Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Caption by Hyatt Namba Osaka REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Caption by Hyatt Namba Osaka REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Jun 2, 2024, 6:06 pm

Originally Posted by jehova
Any FT'ers stay here recently? Have an upcoming reservation and looking to hear some review/feedback of the hotel.
it opens June 30th so no reviews yet.
Old Jun 2, 2024, 7:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by brabb12
it opens June 30th so no reviews yet.
It's set to open June 12th according to their official Instagram.
Old Jun 2, 2024, 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by Aventine
It's set to open June 12th according to their official Instagram.
Bookable on Hyatt website as well. Which is news cause I have a stay coming up prior to June 30 and never could search this hotel. The current rate for my dates is 161 USD after tax, so I'm not sure...currently booked into three rooms at the Holiday Inn & Suites Shin Osaka (family trip) for just $70/night. I'm tempted but I think the overall price difference for multiple rooms multiple nights is too much.

Also interesting to note that the Caption is allowing 4 to a base room (well, 2 adults and 2 kids). I was not expecting that...I'm pretty sure it returned no result in the past when I searched that number of pax so it must be a recent change.
Old Jun 3, 2024, 12:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by projectmaximus
Bookable on Hyatt website as well. Which is news cause I have a stay coming up prior to June 30 and never could search this hotel. The current rate for my dates is 161 USD after tax, so I'm not sure...currently booked into three rooms at the Holiday Inn & Suites Shin Osaka (family trip) for just $70/night. I'm tempted but I think the overall price difference for multiple rooms multiple nights is too much.

Also interesting to note that the Caption is allowing 4 to a base room (well, 2 adults and 2 kids). I was not expecting that...I'm pretty sure it returned no result in the past when I searched that number of pax so it must be a recent change.
Do a 1 night MR just for the badge. I know I won't be going to Tennessee or Shanghai anytime soon.

Last edited by Aventine; Jun 3, 2024 at 2:04 am
Old Jun 10, 2024, 8:06 pm

Do a 1 night MR just for the badge. I know I won't be going to Tennessee or Shanghai anytime soon.
I'm tempted to do this but wondering if I'm going to have my family suffer in the heat in August, my cheap a$$ is going to make them walk from the subway station, no taxi..lol. We're coming in from PH Kyoto so the plan was to go to IC Osaka, which is at the station. The bright side is that it makes us go to that side of town anyway for the more tourist stuff.
Old Jun 11, 2024, 3:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by moolman
I'm tempted to do this but wondering if I'm going to have my family suffer in the heat in August, my cheap a$$ is going to make them walk from the subway station, no taxi..lol. We're coming in from PH Kyoto so the plan was to go to IC Osaka, which is at the station. The bright side is that it makes us go to that side of town anyway for the more tourist stuff.
I would just go there myself for the badge check-in and keep them at the IC. The rooms are small and no point in packing and unpacking for 1 night. Happy wife, happy life.
Old Jun 11, 2024, 4:36 am

I would just go there myself for the badge check-in and keep them at the IC. The rooms are small and no point in packing and unpacking for 1 night. Happy wife, happy life.
I spoke to my wife and she's not a picky traveler, we've been to plenty of fleabag motels before too...haha. Decided on staying there 2 nights, last time we just stayed in the IC Osaka area and she never got to visit Dotonburi, so this will make her. I was like, you need to take the tourist picture with the running guy. The hotel will be 1 month old by the time we get there, let's hope they give Globalist an upgrade to that deluxe room. I used points to book the nights since it's 5k points vs $150 cash, 3cpp, is good enough for me. We're going from a Cat 8 to a Cat 1 but it's Japan, it can't be that bad ...haha... Then 4 days at the IC Osaka, booked the Premium city view as we discussed in the past to get that junior suite, which is fine by me.
Old Jun 12, 2024, 2:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The hotel is now open according to Instagram.

Last edited by Aventine; Jun 12, 2024 at 2:15 am
Old Jun 12, 2024, 3:14 am

Let's hope they give Globalist an upgrade to that deluxe room.
Not to say they absolutely won't give you an upgrade, but they do have this posted on the front of their website:

About Membership Benefits: Caption by Hyatt is not eligible for World of Hyatt Terms & Conditions "Preferred Room" or "Best Room Available " benefits.
CoffeeTraveler likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2024, 4:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jxwo
Not to say they absolutely won't give you an upgrade, but they do have this posted on the front of their website:

About Membership Benefits: Caption by Hyatt is not eligible for World of Hyatt Terms & Conditions "Preferred Room" or "Best Room Available " benefits.
I think this is a "book what you can live with" kind of property.
CoffeeTraveler likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2024, 7:37 am

Programs: Bonvoy Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Gold
Also new pictures posted. https://www.hyatt.com/caption-by-hya...-osaka/gallery
Old Jun 12, 2024, 9:18 am

Not to say they absolutely won't give you an upgrade.
It's Japan. By the letter of the law, they absolutely won't give you an upgrade.
TravisMT81 likes this.
Old Jun 12, 2024, 6:22 pm

Originally Posted by TravisMT81
Nice styling. Very similar, albeit different color tones, to the Caption in Shanghai. I quite like the one in Shanghai.
Old Jun 12, 2024, 10:29 pm

Well, the first Globalist from here, report back what happens...haha... I just switched my stay to 1 night anyway from 2, last night PH Kyoto opened up another award night space for one of the nights I was supposed to stay here, so I grabbed it. Need to get the brand badge..haha and it might be my only opportunity.
Old Jun 12, 2024, 10:33 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Well, the first Globalist from here, report back what happens...haha... I just switched my stay to 1 night anyway from 2, last night PH Kyoto opened up another award night space for one of the nights I was supposed to stay here, so I grabbed it. Need to get the brand badge..haha and it might be my only opportunity.
I do find it hilarious that you put PH Kyoto, IC Osaka and no taxi to the Caption in Namba into the same post . My wife wouldn't be nearly as understanding and accommodating and tell me to do such "earnings shenanigans" on my own and not during her vacation time and that no taxi was non starter (with luggage) .
Aventine and CoffeeTraveler like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.