line, even if you donít have one assigned yet.
Travelchurner likes this.
Old Jun 26, 2024, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by SP03
I assume this was booked correctly? As in this was a points stay and booked from your account.

Then I would call again. Since GOH isnít really restricted by capacity, I would even have your guest bill the breakfast to the room and resolve it once you get an agent to fix it.

If you hit 60, you can use the concierge line, even if you donít have one assigned yet.
It was booked using points by calling the globalist line.
Will try mhc line thanks

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.