Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Homes & Hideaways by World of Hyatt

Old Sep 28, 2023, 10:07 am
Original Poster

This actually sounds pretty cool, especially for people with big families like mine when it's hard to get a bunch of hotel rooms together and all the logistics involved. Maybe getting ahead of myself, but I hope they go international, too!

https://newsroom.hyatt.com/homes-hideaways
Old Sep 28, 2023, 10:16 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Following Marriotts footsteps. But itll be interesting to see any offers they launch to help promote this.
TravisMT81 likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2023, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

...Hyatt has identified a highly qualified company, Lowe, that, through an affiliate, will purchase and operate the existing vacation rental management business that is currently branded Destination Residences Management.

In the near future, the Homes & Hideaways by World of Hyatt platform is expected to feature key existing DRM properties in top U.S. leisure destinations...
looks like destination will be rolled into this...

also i recall hyatt tried to offer home rentals a few years back at least in europe..
Old Sep 28, 2023, 11:35 am

Originally Posted by Daftryan
This actually sounds pretty cool, especially for people with big families like mine when it's hard to get a bunch of hotel rooms together and all the logistics involved. Maybe getting ahead of myself, but I hope they go international, too!

https://newsroom.hyatt.com/homes-hideaways
Didn't they have something like this a few years ago before the pandemic and before or just after Marriott introduced their Homes & Villas concept? Probably Oasis or something that never seemed to have taken off.
Old Sep 28, 2023, 11:58 am

Yup they sure did. As stupid an idea then as it is now. Hopefully I will be proven wrong.
Old Sep 28, 2023, 12:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by antonius66
Yup they sure did. As stupid an idea then as it is now. Hopefully I will be proven wrong.
Far from stupid. (except perhaps for those who want hotel amentities from an Airbnb and are sure to be disappointed)

The old Oasis thing worked out perfectly when I needed an apartment for a month. 30 nights Hyatt credit, a huge stack of bonus points. All for the same price as an Airbnb. Cha-ching.
TravisMT81 likes this.
Old Sep 28, 2023, 12:26 pm

Yeah it was such a marvelous idea that it lasted about 2 years.
Old Sep 28, 2023, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by antonius66
Yeah it was such a marvelous idea that it lasted about 2 years.
i hope to see more condo/vacation rentals under hyatt flag and pretty sure that most members with families do as well.. we spent 15-20 days last year at destination properties in colorado, washington and hawaii - most were far more practical for family stays and in excellent shape..
the challenge of course is to manage standards and quality - marriott homes have plenty of negative feedback because of that
Old Sep 28, 2023, 1:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by azepine00
the challenge of course is to manage standards and quality - marriott homes have plenty of negative feedback because of that
Or to stop promoting the homes as super, high-end luxury and instead be clear about what they are - Airbnbs, with all the variance in quality than entails.

There are more than enough people - families in particular - willing to consider an Airbnb with the bonus of elite nights and points. What they don't want is to be promised a luxury ski chalet and receive a dump...
MarkOK and TerryK like this.
Old Sep 28, 2023, 2:41 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
Great, hope it will last this time.
Old Sep 28, 2023, 2:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
I never used the previous incarnation, but could see this be useful.
Old Sep 28, 2023, 3:30 pm

I was openly wondering in the Rio Las Vegas thread why they were still in the Destination Residences Management business, especially with the confusion between Destination Residences and Destination Hotels.

This makes a lot of sense as a method of exiting that business.
Old Sep 28, 2023, 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by azepine00
i hope to see more condo/vacation rentals under hyatt flag and pretty sure that most members with families do as well.. we spent 15-20 days last year at destination properties in colorado, washington and hawaii - most were far more practical for family stays and in excellent shape..
I've spent over 50 nights the last 2 years at Destinations properties. When I booked them through the Hyatt app I realize that these properties are not full service hotels and that I'm only getting the points and night credits. Except for a few rare circumstances, Destinations properties are not going to give you the full service Globalist experience. You are renting someone's condo and getting credit through World of Hyatt which I fully realize and appreciate going into the booking. Why people complain about this type of set up on the Hyatt or Marriott platform I don't know as the other alternative is to book an Airbnb or Vrbo and get zero World of Hyatt/Bonvoy points and night credits and be just as unhappy with the quality of the room you booked if your unlucky.

In any event this looks like it could be a nice opportunity for WOH members. It appears that the Lowes management company, who is buying the Destinations Residences portfolio, will keep the existing properties in place and add new ones to the Hyatt platform.

Last edited by Tonyr4; Sep 28, 2023 at 9:09 pm
Old Sep 28, 2023, 9:10 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt, AAdvantage
Meh, as pointed out above, its unlikely that all Globalist benefits will be offered. Its an option, not much more.
Old Sep 29, 2023, 4:22 pm

Programs: AM Plat, UA Plat, AA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Amex Plat
It's very exciting for people like us - property managers with very high end residences. There can be value for both the guests and for us if Hyatt actually vets the properties and only admits those that meet or exceed brand standards. If you're travelling with a family or large group, it makes much more sense to rent a house with staff than to pay restaurant prices for every single meal for every single person.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.