Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt House Orlando Airport REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Jul 26, 2023, 12:50 pm
Original Poster

Hyatt House Orlando Airport

1 Review | 100% Recommended

Hyatt House MCO (0 Photo)

LHR-MCO flight arrived around 8pm. The hotel offers a 24-hour shuttle which I don't see too often these days. Front desk staff was very helpful on the phone and got the shuttle out to pick us up rather quickly. 

Check In

Quick and painless. Globalist recognized and offered copious amounts of bottled water. No room upgrade offered (not required by the T&Cs nor desired by us)

Room

Good space. I mean, it's a new build in a suburban location so everything should be ideal. Which it was. Bathroom was spacious. Modern, clean aesthetic. I really liked all aspects of the glass shower design. My son wet the bed during the night which caused me to go sleep on the couch, which was extremely comfortable as it was (never tried pulling it out). If i were by myself I'd have no problem staying and working in this room long term. 

Dining

Not sure about anything besides breakfast, but the breakfast service was the most well-run I've every seen. The employees either are extremely well-trained, love their job, get paid very well, or some combination thereof, because they did a marvelous job managing the breakfast. Every single item was fully stocked, and as soon as it dwindled slightly (from empty cups, to napkins, to fruits, etc) there seemingly was an employee checking every 5-10 minutes to replenish the items and wipe down the area. It was immaculate. There were made to order omelettes with numbers for table service, and the employees also bussed tables and kept the dining area clean and orderly. I was amazed. Of course, the hotel has been open for just three months so this may not last, but it was very impressive. 

Food-wise, well, it is an HH so it was mediocre lol. But the experience was a delight. 

Gym

Not very big but packed a lot of equipment in and made good use of the space. Definitely offers what you need for a good workout. 

Pool

Nice pool area. Given the newness of the hotel and the location in FL, it almost gave the slightest hint of a resort feel. Very comfortable seating, palm trees (I think), massive outdoor TV screen with sports highlights. 

Overall

Sorry I have no photos. I wasn't planning to publish a review lol. But since this hotel is 3 months old and there isn't a thread for it yet, I decided to get one started. 

Hyatt House MCO

Would you like to write a review on the Hyatt House Orlando Airport?

No, thank you.
Yes
ProjectSunburst likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2023, 2:39 pm

Programs: Starriot Platinum, DL PM, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Explorist
We stayed one night before a morning flight. Shuttle in the morning was on time and efficient. There are plenty of dining options (mostly mid-scale chain restaurants) within easy walking distance from the hotel.
Old Jul 27, 2023, 3:13 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, American Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Agree with both posters, had a 2 night stay here and thought the fit & finish were solid. Location easy for airport or eastside Orlando (including if you wanted to do day trips over to Melbourne beach). Easy parking and lots of restaurant options walkable or easy drive.
Old Jul 27, 2023, 5:20 pm

Originally Posted by rtpflyer
We stayed one night before a morning flight. Shuttle in the morning was on time and efficient. There are plenty of dining options (mostly mid-scale chain restaurants) within easy walking distance from the hotel.
Other than a really small road to cross, it's almost like the strip with a lot of those restaurants are in the parking lot of the hotel.
Old Jul 27, 2023, 8:33 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by rtpflyer
FDA mentioned some kind of discount (maybe 15%?) at one or more of the restaurants by showing your key card. I didn't really care so it went in one ear and out the other.
Skink likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2023, 10:09 am
Original Poster

Stayed another night after yet another late flight into MCO. Asked for a tub and was upgraded into a very nice 1-bedroom suite. This was probably my 10th Hyatt House bedroom suite and it was tied for the nicest I can remember (tied with a HH Naples stay from back in 2016 which was also when that hotel was very new).

Unlike our previous stay, we had our breakfast during the breakfast rush hour which meant things were far more chaotic and not quite as immaculate. The breakfast employees still did a very commendable job, but it was just enough to maintain order given the chaos. I now understand why the slow times were so impressive, because they have all that practice from the busy times. I'm very appreciative of these folks putting in the effort and with smiles on their faces...I've definitely encountered many a breakfast worker who's been huffy, grumpy, and/or unhelpful in far less stressful situations.

Originally selected 3pm late checkout in the app. As it turned out we needed a little more time so I asked the front desk for 3:30 and they gladly rounded it to 4pm for me.
Old Dec 7, 2023, 11:52 pm

few questions.we are two adults and a child. Does the king or queen one bedroom suite at this hotel has a dining table and chairs near the kitchen to sit down? Is there two TVS, one in bedroom and one in separate living room? Is the 2 queen suite bigger or one king suite? I am thinking of staying here rather than the other House house in orlando near universal . theme parks and outletmalls are not too far right? There is free parking right? thanks
Old Dec 8, 2023, 1:30 am
Original Poster

Yes there is a "dining table" (more like a kitchen island) with stools rather than normal chairs. I didn't love it cause they're high and not enough of them, iirc maybe just two.

Yes, two TVs. My guess is the 2Q and 1K are both the same size, so there will just be more floor space in the 1K. But there's tons of space either way. Yes, free parking. Not sure about distance to things you mention.
Old Dec 8, 2023, 11:31 am

Originally Posted by projectmaximus
Yes there is a "dining table" (more like a kitchen island) with stools rather than normal chairs. I didn't love it cause they're high and not enough of them, iirc maybe just two.

Yes, two TVs. My guess is the 2Q and 1K are both the same size, so there will just be more floor space in the 1K. But there's tons of space either way. Yes, free parking. Not sure about distance to things you mention.
thanks for the info.
on their website, it shows one bedroom suite is 475 SQ vs 2Q bedroom suites 515 SQ. The 2 queen bedroom suites is larger.
Old Dec 8, 2023, 7:58 pm
Original Poster

Ah ok. (not sure why you asked the question lol) My only experience was with a 2Q (actually had yet another stay after my last review, same room type) so it was just a guess. Either way the bedroom should feel plenty spacious.
Old Dec 9, 2023, 11:16 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, National Exec Elite, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Discoverist
Originally Posted by Blueheaven
I am thinking of staying here rather than the other House house in orlando near universal . theme parks and outletmalls are not too far right? There is free parking right? thanks
This is about as nice a Hyatt House as I've stayed at -- it's relatively new and (so far) well kept. I'd stay there again when flying out of MCO. But I don't know that I'd classify it as being close to the theme parks. I-4 and 528 are often congested in my experience, and I'd probably elect to be closer to the attractions. Haven't stayed at the Hyatt House by Universal, so I can't compare.
Old Jun 22, 2024, 10:50 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Looking at staying here prior to an early morning flight. Can anyone tell me the timings of the shuttle departures from the hotel to the airport? How often do they run?
Old Jun 30, 2024, 12:34 am

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Honors Diamond, Delta Gold
Originally Posted by friedablass
Looking at staying here prior to an early morning flight. Can anyone tell me the timings of the shuttle departures from the hotel to the airport? How often do they run?
To answer my own question, the airport shuttle runs every 30 minutes on the hour and half hour and they recommend making reservations to ensure a spot at the time you want to leave to the airport.

Hotel is very nice and clean with spacious standard rooms. Had no time for breakfast so can't comment on that. Would stay here again if arriving late to MCO or leaving with an early morning flight but for Orlando's attractions (i.e. Disney SeaWorld, Universal) or shopping I'd stay elsewhere that's closer and more central to your targeted area.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.