Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt Properties with shower curtains

Old Mar 11, 2023, 10:45 pm
Original Poster

One thing that grosses me out about any hotel is a shower curtain. I feel it's unsanitary and outdated, and makes me wonder why any hotel would have one.

I can't remember the last time I stayed somewhere that didn't have a walk-in shower with a glass door or a separate shower and tub, neither outfitted with a curtain.

Now that I'm researching and planning a spring vacation, I'm surprised how many properties still have them.. Manchester Grand Hyatt, Orlando Hyatt Regency, and a bunch of others I would have considered if not for their photos showing shower curtains.

Does anyone else feel the same way? And what are some of the nicest beautiful Hyatt properties that have gorgeous bathrooms without the dreaded shower curtains?
Old Mar 11, 2023, 10:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by CompFalls15
One thing that grosses me out about any hotel is a shower curtain. I feel it's unsanitary and outdated, and makes me wonder why any hotel would have one.

I can't remember the last time I stayed somewhere that didn't have a walk-in shower with a glass door or a separate shower and tub, neither outfitted with a curtain.

Now that I'm researching and planning a spring vacation, I'm surprised how many properties still have them.. Manchester Grand Hyatt, Orlando Hyatt Regency, and a bunch of others I would have considered if not for their photos showing shower curtains.

Does anyone else feel the same way? And what are some of the nicest beautiful Hyatt properties that have gorgeous bathrooms without the dreaded shower curtains?
My personal feelings when traveling is that I don't want a similar shower/tub combo like at home. That includes the dreaded shower curtain.

I believe all PHs have eliminated the shower curtain since PH Toronto renovated and got rid of their shower/tub combos in base rooms. I could be wrong since haven't been to every single PH out there. Usually, PH bathrooms are first class with either separate standalone tubs, nicely constructed attached tubs with walk-in showers.

Shower curtains in Asia:
GH Seoul base rooms with bathtub (a Cat. 5 disgrace)

Last edited by Aventine; Mar 11, 2023 at 11:06 pm
Old Mar 12, 2023, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Andaz Maui - full curtains at least in the suites, but roomy enough showers that they don’t bother me.
Old Mar 12, 2023, 7:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Aventine
My personal feelings when traveling is that I don't want a similar shower/tub combo like at home. That includes the dreaded shower curtain.

I believe all PHs have eliminated the shower curtain since PH Toronto renovated and got rid of their shower/tub combos in base rooms. I could be wrong since haven't been to every single PH out there. Usually, PH bathrooms are first class with either separate standalone tubs, nicely constructed attached tubs with walk-in showers.

Shower curtains in Asia:
GH Seoul base rooms with bathtub (a Cat. 5 disgrace)

You would think at a Cat 5 they'd at least change the curtains for each new guest but I still wouldn't be happy about that bathroom. It's also too close to the toilet. Not a fan of that look. Personally the bathroom is one thing that makes or breaks a hotel room.
notquiteaff likes this.

Last edited by CompFalls15; Mar 12, 2023 at 8:02 am
Old Mar 12, 2023, 10:07 am

Never thought about the shower curtain too much... there are plenty of people who actually want a bathtub it seems so would guess even some high end hotels try to accommodate that. Just returned from Hyatt Regency Sarasota with tub and curtains...and a cramped toilet that forced you to rest your arm on the toilet roll hanger!
wrldwide1 likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2023, 11:48 am

Programs: Lots

Im skeptical that there is any evidence that shower curtains are any less sanitary than glass doors. I've come across enough stray hairs in the middle of taking a shower (regardless of the barrier) that I just roll my eyes and direct the water to carry it down the drain and forget about it by the time I've gotten dressed. Things get missed, housekeeping staff are overworked and pathetically underpaid. I doubt that the curtain vs glass has any effect whatsoever on how clean the bathing area is.
Old Mar 12, 2023, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA ExPlat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by IggySD
Im skeptical that there is any evidence that shower curtains are any less sanitary than glass doors. I've come across enough stray hairs in the middle of taking a shower (regardless of the barrier) that I just roll my eyes and direct the water to carry it down the drain and forget about it by the time I've gotten dressed. Things get missed, housekeeping staff are overworked and pathetically underpaid. I doubt that the curtain vs glass has any effect whatsoever on how clean the bathing area is.
Glass doors are easier to clean than a wet, moving curtain. And I can see at a glance from the outside if it looks reasonable. My preference is a walk-in shower without any door, though.
Old Mar 12, 2023, 5:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

You would think at a Cat 5 they'd at least change the curtains for each new guest but I still wouldn't be happy about that bathroom. It's also too close to the toilet. Not a fan of that look. Personally the bathroom is one thing that makes or breaks a hotel room.
Certainly not changed for every guest. I doubt it's even ever cleaned too. GH Seoul was built over 40 years ago as a Regency and the short ceilings and small rooms reflect that.

Last edited by Aventine; Mar 12, 2023 at 5:51 pm
Old Mar 12, 2023, 6:27 pm

Programs: BA GLD, AA GLD 1MM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Titanium
Completely agree with this thread.. I am not a clean freak/germaphobe at all, but I do find hotel shower curtains to be completely gross.. especially when they start blowing around and I come into contact with them, it just grosses me out.
Old Mar 13, 2023, 1:56 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
This is one of the more niche “I want a Hyatt which has x facility” threads that I’ve seen.
GUWonder, MarkOK and IggySD like this.
Old Mar 13, 2023, 2:18 am

Programs: Star Gold, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, EY Silver
Then be sure to avoid the Bates Motel in Fairvale, CA.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.